{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

bids for Rose and Angol

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: bids for Rose and Angol

Postby G B » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:49 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
Stag95 wrote:
Kernow wrote:Let him go, rumour is that we have better to come in when the situation is resolved.

What is the rumour?

nobody knows as per normal

cannot see us getting a better option than a fit motivated Danny Rose

A fit motivated Danny Rose that tried to stay on his feet rather than cheating would be a better option
G B
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amberheart » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:39 pm

I'll pick a rose for my Rose
Cos somehow I know he knows
This love deep in my heart is still alive :)
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:36 pm

No name but source was totally reliable.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:23 pm

It would have been great yesterday if we could have brought on Danny Rose for Tyler Walker.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:27 pm

I will reserve judgment on bringing in better players. Lee Angol and Jimmy Spencer were supposed to better than Matt Green but I would rather have kept Greeny. He did not start yesterday but came off the bench for an assist and a goal.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:01 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:It would have been great yesterday if we could have brought on Danny Rose for Tyler Walker.

Yeah, if only Rose hadn’t pooed all over the club and fans eh ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:20 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:It would have been great yesterday if we could have brought on Danny Rose for Tyler Walker.

Yeah, if only Rose hadn’t pooed all over the club and fans eh ?

It appears that dropping us right in the mire just as the season starts is perfectly acceptable in some people's minds if you're the blue eyed boy.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:28 am

Exactly. This is ultimately Rose’s fault and his responsibility to make it right.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:29 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
Stag95 wrote:
Kernow wrote:Let him go, rumour is that we have better to come in when the situation is resolved.

What is the rumour?

nobody knows as per normal

cannot see us getting a better option than a fit motivated Danny Rose

Will he ever be motivated whilst in the Famous Amber shirt again though? He wants away and he'll think we've scuppered his chances of playing higher and increasing his bank balance. He's not figured at all in pre season. I wait and see how August goes and whether we add to the strike force with a loan from somewhere.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:01 am

Spoke to a first team player on the way back from the game, Rose is not training with the first team.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:57 am

Kernow wrote:Spoke to a first team player on the way back from the game, Rose is not training with the first team.

Everyone deserves a second chance. Bring him back into the fold.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:01 am

Everybody on here must be whiter than white ,or never made a mistake in their lives ,hes asked for a transfer ,probably been promised everything under the sun by evans and co ,who then have either left him in the lurch by failing to agree to our valuation or some other reason ,if after todays meeting with DF an agreement which suits all parties is agreed ,then we should then just get on with things ,remember DR ,probably realises hes not done himself any favours with the fans ,dont know whether it will work out or not but i dont think slagging him off helps anybody
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:23 am

:D Picture this

DF sat in office with his buck fizz music playing..

Knock knock ,come in Danny ,take a seat.

DF does an impersonation in his Hughie Green voice.

Well Danny , when Opportunity knocks ,its make your mind up time :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:43 am

spanishstag wrote:Everybody on here must be whiter than white ,or never made a mistake in their lives ,hes asked for a transfer ,probably been promised everything under the sun by evans and co ,who then have either left him in the lurch by failing to agree to our valuation or some other reason ,if after todays meeting with DF an agreement which suits all parties is agreed ,then we should then just get on with things ,remember DR ,probably realises hes not done himself any favours with the fans ,dont know whether it will work out or not but i dont think slagging him off helps anybody

DR has got to realise he has caused most of this situation.

He should remember he has been treated well by the club and the fans.

I agree everyone deserves a second chance.

If he withdraws his transfer request that would show his heart is still with us.

But he would need to go further than that, work hard and buy into what DF is trying to achieve.

He would have to accept he is not a first choice striker at the moment.

I think he will get his move to where his heart is, Peterborough.

Ironically he will be further down the pecking order there.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:54 am

Agree Amber, Danny's status at the One Call has fallen from hero to zero, he really cannot be the sharpest knife in the box. Falling for Evan's lines, the fat man always says, " if I get the chance to speak to a player he will sign for me", is that because he lies to them?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:47 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I will reserve judgment on bringing in better players. Lee Angol and Jimmy Spencer were supposed to better than Matt Green but I would rather have kept Greeny. He did not start yesterday but came off the bench for an assist and a goal.

Sorry to interrupt you a mid-lynching, Tappy ;)

To be fair, both those players are prior to DF's reign. So far, his 'quality player' acquisition strike rate is far higher - Khan, Davies, Walker, Preston, Bish, Graham, Gibbens are all players he's looking to play and all seem decent based on what us fans know. Every manager is bound to sign a few destined for the Frey Bentos meat filling plant, but up to now i don't think we have? Based on that i'd be fairly happy with DF's next acquisition, though perhaps a slight caveat that he might be constrained by either budget, time, or availability.

If i'm wrong then feel free to interject, once you've finished using the axe sharpening stone of course! :P

Your call tho bud and your perfectly entitled to your opinion, but it does seem that most of your posts are slanted against DF, hence my cynicism.
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:56 am

We’ve all got to move on one way or another.

If he truly wants gone he will be gone so get a decent fee and say your goodbyes. Especially if kernow’s rumour is correct, good source or not it hasn’t happened until it has!

Otherwise you need Rose to start making the apologies before you give him a second chance. If he does and starts scoring I’m sure many will forgive him.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:19 am

Whoever we bring in now, it's likely they'll be better than a demotivated, unfit and disliked Danny Rose. Get him out for a decent fee and use that plus the Angol money to bring in James Collins.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:24 am

ParisStag wrote:Whoever we bring in now, it's likely they'll be better than a demotivated, unfit and disliked Danny Rose. Get him out for a decent fee and use that plus the Angol money to bring in James Collins.

James Collins has started Luton's first two league games. Do you think they are going to let him out on loan with a view to get cash in January?

Danny Rose is not disliked by me. He had his head turned. It is easily resolved if all parties want to.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby daddycool » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:31 am

Agreed.
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:43 am

Agreed regarding how it can easily be solved.

Definitely some delusion on here, it’s very hard to find somebody to score the 17 goals Rose did last season never mind the 20+ he would have bagged if Evans did not leave.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:48 am

My post was not slanted against DF at all Mutiny. It was just making the point that replacement signings do not always turn out to be better than the players they have replaced. I'm sure we can think of plenty of examples. Matt Green being replaced by Jimmy Spencer and Lee Angol is one of them. Managers will live or die by the quality of their signings. They need to get more right than wrong. I wish DF well. I'm not sure he envisaged a situation a few weeks ago where his only replacement forward on the bench was a 20 year old who had not started a league game. I'm sure he is concerned about this situation and wants it resolving as soon as possible either by signing another forward on loan (or loan to buy); or by bringing Danny Rose back into the group. I hope for the fans, the club, JR and DF that his meeting with Danny Rose goes well today otherwise we may be in limbo until the end of the month. We will need another quality forward like Danny if we are going for promotion.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:48 am

My post was not slanted against DF at all Mutiny. It was just making the point that replacement signings do not always turn out to be better than the players they have replaced. I'm sure we can think of plenty of examples. Matt Green being replaced by Jimmy Spencer and Lee Angol is one of them. Managers will live or die by the quality of their signings. They need to get more right than wrong. I wish DF well. I'm not sure he envisaged a situation a few weeks ago where his only replacement forward on the bench was a 20 year old who had not started a league game. I'm sure he is concerned about this situation and wants it resolving as soon as possible either by signing another forward on loan (or loan to buy); or by bringing Danny Rose back into the group. I hope for the fans, the club, JR and DF that his meeting with Danny Rose goes well today otherwise we may be in limbo until the end of the month. We will need another quality forward like Danny if we are going for promotion.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:59 am

In my opinion it's virtually impossible for Danny to make a comeback and be accepted unless he scores every game. For all the good stuff he did last season he let himself down with his constant, not very convincing, diving - never liked it and never will, it's cheating and spoils the game for me. He often got bullied by defenders and last but not least once 'fat boy' had gone Danny went with him, in mind.

The lad has made it clear he doesn't want to be here, so let's move onwards & upwards.

Having his head turned or not the first thing you should be is professional and ensure everything is above board.

OK ish while it lasted Danny but good bye.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:01 pm

Conker wrote:Agreed regarding how it can easily be solved.

Definitely some delusion on here, it’s very hard to find somebody to score the 17 goals Rose did last season never mind the 20+ he would have bagged if Evans did not leave.

He failed to score 3 goals just because 'fat boy' left, oh please!
pemill
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum