{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

bids for Rose and Angol

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: bids for Rose and Angol

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:41 am

James wrote:Kean over Logan :lol: :lol: :lol:

Give your head a shake.

Oh no someone has a different opinion...

Id prefer Logan, Hes a great shot stopper. Just wish he'd loose some weight and be a bit more mobile.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:53 am

Sedgwick wrote:

Give your head a shake.

Id prefer Logan, Hes a great shot stopper. Just wish he'd loose some weight and be a bit more mobile.

Too fat, too slow & nailed to his line.

A keeper being a good shot stopper is fulfilling the minimum requirement for the job.

I don't get the love in.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:55 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
DogsDoDahs wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Conker wrote:Yeah because a front two of Graham and OSJ screams good enough to beat the L2 champions.

If Rose does return to the fray, some of you lot are just going to have to deal with it.

I hope he plays Davies and Walker.

But failing that the other two deserve a chance, especially in front of someone who doesn’t want to play for us any more.

How do we know Danny Rose does not want to play for the stags anymore? DR did not put it out there that "he was surplus to requirements" did he.
We will see soon enough how the land lies when Flitcroft either picks him again or he leaves on loan till a January permanent deal somewhere

I think the clue is that he put in a TRANSFER REQUEST.

Or do you think he did it for a bit of fun?

What if Rose has had a change of heart?

If so then doesn't he deserve a 2nd chance, Andy?
Yes everyone deserves a second chance.

But he can’t expect to walk straight back into the team.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:22 am

Appearances for the Stags, give me Kean every time.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby laneymtfc » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:26 am

Kernow wrote:Appearances for the Stags, give me Kean every time.

Agreed! Like i said before i like Conrad, just looks like hes 7 month gone and moves like he is at the minute
laneymtfc
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:27 am

Sneag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Give your head a shake.

Too fat, too slow & nailed to his line.

A keeper being a good shot stopper is fulfilling the minimum requirement for the job.

I don't get the love in.

Id give bobby a game anyway over brining in a third keeper. Logan being a shot stopper isn't the minimum requirement when most keepers in this league flap at any shot coming their way.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:36 am

Amber Andy wrote:
DogsDoDahs wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Conker wrote:Yeah because a front two of Graham and OSJ screams good enough to beat the L2 champions.

If Rose does return to the fray, some of you lot are just going to have to deal with it.

But failing that the other two deserve a chance, especially in front of someone who doesn’t want to play for us any more.

How do we know Danny Rose does not want to play for the stags anymore? DR did not put it out there that "he was surplus to requirements" did he.
We will see soon enough how the land lies when Flitcroft either picks him again or he leaves on loan till a January permanent deal somewhere

You obviously cannot read or are clueless and cannot comprehend the truth behind David Flitcrofts words about the rose situation

Once again Flitcrofts words were "DR was directed in a certain way and manipulated into putting a transfer request in" and "This really is not DR and it was a surprise when it did come in" and "a lot of work went on behind the scenes to destabalise DR"
Theres the CLUE and its not funny for the club or DR
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:09 pm

Get Danny ont bench tonight, comes on bags the winner, all is forgiven and they all lived happily ever after, except ofcourse for the horrible evil fat slouch who fell in a barrel of salt and was never seen again.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:18 pm

DogsDoDahs wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
DogsDoDahs wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

You obviously cannot read or are clueless and cannot comprehend the truth behind David Flitcrofts words about the rose situation

Once again Flitcrofts words were "DR was directed in a certain way and manipulated into putting a transfer request in" and "This really is not DR and it was a surprise when it did come in" and "a lot of work went on behind the scenes to destabalise DR"
Theres the CLUE and its not funny for the club or DR

So what are you saying. He’s not responsible for his own actions ?

Or maybe someone forged his signature?

He seems an intelligent young man to me. Intelligent enough to know what he was signing.

And what about the lucrative contract he signed with us recently.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:19 pm

He doesn’t seem intelligent to me.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:22 pm

When we signed Kean i thought he'd be top drawer, but instead he ended up bottom shelf. Perhaps my memory is bad, but as i remember he turned away less shots than Shane MacGowan on a Friday night! :P

I'm more than happy with Logan - he's made more class saves to keep us in games than mistakes which have ultimately cost us.

Amazing how we all perceive things so differently......
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:49 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:When we signed Kean i thought he'd be top drawer, but instead he ended up bottom shelf. Perhaps my memory is bad, but as i remember he turned away less shots than Shane MacGowan on a Friday night! :P

I'm more than happy with Logan - he's made more class saves to keep us in games than mistakes which have ultimately cost us.

Agree. Rather Logan than Kean. The best keeper we ever had was Price.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:03 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:When we signed Kean i thought he'd be top drawer, but instead he ended up bottom shelf. Perhaps my memory is bad, but as i remember he turned away less shots than Shane MacGowan on a Friday night! :P

Agree. Rather Logan than Kean. The best keeper we ever had was Price.

Give Over . Best keeper EVER was Price ? . Hollins , Brown , Hitchcock , Marriot and sir Rodney Arnold would keep Price out of the top 5
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:16 pm

Logan tries, but is limited. Perhaps if he lost a stone or two?
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:14 pm

I was never a Logan fan but he has rather surprisingly won me around somewhat.

I don't like his catching, command of his area or attention span but he does make some really crucial point blank saves which others would not.

Goal keeper is an absolutely crucial position for a team serious about promotion and overall I think he saves us more points than he loses us. I don't think he is the long term answer but probably just shades Kean.

We will however have to replace him if we go up.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:16 pm

I think Logan is good enough for L2 quite comfortably. Rare you will find a good all rounder in L2, we could probably get better though with the budgets we have nowadays.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:21 pm

Logan for me too, a very steady keeper at this level. Kean made his fair share of mistakes if my memory serves me right, all keepers do. Kean will be on hefty wages surely. I like both equally, good at this level.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:48 pm

I puzzle when people knock Logan. I find him a reliable, very capable lower league goalkeeper.

I'd certainly pick him over Jake Kean, who's just okay in my eyes.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:22 pm

PRL13 wrote:Logan tries, but is limited. Perhaps if he lost a stone or two?

Didn't seem limited when he stopped that 'almost certain' point-blank chance against Newport. That's the sort of incident we often conceded in the past
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:28 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
PRL13 wrote:Logan tries, but is limited. Perhaps if he lost a stone or two?

Didn't seem limited when he stopped that 'almost certain' point-blank chance against Newport. That's the sort of incident we often conceded in the past

No where he's limited is his inability or unwillingness to step a few feet off his line to collect very collectable crosses.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:04 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Conrad Logan was voted Player of the Season by the Chad readers. He made a few mistakes but he had a decent season and saved us on numerous occasions. Wycombe at home and Coventry away come to mind. He's a great kicker as well and even claimed a few assists.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:07 pm

I like his commitment.

He hates conceding a goal.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:42 pm

One of the most depressing aspects of this forum is the need for some to single a player out and then criticise

Conrad Logan is in my opinion one of the best keepers we have had in a number of years. I agree he could at times be more commanding when balls come in but from my recollection both Kean and Price were v similar. Both have been serial number twos in their careers. I don’t bear either any malice but let’s not let rose tinted specs obscure reality

I like Conrad - if he was the great shot stopper and good kicker he is and dominated his penalty box he wouldnt be here. Please lay off him and for me Conrad keep on doing what you do

COYS
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:42 pm

One of the most depressing aspects of this forum is the need for some to single a player out and then criticise

Conrad Logan is in my opinion one of the best keepers we have had in a number of years. I agree he could at times be more commanding when balls come in but from my recollection both Kean and Price were v similar. Both have been serial number twos in their careers. I don’t bear either any malice but let’s not let rose tinted specs obscure reality

I like Conrad - if he was the great shot stopper and good kicker he is and dominated his penalty box he wouldnt be here. Please lay off him and for me Conrad keep on doing what you do

COYS
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:50 pm

yorkstag wrote:One of the most depressing aspects of this forum is the need for some to single a player out and then criticise

COYS

fully agree, some on here expect strikers to finish every chance they get. midfielders to make an assist with every pass, defenders never making mistakes, goalies saving everything while being amazing at kicking. It just doesn't happen in league two. Logan is good enough for us to mount another promotion push. He's miles better than Scott shearer and Jensen
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum