{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Think were buying into ,flitcroft

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Think were buying into ,flitcroft

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:58 pm

I don’t care about The Porky Belmer.

I don’t care about his team.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby CalderwoodsLeftFoot » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:32 pm

Flitcroft brought in Preston a quality centre back, but we need promotion and drawing against a team like Yeovil who will be in the bottom 5 won’t get us there! To be given a massive budget and not get promoted would be extremely worrying!
CalderwoodsLeftFoot
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:36 pm

CalderwoodsLeftFoot wrote:Flitcroft brought in Preston a quality centre back, but we need promotion and drawing against a team like Yeovil who will be in the bottom 5 won’t get us there! To be given a massive budget and not get promoted would be extremely worrying!

Go away troll.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:38 pm

CalderwoodsLeftFoot wrote:Flitcroft brought in Preston a quality centre back, but we need promotion and drawing against a team like Yeovil who will be in the bottom 5 won’t get us there! To be given a massive budget and not get promoted would be extremely worrying!

Last season Yeovil beat Accrington - guess who got promoted...
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:07 pm

I shake my head at some of the remarks on here.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:09 am

Be fair guys, it's his opinion which he's perfectly entitled to. Even if it is over-reactionary sloblock ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:11 am

Five posts. He’s a trolling sockpuppet

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:17 am

No matter what anybody says, in my opinion Flitcroft has got a team playing proper football.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:20 am

pemill wrote:No matter what anybody says, in my opinion Flitcroft has got a team playing proper football.

And long may it continue. It’s exciting to be going to watch us again, Much better than Coxball
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:31 am

Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:
m1cksut wrote:
abc wrote:
m1cksut wrote:on reflection, i think that when DF got here, he realised that we weren't good enough to go up automatically, and would be soundly thrashed in the play offs, so used the last 12 games as a sounding board, to see who could do what, and what he needed to do for the next season.

Are you for real ?

Yes. Are you not?

Over the season we had beaten all four teams in the play offs but you stick with your little fairytale if you so wish.
Micksut may have a point abc. I think the "walk away" manager realised something similar and that was why he went. We were rapidly running out of steam. A football season is a marathon not a sprint.

Look I don't like Evans or anything that he stands for and glad to see the back of him but please stop this nonsense about not being good enough and running out of steam. We had just climbed to 4th in the league with a game in hand, hardly running out of steam.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:33 am

Back to buying into DF I'm far too long in the tooth to get carried away but can anyone remember 2 better home games to start a season? The away result wasn't ideal but a point is a point. It is now massively clear he was never comfortable with our squad or team last season and while it could be argued he should be able to adapt better it is clear he is now building his team.

The new formation is still taking some adjusting to but some of the football has just been stunning for our level. Last night Accrington made changes from the league but so did we and make no mistake we absolutely destroyed last years league champions.

The parts I can't figure out are that Bury and Swindon fans despise him and see him as a hoofball merchant who massively over trains his players and causes injuries. For my part I see no trace of hoofball and MacDonald, CJ, Butcher and OSJ are light years ahead of last season in terms of fitness. CJ's work rate last night was astronomical. The bad parts may show when things are not going as well and that remains to be seen but it may just be he wasn't backed to get his men at previous clubs or players didn't buy into it as much I really don't know.

What I do know is this team are night and day compared to the one which finished last season and while it is hugely early to predict how the season will unfold it is a fantastic start and long may it continue.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:42 am

Look I don't like Evans or anything that he stands for and glad to see the back of him but please stop this nonsense about not being good enough and running out of steam. We had just climbed to 4th in the league with a game in hand, hardly running out of steam.

Form team in league, ridiculous the sort of stuff people make up to fit in to the anti Evans agenda.

He’s a bellraspberry who sold us out, no need to make stuff up about him and last season!!!
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:16 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Sneag wrote:We were top of the current form table when fatso left, so I'm not sure where the idea comes from that we were running out of steam.

Last seasons collapse was 50% disruption caused by Evans leaving and 50% Flitcroft dicking about with the teams style and training methods when he didn't need to.

However IF we go up this year, DFs part in that failure will be forgiven and forgotten whereas Evans will always be hated here.

I think the Coventry game was the clincher in his decision to walk away. Coupled with the difficult games Accrington, Lincoln and Notts that where looming.

But only he will know the real reason.

That fat piece of slime was slithering about looking for his move a long time before that (IMHO)

You are probably right Edders, but I think the Coventry game was "decision day".

Agreed re the Coventry game, and regarding his next move? I think he's probably planning that right now.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ST4GS » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:54 pm

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:Back to buying into DF I'm far too long in the tooth to get carried away but can anyone remember 2 better home games to start a season? The away result wasn't ideal but a point is a point. It is now massively clear he was never comfortable with our squad or team last season and while it could be argued he should be able to adapt better it is clear he is now building his team.

The new formation is still taking some adjusting to but some of the football has just been stunning for our level. Last night Accrington made changes from the league but so did we and make no mistake we absolutely destroyed last years league champions.

The parts I can't figure out are that Bury and Swindon fans despise him and see him as a hoofball merchant who massively over trains his players and causes injuries. For my part I see no trace of hoofball and MacDonald, CJ, Butcher and OSJ are light years ahead of last season in terms of fitness. CJ's work rate last night was astronomical. The bad parts may show when things are not going as well and that remains to be seen but it may just be he wasn't backed to get his men at previous clubs or players didn't buy into it as much I really don't know.

What I do know is this team are night and day compared to the one which finished last season and while it is hugely early to predict how the season will unfold it is a fantastic start and long may it continue.

Can you remember 1985? That could challenge this season's start.
Didn't we beat Hereford 4-0 and then followed that up by beating Middlesbrough 2-0 in the league cup 1st leg?
Now... What was that strikers name that bagged a debut hat-trick on the opening day?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:00 pm

Was my first ever game and I was 6 so a bit hazy the hat trick was what got me hooked though.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:14 pm

Keith Cassells, I think
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:26 pm

1985/86 was my first full season. Previous to that it was a handful of games each season.

As an impressionable kid that season felt like a strong attacking side that year. To a thirteen year old that Cassells hat-trick was wondrous and left a lasting imprint on my mind. Still love that side.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:32 pm

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:Back to buying into DF I'm far too long in the tooth to get carried away but can anyone remember 2 better home games to start a season? The away result wasn't ideal but a point is a point. It is now massively clear he was never comfortable with our squad or team last season and while it could be argued he should be able to adapt better it is clear he is now building his team.

Good summation of how a lot of fans see it.

I can only imagine the DF hoofball is either:
when things go wrong / last resort to steady the ship,
his way of wanting to leave by making the football ugly,
bitter and twisted fans,
him genuinely losing his way somehow

Ultimately a manager is always on a loser and eventually walk one day. Aside from a handful of managers who retire on a high they invariably lose the plot at some point, and the day will no doubt come when we pat DF on the back and thank him for his service. Right now none of his alleged misdemeanours seem to have come home to roost though
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:40 pm

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:Was my first ever game and I was 6 so a bit hazy the hat trick was what got me hooked though.

I was 9. One of my first Stags memories too!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:57 pm

I don't think DF has ever been a long ball merchant. Both Bury and Swindon tried to play it on the floor and he's always liked playing three at the back.

I liked his interview last night as he admitted he has made mistakes. Good managers are the ones who can learn from their mistakes. Saturday will be a tough test against Colchester who generally do well against the Stags and who gave Port Vale a good beating.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:18 pm

If we can replicate last nights performance on Saturday, we should blow Colchester away.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:40 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:If we can replicate last nights performance on Saturday, we should blow Colchester away.

I think that's a incredibly simplistic way to look at it (Although I hope you are right)

Accrington Stanley made six changes and never have much strength in depth, Colchester are a big physical team with some quality additions over the summer, it's going to be a completely different and difficult game.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:23 pm

I think DF's main issues at the moment might be having sufficient cover at centre half and centre forward. This could cost us in the long run.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:28 pm

Conker wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:If we can replicate last nights performance on Saturday, we should blow Colchester away.

I think that's a incredibly simplistic way to look at it (Although I hope you are right)

Accrington Stanley made six changes and never have much strength in depth, Colchester are a big physical team with some quality additions over the summer, it's going to be a completely different and difficult game.

Simple and optimistic - That’s me!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:30 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I think DF's main issues at the moment might be having sufficient cover at centre half and centre forward. This could cost us in the long run.

My main concern too - Not helped by the 3 CBs either.

Mirfin not back till Christmas I think, unsure on Diamond?
Conker
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum