{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

bids for Rose and Angol

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: bids for Rose and Angol

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:57 pm

Leave the lad be.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:04 pm

I hope Danny gets his head down and starts to prove his starting place in the team, which he easily can if he puts his mind to it.

In the meantime, hopefully DF has had a word and said that going in January will only help his cause if he justifies his price tag and nets regularly
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:48 pm

ParisStag wrote:Can we close this thread then now?

Nopeeee
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:12 pm

Anyone asking him to take back his transfer request or apologise needs to give their head a shake . It's ludicrous and laughable .
He has done no wrong in my opinion . He was approached by a team in a higher league who are going to be contenders for promotion . He was probably offered more money maybe even a promise of first team football under a manager who got the best out of him .
His head was turned by Evans and his agent . The end of the day he's no different to Ray Clarke , Hitchcock , Williamson and Lawrence or Clucas and Matt Green . They all left to further their career .
All of the above and Rhys Bennett could of stopped at the club if they wanted to but they didn't want to .
Got all we know Rose could of turned other clubs down . We turned down bids for our players last season . How do we know the likes of Rose and McDonald wouldn't of left then , given the chance .
I'm quite positive that Rose wouldnt of left us for another league 2 team , maybe even some league one teams .
He was wanted by Peterborough, he wanted to join , we turned down their offer . End of .
He could of easily stropped and refused to play but he has been very professional and his performance against WBA was fantastic . He didn t look like a player who was unhappy or not committed to me . Far from it .
He asked for a transfer request because a team came in for him . If he asked for one but no one was interested and because he didn't want to play for is then that's different . He's never said he didn't want to play for us .
He was never transfer listed . How can he then take himself off the transfer list when he's not even on it ?
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:17 pm

If he applies himself, and gives his best, then that's all we can expect.

I still think he went about it the wrong way, but time to draw a line under it.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:59 am

Great. Another 4 months of watching him fall over and listening to morons sing his name.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:11 am

die hirsche wrote:Great. Another 4 months of watching him fall over and listening to morons sing his name.

Danny. Danny Rose
Danny. Danny Rose
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:42 am

die hirsche wrote:Great. Another 4 months of watching him fall over and listening to morons sing his name.

I think you are the moron

Danny , Danny Rose.
Danny, Danny Rose
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:01 am

Allegedly he prefers Daniel, hence all the morons and non morons should chirp:

Daniel Daniel Rose
Daniel Daniel Rose
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:19 am

tmwilson wrote:Anyone asking him to take back his transfer request or apologise needs to give their head a shake . It's ludicrous and laughable .
He has done no wrong in my opinion . He was approached by a team in a higher league who are going to be contenders for promotion . He was probably offered more money maybe even a promise of first team football under a manager who got the best out of him .
His head was turned by Evans and his agent . The end of the day he's no different to Ray Clarke , Hitchcock , Williamson and Lawrence or Clucas and Matt Green . They all left to further their career .
All of the above and Rhys Bennett could of stopped at the club if they wanted to but they didn't want to .
Got all we know Rose could of turned other clubs down . We turned down bids for our players last season . How do we know the likes of Rose and McDonald wouldn't of left then , given the chance .
I'm quite positive that Rose wouldnt of left us for another league 2 team , maybe even some league one teams .
He was wanted by Peterborough, he wanted to join , we turned down their offer . End of .
He could of easily stropped and refused to play but he has been very professional and his performance against WBA was fantastic . He didn t look like a player who was unhappy or not committed to me . Far from it .
He asked for a transfer request because a team came in for him . If he asked for one but no one was interested and because he didn't want to play for is then that's different . He's never said he didn't want to play for us .
He was never transfer listed . How can he then take himself off the transfer list when he's not even on it ?

Wrong. There’s ways and means. What he did isn’t wrong. The way he did it most certainly is. He dumped on the owners. Utter lack of reciprocal respect
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:51 am

imagine talking about your own players and fellow fans like this.

what a helmet you are
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:53 am

Ok, Rose isn't going anywhere for now.

He has to buckle down and start to score goals again or he will not be going anywhere in January either.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:58 am

Rose might go down to easily sometimes, but that is for the Manager to sort out! If we had 11 players that try as hard as him, we might have gone up last season. Oh, we have that now? He is incredible in the air.
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby tmwilson » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:29 am

PRL13 wrote:Rose might go down to easily sometimes, but that is for the Manager to sort out! If we had 11 players that try as hard as him, we might have gone up last season. Oh, we have that now? He is incredible in the air.

I'm afraid some of our fans will be piping up until January and if he's still with us after that they will continue until the end of the season .
Certain fans will never have their opinions changed . They take a dislike to either the player or the way he plays and then brings it up on ever occasion when that player has a off day . They keep stum when they do well . I can guarantee 100% that if Rose has a few off games it will be , we should of cashed in when we had the chance or Rose isn't fully committed, he wants to leave .
He does go to ground too easily at times but it's about time some of our lot gave him the credit he deserves . He gives 100% , he is brilliant in the air . He ended up with 17 goals , I believe which isn't bad .
If he was the complete striker then it wouldn't be the likes of Coventry and Peterborough after him .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:43 am

Yeah, imagine how much better off we'd have been last season without his 17 goals :roll:
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:49 am

tmwilson wrote:
I'm afraid some of our fans will be piping up until January and if he's still with us after that they will continue until the end of the season .
Certain fans will never have their opinions changed . They take a dislike to either the player or the way he plays and then brings it up on ever occasion when that player has a off day . They keep stum when they do well .

Come on TM, you should know the Mansfield way by now:

Being right 1st,
Supporting 2nd

;)
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:16 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:

imagine talking about your own players and fellow fans like this.

what a helmet you are

:lol: You never disappoint, blobby.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby die hirsche » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:18 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

Yeah, imagine how much better off we'd have been last season without his 17 goals :roll:

Interesting that you assume the hypothetical striker we would have had instead of drose would have scored no goals :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:18 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

That makes his cheating OK does it ?

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:44 am

bellwhiff wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

If his cheating is as bad as you and a few others make out then why didnt he get loads of yellow and red cards from the professional guy , dressed in black who isn't usually too far from the action ?
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:04 am

Haha.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:05 am

bellwhiff wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

that’s the spirit :roll:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:07 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

People have remarked before about his cheating. You excuse it if you like. I won’t. It’s got nothing to do with bad spirit.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:30 am

bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

People have remarked before about his cheating. You excuse it if you like. I won’t. It’s got nothing to do with bad spirit.

Some , me included say he goes down to easily . There have been a few occadions where if he could of stayed on his feet , he would of either got a shot off or set someone else up . Only a small few says he cheats . There is a big difference . He has also been denied blatant penalties and done well to score or get a shot off when under pressure
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:53 pm

die hirsche wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

Interesting that you assume the hypothetical striker we would have had instead of drose would have scored no goals :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

He definitely goes down too easy but once he pulls that yellow shirt on he should have our backing.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum