{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Hunt joins Stevenage

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Hunt joins Stevenage

Postby part time pete » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:35 pm

All this talk of youth this and youth that, but until I see these lads playing some minutes of proper league football, I will not believe him. Bench warming youth players like end of last season is not enough.
Jordan Graham should have at least played some minutes last season.
We might win against Accrington next time, if we ever play them again.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:41 pm

Well that's another off the transfer list gone. However, I don't think his wages will be as much as those left on the list.

I see our non league neighbours have got O'Grady off their wage bill, so there is hope we could do the same and move our unwanted high wage earners on.

As for Hunt, I don't think he is a loss to us.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:42 pm

So
Diamond
Anderson
Digby
Atkinson
Spencer

To go?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:44 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:So
Diamond
Anderson
Digby
Atkinson
Spencer

To go?

Spencer has already been released, Butcher is on the transfer list though
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkstag » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:50 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Well that's another off the transfer list gone. However, I don't think his wages will be as much as those left on the list.

I see our non league neighbours have got O'Grady off their wage bill, so there is hope we could do the same and move our unwanted high wage earners on.

I suspect Chesterfield paid him up - suspect we won’t do that so more difficult
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:00 pm

I think Atko and Digby will stay. they have made a point of showing them at pre-season a couple of times
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:11 pm

Chander Lear wrote:I think Atko and Digby will stay. they have made a point of showing them at pre-season a couple of times

Ando and Butcher shown as well.

For me, Atko had ample opportunity to show his ability. He's a steady played but nothing more, don't mind either way if he stays as a back-up.

Digby can stay for me, still young, has potential. Bobby Hassell rated him before he had a big injury and said he has not been the same since. Surprised Flitcroft gave up on him so soon, maybe a motivational tactic listing him unless he's on big money.

Anderson can go. Had same opportunities as Atko and was poor in the position he was signed to play in.

Butcher, wouldn't be against him being given a second chance if off the field rumours were true. Must be better than the player we saw. If he's not better than the play we saw, needs to go.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:03 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:Did a job when Mal had a bad run of form.

Sir Malvind is three times the player that Hunt will ever be.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:05 pm

yorkstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Well that's another off the transfer list gone. However, I don't think his wages will be as much as those left on the list.

I'm sure they did. But why is it more difficult for us ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:07 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
yorkstag wrote:

I'm sure they did. But why is it more difficult for us ?

Flitcroft more or less said today that they have had interest in the transfer listed players but only for free transfers. Flitcroft feels the players should command a fee.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:14 pm

Good luck with that ! sod the fee get um off the books, would free some right wonga up that would
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:18 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Good luck with that ! sod the fee get um off the books, would free some right wonga up that would

you mean the fees for the transfer listed players? that would mean us paying their contract up to release them. it wouldn't free up cash at all you spoon
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:01 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Good luck with that ! sod the fee get um off the books, would free some right wonga up that would

you mean the fees for the transfer listed players? that would mean us paying their contract up to release them. it wouldn't free up cash at all you spoon

He's not smart enough to have thought of that.
Who needs a Dutchman, when we've got Holland.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:16 pm

If they were allow3d to leave on a free that wouldn't cost us anything.
I think DF is right holding on for a fee especially if there are more than 1 team interested.
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:19 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:If they were allow3d to leave on a free that wouldn't cost us anything.
I think DF is right holding on for a fee especially if there are more than 1 team interested.

can the club just rip contracts up? I thought they would have to be paid a compensation fee if they still had a year or two left, and that would be a very expensive thing to do. JR has every right to demand a fee for these players, he gave the fat controller his money and he ultimately failed him, so
he will be wanting to recoup some of that. I dont see how that's not a reasonable thing , plus there is a chance a few of those transfer listed players will book their ideas up and fight for a place in the team and prove their worth to DF
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:24 pm

If a another club wants to take the player and we agree then they will sort out a contract with them and the player and the club will agree to him mutually moving on.

If the player don't want to leave he can see out his contract unless we.
A.Receive a bid we accept.
B. Pay him up an undisclosed amount of his contract remaining.

I may be wrong though.
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:28 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:If a another club wants to take the player and we agree then they will sort out a contract with them and the player and the club will agree to him mutually moving on.

If the player don't want to leave he can see out his contract unless we.
A.Receive a bid we accept.
B. Pay him up an undisclosed amount of his contract remaining.

I may be wrong though.

You're not.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:26 am

I thought Hunt did a decent job for us . Not spectacular but steady . Good luck to the lad .
Regarding the transfer listed players . I'd be more than happy if Atkinson and Digby stayed .
I was quite impressed with Digby . Did well in a variety of positions , something we need if we are having a smaller squad
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:01 am

Spiritater wrote:
marker_mtfc95 wrote:Did a job when Mal had a bad run of form.

Sir Malvind is three times the player that Hunt will ever be.

I never said Hunt was a better player than Mal Mark, just saying he was alright :shock:
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:22 am

Big yella wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

He's not smart enough to have thought of that.

apologies spoon :lol:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:34 am

Atkinson is somebody I would want rid, Digby and Anderson are definitely useful but the wages are probably a problem to be just ‘useful’
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:44 am

Agree Conker,

If something could be worked out I would like to see Anderson and Digby stay, both are versatile players,
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:25 am

Conker wrote:Atkinson is somebody I would want rid, Digby and Anderson are definitely useful but the wages are probably a problem to be just ‘useful’

I've yet to see Digby be useful. Think he was the poorest signing of last season. Looked miles off the pace in pretty much every game he played (maybe apart from Lincoln away)
I've got a Grapefruit matter...
James
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Conker » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:30 am

James wrote:
Conker wrote:Atkinson is somebody I would want rid, Digby and Anderson are definitely useful but the wages are probably a problem to be just ‘useful’

I've yet to see Digby be useful. Think he was the poorest signing of last season. Looked miles off the pace in pretty much every game he played (maybe apart from Lincoln away)

Agreed but I think he can be, really versatile too.

Atkinson legs have gone a bit I think, and Anderson proved he’s good enough IMO.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:52 am

James wrote:

Butcher has to be worst signing?
The One
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum