{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

What are we expacting then...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: What are we expacting then...

Postby Rob » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:16 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
adamstag wrote:Evans did have a decently slow start, but he had credit at the time as he ended the previous season strongly.

Flitcroft did absolutely nothing in his games with us, he took us from nearly the top 3 to outside the playoffs producing dreadful football which was relegation form and not winning in 6 home games despite everyone bar Accrington being easily beatable.

He has no excuses, he has no honeymoon he has no credit. Yes arguing for him out in August would be clearly ridiculous, if we’re nowhere near the playoffs come 10 games/end of October id be expecting him to be rightfully under immense pressure.

Of course not everyone will agree and they’ll be plenty of happy clappers.

I’ve absolutely no faith in him at all, but I will start the season with a clean slate and will give him some time, but he can’t afford a slow start.

Your right mate I don't agree. You've no faith in him, says it all. My guess is you will be on his back well before the end of August.

Indeed he will, definitely before the 10 game point too. I'd give him the season, take stock at Christmas as you would with any manager. I like his work pre-season, I like his restraint, I like the fact he has said he will use the youth team and I like the fact he has only said something when something needs saying, not like his predecessor, who was a dick.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:17 pm

adamstag wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
adamstag wrote:Evans did have a decently slow start, but he had credit at the time as he ended the previous season strongly.

Flitcroft did absolutely nothing in his games with us, he took us from nearly the top 3 to outside the playoffs producing dreadful football which was relegation form and not winning in 6 home games despite everyone bar Accrington being easily beatable.

He has no excuses, he has no honeymoon he has no credit. Yes arguing for him out in August would be clearly ridiculous, if we’re nowhere near the playoffs come 10 games/end of October id be expecting him to be rightfully under immense pressure.

Of course not everyone will agree and they’ll be plenty of happy clappers.

I’ve absolutely no faith in him at all, but I will start the season with a clean slate and will give him some time, but he can’t afford a slow start.

Would this be the same Evans who'd already had a transfer window, with 20+ games in charge (prior to season run-in), only to finish the 16/17 season losing 5 out of the last 12 games?
VS
Flitcroft, who had no transfer window, no games in charge and lost 4 out of the last 12 games of the 17/18 season?

End of their 1st respective seasons DF got 12 points from 12 games as opposed to Evans who got 15 from 12 - hardly a gulf in stats, or strong finish for Evans :lol:

As i say, some do not give DF the same grace as SE, seems pure and simple to me. I do appreciate DF inherited a team in form and made mistakes, but a team that didn't hit form for the 1st 25 odd games last season, which was ran by a manager who'd had a year in charge and by the time he left us high in the league also had 2 transfer windows.

If you're going to assemble a gallows bud, at least make sure you buy the right timber! ;)

How many points weee accumulated in the 12 games for both? Lol

Pre season friendlies mean nothing though - so not bothered about results there.

I hope that he has got his house in order regarding tactics over the summer and with the right signings we can have a great season

Fair enough dude, but it's funny i don't recall you clamouring for Evans departure after a mediocre start! ;)

Guess the hard facts i produced above which show Evans to be barely better than DF don't really count, eh bud? :P
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:12 pm

Looking how we are struggling to sign players and the form / performance when flop took over last season we have got to be realistic and look to avoid religion.

I think there will probably be lots of disappointing performances few goals ect until a new manager takes over.
wardy12345
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby nick_stags » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:15 pm

wardy12345 wrote:Looking how we are struggling to sign players and the form / performance when flop took over last season we have got to be realistic and look to avoid religion.

I think there will probably be lots of disappointing performances few goals ect until a new manager takes over.

Are you on drugs?
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby kyle b » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:17 pm

I’ll be honest wardy12345 I’ve tried to avoid religion all my life
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby DogsDoDahs » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:18 pm

wardy12345 wrote:Looking how we are struggling to sign players and the form / performance when flop took over last season we have got to be realistic and look to avoid religion.

To be told the truth and not fed bulldroppings and not talk about religion!!!
JR told us two of our transfer listed players where involved in a bidding war
Floppy tells exactly the opposite!! Which is it guys perhaps God knows
:coys:
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:49 pm

lay off the pipe lad
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:51 pm

Was expecting news of a signing
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:52 pm

What are we expecting? Wasn’t expecting Germany to not progress past the group stages.

Rather a pleasant surprise.
I am Spartacus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Foxy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:51 pm

I'll tell you what I'm expecting. A few wins, lots of draws, and a few defeats.
Stagsnet shrieking for Flipflop to go increasing from September, through Christmas, and spring. Squad hit by injuries.

In summary a run here and there, season ends finishing 8th but a good cup run with a big team away.

Bookmark it and thank me later.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:28 pm

A win in first round of League Cup, might go some way to win fans over.
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Harrington St Hero » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:47 pm

I expect to be singing ‘We are going up’ from sometime late March.

Bookmark it and thank me later
Harrington St Hero
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:05 pm

Well let’s do it differently.

If we go up, irrespective of what’s posted on here, I’ll be delighted as much as everyone else. Especially with the signings today. Let’s hope he can prove folk wrong, and go on and do what that fat couldn’t do.

I want it as much for the radfords as I do for the fans.

So here goes - if we go up (auto or playoffs) I’ll pay £100 to the SSA or a stags related charity.

Please mods sticky this or do whatever to keep it in our minds.

If any of the other “doubters” wish to contribute if we go up also please join.

I hope next April/May I’m £100 lighter.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:07 pm

Completely agree. Everyone should avoid this load of crap. It's the biggest killer in the world.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:39 pm

I agree Wardy, every time the Jehovah’s Witness come down my street I close the curtains and hide behind the settee.
I am Spartacus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum