{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Feel good factor!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Feel good factor!

Postby Sammythestag » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:25 am

Those signings yesterday should put a smile back on a lot of staggies faces after a few weeks of quiet!

What other positions do we look to improve on now?

I feel we are getting there in terms of wingers and forwards and still have a number of midfielders on the books but we still look light on numbers across the back line...
Sammythestag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Feel good factor!

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:16 pm

I genuinely feel that we are one defender away from having our best squad for fifteen years.

It has all the elements required: tons of experience, leaders throughout the field, pace to burn, young and hungry players with potential, strength in depth and hopefully goals across the park.

The addition of these five players to what we already have in the building has upped my enthusiasm no end. This team looks far more balanced and stacked with possibilities than last summer's team.

With yesterday's signings Flip-flop looks to have added goalscoring options that Evans failed to do. I'd expect 35-40 goals minimum between the three of them.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:24 pm

I'm scared about groundhog Day, promising signings coming in talking about how it's such a good place to be etc etc the three signed are good names on paper, but I'm waiting for the season to start before getting ahead of myself . I feel like we need to learn from last time and to not expect to smash every team playing beautiful attacking football while not conceding barely a goal.

On paper we have a cracking team almost, but on paper and on pitch is completely different as we all know.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:47 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:I'm scared about groundhog Day, promising signings coming in talking about how it's such a good place to be etc etc the three signed are good names on paper, but I'm waiting for the season to start before getting ahead of myself . I feel like we need to learn from last time and to not expect to smash every team playing beautiful attacking football while not conceding barely a goal.

On paper we have a cracking team almost, but on paper and on pitch is completely different as we all know.
I think that's wise.

I'll feel more comfortable when two or three of the transferred players have left, and we've signed another centre half and possibly a right back.

But all the signings so far have raised my hopes for a good season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:51 pm

I'm feeling great, but then again I am laid on a sunbed in Kefalonia.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:56 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:I'm scared about groundhog Day, promising signings coming in talking about how it's such a good place to be etc etc the three signed are good names on paper, but I'm waiting for the season to start before getting ahead of myself . I feel like we need to learn from last time and to not expect to smash every team playing beautiful attacking football while not conceding barely a goal.

I think that's wise.

I'll feel more comfortable when two or three of the transferred players have left, and we've signed another centre half and possibly a right back.

Why another right back ? We have Teddy Bloor who had a great season on loan at Frickley last year.

Give youth a chance.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:13 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

I think that's wise.

don't get me wrong, I think we'll do well but personally I don't want to get my hopes too high. Clean slate next year, I hope fans don't turn on DF after 2 games if we draw both or worse... I agree about the defence I think we need another CB
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:42 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I genuinely feel that we are one defender away from having our best squad for fifteen years.

It has all the elements required: tons of experience, leaders throughout the field, pace to burn, young and hungry players with potential, strength in depth and hopefully goals across the park.

The addition of these five players to what we already have in the building has upped my enthusiasm no end. This team looks far more balanced and stacked with possibilities than last summer's team.

With yesterday's signings Flip-flop looks to have added goalscoring options that Evans failed to do. I'd expect 35-40 goals minimum between the three of them.

Drop the Flip Flop now then Doomy.
It's childish and below you.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:11 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I think that's wise.

Why another right back ? We have Teddy Bloor who had a great season on loan at Frickley last year.

Give youth a chance.

Isn't Teddy Bloor a top name? It's one of those names that lends itself to legends of a bygone age. 'Remember when Teddy Bloor scored the winner against Wolves in 1962' or That time Teddy Bloors played on with a broken neck because they didn't allow subs back then'
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:16 pm

Sneag wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I think that's wise.

Give youth a chance.

Isn't Teddy Bloor a top name? It's one of those names that lends itself to legends of a bygone age. 'Remember when Teddy Bloor scored the winner against Wolves in 1962' or That time Teddy Bloors played on with a broken neck because they didn't allow subs back then'

a great name, so great the more you say it , the less it sounds like a real word :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:55 pm

Sneag wrote:I'm feeling great, but then again I am laid on a sunbed in Kefalonia.

I'm laid on a sunbed down Ravo overlooking the beautiful River Maun, it's probably hotter than Kefalonia... phew (gets nubile young maiden to adjust the parasol)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:50 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I think that's wise.

Give youth a chance.
Absolutely. I'm all for giving youth a chance.

Although White is great going forward I'm not always convinced about his defending.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:07 pm

Only time will tell with how the new players perform . Losing Bennett has been the only negative for me . It could be the only area on the pitch where we could be worse off . I suppose it depends on who else he brings in . Preston comes with a good reputation . Hopefully Mirfin will make a full recovery as he is hell of a player . We need cover at RB .

I would of liked us to have got Hemmings but if Walker lives up to his reputation then we should be better up front .
. Besides Bennett , im chuffed we have managed to hold on the our best players. I'm feeling quite optimistic . I'd we can get some players out the door then maybe Flitcroft may have a surprise signing up his sleeve
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:13 pm

We need another centre back, central midfielder and a versatile defender who can slit in across the back.
Plus, move some of the transfer listed players on, namely, Butcher, Diamond and Atkinson.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:20 pm

Sneag wrote:I'm feeling great, but then again I am laid on a sunbed in Kefalonia.

Which resort and hotel old boy?
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:47 am

Gonna be the same temperature in Woodus today. Just saying like.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:55 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Which resort and hotel old boy?

Sami, Sami Beach Hotel. Very nice family run the hotel.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:58 pm

ParisStag wrote:

Gonna be the same temperature in Woodus today. Just saying like.

Maybe yesterday, but today is scorchio. That's why I'm sat in the bar on Stagsnet, me head's burning. :lol:
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby steve-hymas » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:18 pm

Don’t forget we have henri wilder -full back and Lewis gibbons centre half .they have been promoted to the first team and have travelled to Portugal both decent defenders and will only get better :mtfc:
steve-hymas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:31 am

steve-hymas wrote:Don’t forget we have henri wilder -full back and Lewis gibbons centre half .they have been promoted to the first team and have travelled to Portugal both decent defenders and will only get better :mtfc:
It would be great if two or three of these lads became established in the first team squad this season.

Looking forward to seeing them play, possibly in the pre season games.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum