{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Flitcroft ahead of Wednesday game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Flitcroft ahead of Wednesday game

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:21 pm

Confirms that he needs players out before he can bring a defender in permanently.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Re: Flitcroft ahead of Wednesday game

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:31 pm

Hope the business can be done sooner rather than later so White can move back in to the wing back role. The wing backs are probably the most important part of this system and he is by far the most natural right wing back we have - would be a frustration in my opinion to not have him in that position for the opening game because we have a lack of CB’s.

Confident we can get it done but it’s moving players on that could be the tricky part.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:38 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Hope the business can be done sooner rather than later so White can move back in to the wing back role. The wing backs are probably the most important part of this system and he is by far the most natural right wing back we have - would be a frustration in my opinion to not have him in that position for the opening game because we have a lack of CB’s.

Confident we can get it done but it’s moving players on that could be the tricky part.

Depends who the new defender option may be obviously but I really like White in the centre back role.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:41 pm

Sounds like we have to get rid of one of our transfer listed players before we get the sort of center back we want. If none goes then it will probably be a loan.

So one of

Diamond (Injured) Butcher, Anderson(who is doing nothing at the moment), Digby, to leave? Surely if we need to get them off the wage book then we let them go for free? I know previously in the summer DF spoke about getting a ''value'' for the players on the list, The only one he saw no value in was hunt and he is the only one let go so far.

As said above it would be annoying White having to play center half when he is clearly suited to play wing back.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:55 pm

"I'm not going to panic because we've got until 4 August to get a permanent one"

It's actually August 9. I'm sure he knows that really.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby 88BenM » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:57 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:"I'm not going to panic because we've got until 4 August to get a permanent one"

It's actually August 9. I'm sure he knows that really.

But the 1st game is August 4 and I'm sure he's wanting all his players in place by then. Hi my August 9 we are 2 games deep!
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:14 pm

You can also sign players on loan up to 31st August 2018 including players where there is an option to agree a permanent transfer when the next transfer window opens.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:04 pm

We’ve already got Digby and when he’s played CB he’s done really well.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:09 pm

lifestags wrote:Sounds like we have to get rid of one of our transfer listed players before we get the sort of center back we want. If none goes then it will probably be a loan.

So one of

Diamond (Injured) Butcher, Anderson(who is doing nothing at the moment), Digby, to leave? Surely if we need to get them off the wage book then we let them go for free? I know previously in the summer DF spoke about getting a ''value'' for the players on the list, The only one he saw no value in was hunt and he is the only one let go so far.

As said above it would be annoying White having to play center half when he is clearly suited to play wing back.

That's how I see it.

One needs to leave before we get one in.

It's possible that it may be not one of the transferred listed players. Although I think it's more likely to be Digby. Did someone mention on here Forest Green were interested in him?

Failing that it looks likely it will be a loan.

At least with a loan signing they can see how things are going before making the loan signing.

But that is not ideal.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:20 pm

lifestags wrote:Sounds like we have to get rid of one of our transfer listed players before we get the sort of center back we want. If none goes then it will probably be a loan.

So one of

They will be leaving for free if someone wants them. If nobody does and you want to release them you have to pay their contract up. Probably talking 400k plus for all four.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:11 pm

wink68 wrote:

So one of

They will be leaving for free if someone wants them. If nobody does and you want to release them you have to pay their contract up. Probably talking 400k plus for all four.

Letting them go on a free would make sense to us to free up wages but I'm sure I read soon after hunt went that he saw a "value" in the other transfer listed lads, indicating that we wanted a fee back for them.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:13 pm

without being horrible I wish we could release either diamond or mirfin, both good players but way too injury prone and both missed large parts of last season. they'll not be on peanuts either!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:43 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:without being horrible I wish we could release either diamond or mirfin, both good players but way too injury prone and both missed large parts of last season. they'll not be on peanuts either!

If I were medically unfit to do my job, my employer would 'release' me. They'd be awfully nice about it and I'd get compensated, but I'd still be let go.

Same with these pair. They'll probably never play for us again and it looking iffy that either will be capable of league football in the future. So why prolong the agony.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:40 pm

If we are going to pay them up for the season when they can return during that time it would be a waste of money imo. They would still be around the club anyway because ewe would have to support them still under our duty of care.

Completely pointless paying up their contract, bit Mirfin and Diamond are good players. If we pay them up we could end up getting them fit for another team.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:14 pm

Sneag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:without being horrible I wish we could release either diamond or mirfin, both good players but way too injury prone and both missed large parts of last season. they'll not be on peanuts either!

If I were medically unfit to do my job, my employer would 'release' me. They'd be awfully nice about it and I'd get compensated, but I'd still be let go.

Same with these pair. They'll probably never play for us again and it looking iffy that either will be capable of league football in the future. So why prolong the agony.

Its called duty of care you have to offer them some alternative employment ,if not then all kinds of laws come into play ie the disability act ,discrimination act ,trust me ive had it
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:35 pm

If white was moved to RWB, what does the future hold for CJ. Does he become a bench boy / impact player?
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:10 pm

Jamie wrote:If white was moved to RWB, what does the future hold for CJ. Does he become a bench boy / impact player?

White is playing right sided centre back.

CJ played RWB tonight and did very well.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:20 pm

White did play excellent in that role tonight and Hamilton was well disciplined too. Doing it in the league is when it counts and where they’ll ultimately be judged but the signs are promising.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum