{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bradford PA v The mighty Stags

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bradford PA v The mighty Stags

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:41 pm

FT BPA 0-3 Mansfield. Very good 2nd half from Mansfield. Mellis outstanding and with 1 goal. Angol lively with 2 goals. Full report tonight
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby london amber stag » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:04 pm

Really enjoyed the second half, the first half was hard work though. Impressed by Khan and Davies, Jordan Graham has got to feature this year, an excellent prospect.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:19 pm

Just got back. 3 miles from the ground.
Good work out for both teams. Park Avenue played well first half but the changes at half time and 60 minutes obviously weakened them.
I think our first half team could be Flitcroft’s preferred starting 11 if Cameron signs although good second half performances by Mellis, Angol, Sterling-James, CJ could see them get into the side and Butcher and Atkinson had decent games. Otis Khan was the standout from the first half with good performances from Matt Preston and Mal Bennington. None of the young players looked out of place. I was particularly impressed with Jordan Graham.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby halifaxstag » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:21 pm

Oh, and Danny Rose has some hard work to do to get into the side once he is fully fit.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Dan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:50 pm

halifaxstag wrote:Just got back. 3 miles from the ground.
Good work out for both teams. Park Avenue played well first half but the changes at half time and 60 minutes obviously weakened them.
I think our first half team could be Flitcroft’s preferred starting 11 if Cameron signs although good second half performances by Mellis, Angol, Sterling-James, CJ could see them get into the side and Butcher and Atkinson had decent games. Otis Khan was the standout from the first half with good performances from Matt Preston and Mal Bennington. None of the young players looked out of place. I was particularly impressed with Jordan Graham.

When did we sign him? ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:13 pm

Dan wrote:

When did we sign him? ;)

Oops, predictive text strikes again :lol:
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:19 pm

Just got back.

As Marty sez proper rusty perfomance by the 1st half team.

The 2nd half team were quicker all round. Angol looked really sharp. Wilder, Gibbons, Graham and Blake didn't look out of place and will be excellent back up boys.

Bishop, not impressed at all on that first showing.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:23 pm

halifaxstag wrote:
Dan wrote:

When did we sign him? ;)

Oops, predictive text strikes again :lol:

Tut, tut. It's Sir Malvind Benning now since that goal at t'sheep dip.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:26 pm

If the first half team was our first choice eleven we need to think again. Certainly a game of two periods. But at least I won the half time raffle lol
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:32 pm

Kernow wrote:If the first half team was our first choice eleven we need to think again. Certainly a game of two periods. But at least I won the half time raffle lol

waited all second half for my gin n tonic
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:43 pm

Kernow wrote:If the first half team was our first choice eleven we need to think again. Certainly a game of two periods. But at least I won the half time raffle lol

Three stand out players tonight for me. First half Otis Khan looked a handful and the only one who looked like he might score or create something decent. Second half Jacob Mellis scoring and spreading the ball about the park and running at people very good overall performance. Lee Angol took both his goals well finished with good power looked muck sharper than the front two in first half. Other players who also looked like possible starters CJ Hamilton and Butcher good to see him back and playing decent passing well and close to scoring.
:coys:
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:45 pm

Did they make many changes? I was just wondering whether fitness told in the end with them getting tired the more the game wore on while we had another team & fitness on our side.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:50 pm

Yes they made a few changes Dan, 3 definite, anywhere up to 5/6 at half time.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:53 pm

Bradford made 5 changes at Ht, then one early in the second half, and 4 more on 65 minutes. So 10 by 65 minutes. Their media man was tearing his hair out, with so many trialists, and players wearing the wrong shirts.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:55 pm

To be fair their second half keeper, who looked about 14, made 3 or 4 cracking saves to keep the score down.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:57 pm

That’s good then. Shows that we coped better in the 2nd half. Perhaps their changes upset their rhythm a bit. Good result for us & more importantly a good 45 minutes for most players.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:58 pm

Dan wrote:Did they make many changes? I was just wondering whether fitness told in the end with them getting tired the more the game wore on while we had another team & fitness on our side.

They made a lot of changes throughout the game and had about five trialists on in first half. They did as well as the stags first half and played decent football on the ground for a sixth level team. Fitness was not an issue the second half we could have five or six goals as there goalkeeper made good saves and the defenders headed two off the line as well. Thought the front two strikers looked no better than rose and hemmings last year. Bishop was slow lost possession and left us wide open a better side would have scored. Pearce picked up a booking and took one for the team or they may well have got in on goal. Macca white benning preston all looked fit and did ok.
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:00 pm

DogsDoDahs wrote:
Dan wrote:Did they make many changes? I was just wondering whether fitness told in the end with them getting tired the more the game wore on while we had another team & fitness on our side.

They made a lot of changes throughout the game and had about five trialists on in first half. They did as well as the stags first half and played decent football on the ground for a sixth level team. Fitness was not an issue the second half we could have five or six goals as there goalkeeper made good saves and the defenders headed two off the line as well. Thought the front two strikers looked no better than rose and hemmings last year. Bishop was slow lost possession and left us wide open a better side would have scored. Pearce picked up a booking and took one for the team or they may well have got in on goal. Macca white benning preston all looked fit and did ok.

Good stuff cheers mate :coys:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby kyle b » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:12 pm

Notice a few slating bishop. You don’t play 35 games for a team chasing play offs in league above by being crap.
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:12 pm

Bishop early candidate for Boo boy

After 1 game.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:24 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Bishop early candidate for Boo boy

After 1 game.

Sorry I dont want to pick any player out at all for criticism. I was actually at the game and he was not impressive at all. Dont actually think he was a managers signing really more like its my team i own it and i want him here. Could work out and I hope it does for the sake of the stags 18/19 season but not on that showing tonight against a sixth level team captain. :coys:
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:55 am

:)

Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:02 am

DogsDoDahs wrote:

After 1 game.

Sorry I dont want to pick any player out at all for criticism. I was actually at the game and he was not impressive at all. Dont actually think he was a managers signing really more like its my team i own it and i want him here. Could work out and I hope it does for the sake of the stags 18/19 season but not on that showing tonight against a sixth level team captain. :coys:

only a friendly first one back in the uk however Bishop was a passenger
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:24 am

DogsDoDahs wrote:

After 1 game.

So Bishop was a JR signing ! Conspiracy theory shocker.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:47 am

I can't believe what I'm reading . A player getting slated after 45 minutes play in a meaningless friendly . Must be a all time low . I suppose the lad should of run his spuds off , gone in for hard tackles knowing that it was just a run out for the squad .
I will judge players after a few games in to the season . Not after 45 minutes . Then again we could critise the 3 main signings for not scoring .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum