{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

[video] missing person found: Flitcroft on pre season.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: [video] missing person found: Flitcroft on pre season.

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:16 pm

I don't believe for one moment we would pay 5k to only Loan someone else's player.
If we were to sign him permanent who knows....
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:51 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:He's clearly hampered by Sir Topham Hats spending.
The targets he mentioned wanting hefty wages and long contracts are the exact same players Topham signed early on last year and we are struggling to move on this.

We are shopping at a different supermarket this year for sure.

Dead right we are. New managers always inherit stuff from the previous manager. Sometimes it's good, more than often it's bad.

Given what the walk away manager left us with it will take DF at least three transfer windows to put it right.

I hope the DF critics can now see what we have been left with, but more importantly they give him time to correct things.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:23 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby withnail » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:31 pm

Like what the managers says in his update, succumbing to a players over-inflated valuations (again) isn't the way forward. Patience is key, plenty of targets out there who will need to 'cut their cloth' in the coming few weeks.
withnail
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:43 pm

Agreed. Don't be held to ransom and don't just fling around the cash Evans-esque.

We already have the solid foundations of a good side. In reality 2-3 more players would be enough.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Stagsfan11 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:14 pm

Anyone know where I can find today’s press conference? Can’t seem to see it anywhere.
Stagsfan11
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:18 pm

Stagsfan11 wrote:Anyone know where I can find today’s press conference? Can’t seem to see it anywhere.

;) Scroll down to find video

https://en-gb.facebook.com/mansfieldtownfootballclub/
Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:18 pm

Stagsfan11 wrote:Anyone know where I can find today’s press conference? Can’t seem to see it anywhere.

3 posts up
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:24 am

There's sound but its just music.

Found it a bit funny where Danny Rose was lifting the weights and struggled a little then cuts to conrad logan with what appears to be the same weight just smashing it. I appreciate that, as a goalkeeper, conrad would be able to lift more.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:40 am

DoomMerchant wrote:Agreed. Don't be held to ransom and don't just fling around the cash Evans-esque.

We already have the solid foundations of a good side. In reality 2-3 more players would be enough.

I love this complete Ignorance when it comes to who actually signed off on Evans signings, If you think there is blame then you need to share it between Evans and the Radfords.

Nobody is perfect, it’s fine to criticise them.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:29 am

The key issues are why is David Flitcroft planning some kind of D Day invasion of Europe from Suffolk and Portsmouth; and why has he drawn a set of rugby goalposts on his map of Britain? :lol:
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:45 am

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:47 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::)

Let me guess Yorkie, the UK map is to try and convince our fans he's back home right now?

Sure i can hear Samba drums and a carnival beat in the background ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:45 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:51 pm

Best quotes from David Flitctoft

"Eight centre midfield players last season was just insane"

"We were interested in Kane Hemmings but the deal got fantastically expensive"
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:33 pm

Conker wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Agreed. Don't be held to ransom and don't just fling around the cash Evans-esque.

I love this complete Ignorance when it comes to who actually signed off on Evans signings, If you think there is blame then you need to share it between Evans and the Radfords.

I think he sucked them in, with his rhetoric.

One thing for sure they won't be signing players early doors again at tip top prices.

As a consequence of DF's more cautious approach ( I accept he still has to be judged on who he brings in and equally who he ships out ) he will be given time by the Radfords.

The walk away manager has used his scattergun approach of getting the numbers in early. Perhaps he's got another "pot of gold" to go at.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:20 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Conker wrote:

One thing for sure they won't be signing players early doors again at tip top prices.

As a consequence of DF's more cautious approach ( I accept he still has to be judged on who he brings in and equally who he ships out ) he will be given time by the Radfords.

The walk away manager has used his scattergun approach of getting the numbers in early. Perhaps he's got another "pot of gold" to go at.

Andy, the previous manager was more 'leprosy' than 'leprechaun' ;)
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:22 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::)

At the evening with JR and CR it was made quite clear that other clubs were in a "bidding war" for one or two of our transfer listed players.

Now weeks later we are told by DF that there have been no offers for our transfer listed players.

Which one is it then??? :o :o :o
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:34 pm

Possibly that they were after our players, but sought cheaper alternatives?
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:05 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:06 pm

Hang on. Why put in a bid in the first place if you then wanted a cheaper alternative, you wouldn't. Dont follow the logic of that point at all sorry. Im not trying to argue a point with you just trying to understand what has been said by JR and DF a month after.
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Grendon Stag » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:55 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Conker wrote:

So paying £5k a week for a 21 year old isn't a tip top price?
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:04 am

Grendon Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Conker wrote:

Has that been confirmed? Despite the rumours we have only made two signings so far. If you mean Walker, if he does sign it will likely be on loan and I would imagine his alleged wage will be shared by Forest and Stags.

At this stage last Evans had signed several players, far more than DF.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:21 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Conker wrote:

Has that been confirmed? Despite the rumours we have only made two signings so far. If you mean Walker, if he does sign it will likely be on loan and I would imagine his alleged wage will be shared by Forest and Stags.

At this stage in the transfer window last summer Evans had signed several players, far more than DF.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:49 am

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum