{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Derby County game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Derby County game

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:49 am

:D DF first home win ,well done and good result

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:08 am

if you want a laugh, drop onto Clownty message board, dribbling on how they played against a better Rams team etc etc ha ha
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:26 am

You managed to get on their awful messageboard :shock: , well done bud.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:44 am

yorkshire stag wrote:if you want a laugh, drop onto Clownty message board, dribbling on how they played against a better Rams team etc etc ha ha

They're having a laugh.

Against us they started with Carson, Davies, Wisdom, Huddlestone, Ledley, Lawrence all first choice players. Only Forsyth, Ledley and Lawrence started against Count who could be considered first choice.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:12 am

I really enjoyed the game tonight and a good attendance too. Some very impressive performances and it was hard to find anybody who under performed although Walker looked a little off the mark but I'm sure he will come good just like Kane Hemmings did after more game time.

I've never looked too much into pre season friendlies as sometimes I've had my expectations " Shot down " However, I do have to say some of our play last night was exceptional ! Like others I was massively impressed by our youngsters who have made it into the first team squad. Jordan Graham did not look out of place and the Rams defence found him a handful. He is certainly one for NOW and the future (Keep your hands off Evans !! You weren't prepared to give our youth a chance !!)

On the whole I'm excited about the new season ahead . The general feeling of supporters after the game was how impressed they were about our youngsters , the impressive new signings, the energy of the team, and players we may not of been bothered to see leave now showing a desire and commitment for the team. Early days yet I know and the next friendlies could be different.

I did feel sorry for Cameron and I hope his injury is not too serious. I think like others that we ought to keep Digby. He is an all round good squad player who is adaptable to numerous positions.

Let's get behind our team , management, and owners in what looks like Exciting times ahead . COYS
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:21 am

My only worry on Digby is, he appears to be the perfect pre-season player. Calm and composed when there's nothing to play for but as soon as the competitive football kicked off he was a bit like a rabbit in the headlights. Hopefully the experience has done him good and will benefit us, rather than another team.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:24 am

Digby wasn't given a fair crack last season IMO & as others have said, he should come off the transfer list.

Some of the listed players may be on big salaries, but if they are moved out can we get better players for less money as we get deeper into the window.

It may be more economical to get them fit and motivated than to get rid at knockdown prices. Butcher last night was unrecognisable from the player Evans signed.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Starstag » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:12 am

bigalstag wrote:Same joke to buy a ticket on the night. 2 to 3 hundred still queueing out the gates after kick off, with only 3 booths open. Sharing one card reader between 2 booths. Some things never change, shoddy and amateur.
And before anybody says buy one in advance, the queue to pick up tickets was longer than the queues to buy on the night.
We might improve the team but the ground organisation is stuck in a 50 year old time warp

Complete shambles again regarding tickets sales. I appreciate that I could have bought the tickets during the week but it was a spare of the moment desion. 3 booths and ticket office open. They could have opened another 2 booths to speed the process up. Des walker was queing in front of me for 20 mins until staff picked him out and got him in. Something needs to change!

Ps, brilliant game!
Lets see a little mansfield magic.
Starstag
First Team
First Team

Postby 1970Stag » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:15 am

Graham is under contract for this season? If he keeps playing like this, we might need to get him on a longer one?
And what was the attendance?
I never get too excited by pre season friendlies, but always good to see the players doing well and staking a claim.
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby milne6 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:19 am

I thought 1st half the defence was a bit messy, Pearce and Preston kept losing there position and drifting and looked like derby county was just playing with us..
Midfield sat very deep but that was expected playing a fairly strong championship team

2nd half I thought we was much better, chased more balls down, got stuck in.. midfield had better shape.. I was shocked how well the make shift defence of Atkinson, Digby, Gibbens and CJ held up two half.. has most of derbys best chances came earlier on in the game

Still (like others) not convince at Atkinson.. hes doesn't pass forward and always play safe option and goes back to defence.. a wing back should be quick and attacking..

Davies looked a handful! very excited to watch him against some L2 defenders and finally Kahn, looked promising again, start slow but got into the game well and have a few moments of nice foot work!
This is a Signature
milne6
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:27 am

1970Stag wrote:Graham is under contract for this season? If he keeps playing like this, we might need to get him on a longer one?
And what was the attendance?
I never get too excited by pre season friendlies, but always good to see the players doing well and staking a claim.

4058 (1394 from Derby)
see http://stagsnet.net/match/reports/viewr ... atchid=931
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Marky Mark » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:22 am

Is Graham the young player picked up from somewhere like Hednesford? Or am I mistaking him for someone else?
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:26 am

Marky Mark wrote:Is Graham the young player picked up from somewhere like Hednesford? Or am I mistaking him for someone else?

he went out on loan to Hednesford from Mansfield last season for about 4 months
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby yellowstagsfan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:27 am

From a distance Davis looks like Hemmings double
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby AmberSamba » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:41 am

yellowstagsfan wrote:From a distance Davis looks like Hemmings double

If Craig Davies looks like Kane Hemmings' double then he's further away than you think ;)
AmberSamba
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:09 am

Last edited by Sedgwick on Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:30 am

AmberSamba wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:From a distance Davis looks like Hemmings double

If Craig Davies looks like Kane Hemmings' double then he's further away than you think ;)

I thought Davies was a more muscular, more mobile version of Matt Rhead.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:39 pm

A mobile Matt Rhead or a well built Kane Hemmings take your pick
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:52 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:50 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:57 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Any highlights???

now up on dcfc https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/07/man ... highlights

I know we were up against a top championship side and their movement is better than anything we’ll come up against in League 2 but I still think there’s plenty of work to be done on the defensive side of this formation. Derby found space in dangerous areas quite a lot and could have had a few particularly in the first half. That said it looks as though we played some pretty good stuff on the counter attack which is good to see - last year I always thought we were slow on the break so hopefully this isn’t the case next year!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:13 pm

Sneag wrote:Digby wasn't given a fair crack last season IMO & as others have said, he should come off the transfer list.

Some of the listed players may be on big salaries, but if they are moved out can we get better players for less money as we get deeper into the window.

It may be more economical to get them fit and motivated than to get rid at knockdown prices. Butcher last night was unrecognisable from the player Evans signed.

That would be sensible. They will have the advantage of going through a full pre season with us.

Any new signings now won't have done.

I suppose it's still possible clubs could come in to sign the likes of Butcher, Digby or Anderson.

Does anyone know what has happened to Spencer?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:46 pm

There was plenty of reasons last night for us to feel encouraged.

Particularly pleased with Bishop and who IS this new confident wingback chappie? Somebody Hamilton, I think.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:00 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Sneag wrote:Digby wasn't given a fair crack last season IMO & as others have said, he should come off the transfer list.

That would be sensible. They will have the advantage of going through a full pre season with us.

I suppose it's still possible clubs could come in to sign the likes of Butcher, Digby or Anderson.

Correctly shown the door at the end of the season as he was garbage
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:07 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Correctly shown the door at the end of the season as he was garbage

:lol: Last seen sat in a wheel barrow speeding down the M1 with Norman driving :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum