{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

bids for Rose and Angol

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: bids for Rose and Angol

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:22 am

If you look at the top goalscorers for League 1 and 2 last season then Danny Rose is one of the few that is available. Apparently Evans wants a target man so he could also go for Tom Eaves, John Marquis, Jayden Stockley and Christian Doidge. I wouldn't mind having someone like Tom Eaves or even Chris Porter in Stags' squad as a Plan B but I cannot see us paying out another transfer fee this season.

Steve Evans clearly wants Danny Rose so I think Peterborough will come back with a bigger offer. JR is right to stick to his asking price.

* Figures in brackets are penalties

League 1
1. Jack Marriott - 27 (1)
2. Brett Pitman - 23 (4)
3. Bradley Dack -19 (0)
4. Will Grigg - 18 (1)
5. Tom Eaves -17 (2)
6. Erhun Öztumer -16 (0)
7. Eoin Doyle - 15 (0)
7. Nick Powell - 15 (2)
9. Graham Carey - 14 (5)
9. Danny Graham - 14 (0)
11. John Marquis - 14 (0)
11. Charlie Mulgrew - 14 (5)
11. Lyle Taylor - 14 (3)
11. Charlie Wyke - 14 (2)

League 2
1. Billy Kee - 25 (7)
2. Marc McNulty - 23 (4)
3. Mohamed Eisa -22 (0)
4. Danny Hylton - 21 (5)
5. Christian Doidge - 20 (1)
6. James Collins -19 (2)
6. Kristian Dennis -19 (4)
6. Jayden Stockley -19 (1)
9. Adebayo Akinfenwa -17 (0)
9. Tom Pope - 17 (4)
11. Jorge Grant -15 (0)
11. Kayden Jackson - 15 (0)
12. Kane Hemmings - 14 (2)
13. Danny Newton - 14 (0)
14. Danny Rose -14 (0)
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:25 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:If you look at the top goalscorers for League 1 and 2 last season then Danny Rose is one of the few that is available. Apparently Evans wants a target man so he could also go for Tom Eaves, John Marquis, Jayden Stockley and Christian Doidge. I wouldn't mind having someone like Tom Eaves or even Chris Porter in Stags' squad as a Plan B but I cannot see us paying out another transfer fee this season.

Steve Evans clearly wants Danny Rose so I think Peterborough will come back with a bigger offer. JR is right to stick to his asking price.

* Figures in brackets are penalties

League 1
1. Jack Marriott - 27 (1)
2. Brett Pitman - 23 (4)
3. Bradley Dack -19 (0)
4. Will Grigg - 18 (1)
5. Tom Eaves -17 (2)
6. Erhun Öztumer -16 (0)
7. Eoin Doyle - 15 (0)
7. Nick Powell - 15 (2)
9. Graham Carey - 14 (5)
9. Danny Graham - 14 (0)
11. John Marquis - 14 (0)
11. Charlie Mulgrew - 14 (5)
11. Lyle Taylor - 14 (3)
11. Charlie Wyke - 14 (2)

League 2
1. Billy Kee - 25 (7)
2. Marc McNulty - 23 (4)
3. Mohamed Eisa -22 (0)
4. Danny Hylton - 21 (5)
5. Christian Doidge - 20 (1)
6. James Collins -19 (2)
6. Kristian Dennis -19 (4)
6. Jayden Stockley -19 (1)
9. Adebayo Akinfenwa -17 (0)
9. Tom Pope - 17 (4)
11. Jorge Grant -15 (0)
11. Kayden Jackson - 15 (0)
12. Kane Hemmings - 14 (2)
13. Danny Newton - 14 (0)
14. Danny Rose -14 (0)

Shame we never managed to get Marquis, Could really do with him right now considering the Rose situation.

Seriously hope we are in for someone, and I can still see Mansfield paying a fee especially if we sell Rose.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:39 am

Up until the Lincoln away game last season Rose was not ‘a name first on the team sheet’. After netting the winner he became a regular starting player. Whilst this was happening he behaved, in my opinion professionally and correctly, without voicing discontent.

I hope, though after having his ‘head turned’, that Danny behaves in the same manner and we see a better player later on this season.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:01 am

i would put him on the bench today, best way to sign the sorry book would be to bag the winner
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:23 am

yorkshire stag wrote:i would put him on the bench today, best way to sign the sorry book would be to bag the winner

For once, I concur with YS
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:31 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:i would put him on the bench today, best way to sign the sorry book would be to bag the winner

then hang on, might need a rethink :D
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:44 am

If Danny Rose managed to score a few goals in August then it would push his value up.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:49 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

then hang on, might need a rethink :D

:lol: I would put Danny Rose on the Imperial Leather to wash away the blues :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby kwambo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:50 am

Think danny could do with taking a leaf out of Liam moore’s book. Bid came in for Brighton but didn’t meet Reading valuation of player. So he requested to leave. Just found this on there twitter page

https://mobile.twitter.com/liammoore93/ ... 2820275200
kwambo
First Team
First Team

Postby 88BenM » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:04 am

kwambo wrote:Think danny could do with taking a leaf out of Liam moore’s book. Bid came in for Brighton but didn’t meet Reading valuation of player. So he requested to leave. Just found this on there twitter page

https://mobile.twitter.com/liammoore93/ ... 2820275200

That is a great post. Danny doesn't have to apologise for wanting to play at the highest level he can, it's just how it came about that really sticks in the throat a little. But Danny has got a season to get on with now for MTFC.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:09 pm

Danny will have reasons that we don’t even know or understand. Love how folk assume the worst. He wants to play higher up the pyramid. Agents also can have a huge influence. I hope he either leaves soon or fights for his place again. We need it sorting and if he stays I will still support him as always.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:23 pm

To me it is not that Danny, as everyone wants to test themselves at the highest level, looks set to leave the club it is the manner that it has been carried out.

Not playing, ‘injuries’, rumours from the Notts County Mad forum, his relationship with Dave Flitcroft, approaches being turned down, submitting a transfer request and Evans being involved have made this a messy and drawn out saga.

Whatever the outcome, should he stay or go, I hope that everyone involved will look back at this mess and hopefully learn for the future.

Personally I think he has the character and abilities to stay and put this behind him, netting 20 along the way.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:47 pm

The injury was real though, unless Rose and Flitcroft lied together.

What were the rumours from the notts county forum?
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:26 pm

Lots of people seem to be overlooking the fact that Danny doesn’t want to play for Mansfield Town any more.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:37 pm

I see his behaviour as a massive kick in the fanny to all of those who hero worship him.

Last season was embarrassing how the crowd lauded the guy whilst largely ignoring the rest of the team. He definitely became the poster boy for Stags fans that couldn't find harmonies to go with other players names.

As a player I like Danny, however it always puzzled me how he became elevated above the rest. He's well and truly stuffed that loyalty back in to the amber cakehole.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:40 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I see his behaviour as a massive kick in the fanny to all of those who hero worship him.

Last season was embarrassing how the crowd lauded the guy whilst largely ignoring the rest of the team. He definitely became the poster boy for Stags fans that couldn't find harmonies to go with other players names.

As a player I like Danny, however it always puzzled me how he became elevated above the rest. He's well and truly stuffed that loyalty back in to the amber cakehole.

He was a fan favorite, and after performances like against Notts County you can understand why.

I don't think 'the crowd lauded the guy whilst largely ignoring the rest of the team' though, weirdly enough I always had a feeling some Staggies had a real problem with Rose being the fan favorite.

Just to pre warn you, after ten games we will have a new fan favorite. Be nice to him.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:43 pm

Doesn't bother me at all having fans favourites. Bothers me when the only song sung is a Danny Rose one, just cos it's catchy.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:45 pm

I agree. He's gone from hero to zero.

It appears he's let the "walk away manager" turn his head.

The almost Green like worship he got seems misplaced now.

He's been the poster boy for The Stags, given a very good contract and been treated well by the fans.

But now he doesn't want to play for us.

Best to concentrate on those who do want to play for us.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:48 pm

Amber Andy wrote:I agree. He's gone from hero to zero.

It appears he's let the "walk away manager" turn his head.

The almost Green like worship he got seems misplaced now.

He's been the poster boy for The Stags, given a very good contract and been treated well by the fans.

But now he doesn't want to play for us.

Best to concentrate on those who do want to play for us.

:good_post:
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:50 pm

Let's hope a bid is accepted then, because if not the only reasonable thing to do is to put him back in to contention.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:56 pm

Conker wrote:Let's hope a bid is accepted then, because if not the only reasonable thing to do is to put him back in to contention.

I would say that depends on his attitude. If he doesn't get it right and show he is committed to MTFC, he shouldn't get anywhere near the first team squad. The club is bigger than any player and every player needs to realise that.

That said, if the attitude is right he should be re-integrated and given every chance to shine. The ball is in his court.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:19 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Conker wrote:Let's hope a bid is accepted then, because if not the only reasonable thing to do is to put him back in to contention.

I would say that depends on his attitude. If he doesn't get it right and show he is committed to MTFC, he shouldn't get anywhere near the first team squad. The club is bigger than any player and every player needs to realise that.

That said, if the attitude is right he should be re-integrated and given every chance to shine. The ball is in his court.

He's got to show commitment in training and around the club.

If he does then give him a go, but to begin with after Graham.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:21 pm

If I remember correctly, many of last seasons player interviews where they answered questions about their teammates alluded to Rose being a bit thick...he’s clearly not thought through what he’s done and just been manipulated by his agent/Fatty/fry, it was never the right decision to drop a transfer request as what has ended up happening was always a big risk.

Footballers aren’t generally blessed intellectually And I think Rose is a prime example
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:46 pm

DF is looking forward to meeting Rose and his representative on Monday to try and resolve the situation.

JR refused to sell, because his valuation of Rose was not met.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:50 pm

Amber Andy wrote:DF is looking forward to meeting Rose and his representative on Monday to try and resolve the situation.

JR refused to sell, because his valuation of Rose was not met.

& rightly so, lard arse was just trying his luck, JR will not get bit twice
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum