{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

EVENT | Trio set for One Call Stadium return

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

EVENT | Trio set for One Call Stadium return

Postby craigpriest14 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:58 am

Hi all, first of all I hope the mods don't mind me sharing this!

I just wanted to say a HUGE thank-you for all the comments about our 'A Trip Down Memory Lane' mini-series! A few teething problems (Aka a player letting us down and the world cup) got in the way of further episodes, but we've been working very hard on this....

Trio set for One Call Stadium return

Three Mansfield Town Football club legends are ready to come home to the One Call stadium for a fundraising evening, recalling their memories for the Alzheimer’s Society.

Richie Barker, Adam Murray and Paul Cox make up the hat-trick of legends joining the supporters led ‘Legends LIVE’ event, which will act as a fundraiser for the charity.

Taking place on Friday 27th July at The Sandy Pate Sports Bar, the trio will chat to Mansfield Matters’ Craig Priest, recalling the drama, the heartache and the glory from their spell(s) at the Stags.

Supporters of all ages are welcome to come along to the family friendly evening which starts at 8pm, to hear first-hand for the first time about each of the panel’s experiences – including Richie Barkers controversial exit from the club, Adam Murray’s varied journey from young loanee to manager, and how Paul Cox steered the Stags back into the football league.

It will be FREE ENTRY on the night, with funds being raised by way of a prize raffle and quiz – Event host Craig Priest said “Alzheimer’s is a truly awful thing to live with. As football fans we’ve had so many memories created through following the Stags, I couldn’t imagine waking up one day and having no recollection of all of the adventures – but that’s dementia, it can happen to anyone at any time.

“Kevin Bird was a hero for generations of Stags fans and is living with Dementia, potentially caused by heading the old style football which, when you strip it back means, when he was creating so many memories for us fans, was putting his future health at risk without knowing it.

“The whole idea of this evening is to create some more great memories for supporters and Richie [Barker], Paul [Cox] and Adam [Murray] will have lots of stories to share – I thank them for their involvement and really encourage everyone to come along, pack the bar out and get involved for a great cause”

The evening will include a general knowledge prize quiz and mega prize raffle with prizes including a signed shirt, as well as the stories from Barker, Murray and Cox, plus on stage entertainment and a disco.

“The club have been fantastic in helping us to host this event, we’ve had one of the best summers I can remember as a country, it would be really nice to round it off with this event as David Flitcroft looks to deliver some more memories to today’s generation by way of promotion to league one.” Craig added.

There are 14000 people across Nottinghamshire with dementia, including about 1300 in Mansfield alone, Dementia is set to be the 21st century’s biggest killer, with someone developing it every three minutes.

Mansfield Matters Legends Live takes place on Friday 27th July at the Sandy Pate Sports Bar at the One Call Stadium. Starting at 8pm the event is open to all and is FREE entry.

Catch Up on Memory Lane (Audio) here

Thanks everyone, hope to see you there!
craigpriest14
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: EVENT | Trio set for One Call Stadium return

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:47 am

Good luck for the event Craig, I'm sure it will be great. I'm just sorry I can't be there.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Bradders » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:01 am

Would have loved to attend this one - pity I can't. Hope there will be a recording available.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:02 am

Good cause. Best of luck
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:35 am

Good luck, i'll be there to support
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Chander Lear wrote:Good luck, i'll be there to support

Craig has my support.......

......be careful what you lend him!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:02 pm

In the SPB now and have seen the posters for this event. I have one question which hopefully the good people (includes Belly, Edwinstowe Stag etc.) of Stagsnet could answer for me.

Why is there a picture of Faustino Asprilla on the poster alongside Barker, Cox and Murray? Can’t remember him ever turning out for the Stags let alone being a legend.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:01 am

I am Spartacus wrote:In the SPB now and have seen the posters for this event. I have one question which hopefully the good people (includes Belly, Edwinstowe Stag etc.) of Stagsnet could answer for me.

Why is there a picture of Faustino Asprilla on the poster alongside Barker, Cox and Murray? Can’t remember him ever turning out for the Stags let alone being a legend.

It's a photo of Barker against Newcastle in the FA Cup. It's not Asprilla though. I think it's Boumsong.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:55 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:In the SPB now and have seen the posters for this event. I have one question which hopefully the good people (includes Belly, Edwinstowe Stag etc.) of Stagsnet could answer for me.

It's a photo of Barker against Newcastle in the FA Cup. It's not Asprilla though. I think it's Boumsong.

Thanks - though through beer / England goggles last night identification proved problematic
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:52 am

They embarrassed the Newcastle defence that day.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:26 pm

Is it ticketed or a turn up on the day? I don’t get back often so I haven’t seen the mentioned posters.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:32 pm

Jimstag wrote:Is it ticketed or a turn up on the day? I don’t get back often so I haven’t seen the mentioned posters.

Free entry, just turn up, though you are encouraged to donate to Alzheimer's Society
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Jimstag » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:16 pm

Thanks Martin, it read that way but I wanted to make sure. I’ll be putting the effort in to come up from down south so I didn’t want to miss out on ticketing. A good cause as well.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BigGuy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:00 pm

bellwhiff wrote:They embarrassed the Newcastle defence that day.

Oh aye the goals were raining in from all angles
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby craigpriest14 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:32 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

It's also because I'm awful at Photoshop! :lol: :lol:

Thanks for all your support everyone, I look forward to seeing those who are coming on the night and for those who can't make it - we will be filming it so at some point, there will be a video
craigpriest14
Youth Team
Youth Team

UPDATE | EVENT | Trio set for One Call Stadium return

Postby craigpriest14 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:37 am

Hi All

Thanks for the support so far, really looking forward to this! I just thought I'd provide a little update for what's happening on the night...

We'll be starting at 8pm although we are expecting it to be busy so if you want a seat, it's best to get there a little early! To confirm, there will be NO CHARGE to get in, however there will be donations tins on the bar and around the room so if you want to donate, please feel free - the money raised will be donated to the Alzheimer's Society!

We'll also be raising money through a prize raffle (signed Stags shirts, booze etc) and general knowledge quiz (don't worry, I'm not putting the quiz together for those who have watched the regular podcast!!) There will be plenty of opportunities for you to meet with Richie, Paul and Adam throughout the night and get signatures, pictures etc.

Another way we are raising money is through our mug raffle, where we have a signed Stags shirt (the England St George Cross away one from a few seasons back) up for grabs - signed by Derby County boss Frank Lampard. The only way to win is buy purchasing a Mansfield Matters mug for £5 (ORDER HERE >> http://www.mtfcmatters.co.uk/mm-blog/le ... tags-shirt <<) Each mug has a unique number, one of which will be drawn by one of our guests on the night and will win the Lampard shirt, there are other prizes too!

If anyone has any other questions about the night, please ask and I'll do my best to answer them for you! Please keep spreading the word and I look forwards to seeing you there!

:coys:
craigpriest14
Youth Team
Youth Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum