{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

[video] missing person found: Flitcroft on pre season.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: [video] missing person found: Flitcroft on pre season.

Postby Grendon Stag » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:30 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Conker wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Agreed. Don't be held to ransom and don't just fling around the cash Evans-esque.

We already have the solid foundations of a good side. In reality 2-3 more players would be enough.

I love this complete Ignorance when it comes to who actually signed off on Evans signings, If you think there is blame then you need to share it between Evans and the Radfords.

Nobody is perfect, it’s fine to criticise them.

I think he sucked them in, with his rhetoric.

One thing for sure they won't be signing players early doors again at tip top prices.

As a consequence of DF's more cautious approach ( I accept he still has to be judged on who he brings in and equally who he ships out ) he will be given time by the Radfords.

The walk away manager has used his scattergun approach of getting the numbers in early. Perhaps he's got another "pot of gold" to go at.

So paying £5k a week for a 21 year old isn't a tip top price?
Has that been confirmed? Despite the rumours we have only made two signings so far. If you mean Walker, if he does sign it will likely be on loan and I would imagine his alleged wage will be shared by Forest and Stags.

At this stage last Evans had signed several players, far more than DF.

Yes I'm on about Walker and whilst it's not been announced its a done deal. He was training with the club yesterday.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:45 am

DogsDoDahs wrote:Hang on. Why put in a bid in the first place if you then wanted a cheaper alternative, you wouldn't. Dont follow the logic of that point at all sorry. Im not trying to argue a point with you just trying to understand what has been said by JR and DF a month after.

No worries bud, i'm here to put you straight :P ;)

Total hypothesising, but as transfer windows go (players and clubs trying to agree terms and often failing), then it's feasible that one or more clubs initially came in for some of our players. Terms could not be agreed, or another player of similar ilk suddenly came available and was snapped up instead. Given our players wages are meant to make Rockerfeller seem skinter than Fagin, then it wouldn't be hard for other clubs to find similar quality for less and thus drop out of contention?

It's pure supposition, but i could envisage a scenario where those clubs tried to lower the price tag, failed and then gave up once they found an alternative for less
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:00 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
DogsDoDahs wrote:Hang on. Why put in a bid in the first place if you then wanted a cheaper alternative, you wouldn't. Dont follow the logic of that point at all sorry. Im not trying to argue a point with you just trying to understand what has been said by JR and DF a month after.

No worries bud, i'm here to put you straight :P ;)

Total hypothesising, but as transfer windows go (players and clubs trying to agree terms and often failing), then it's feasible that one or more clubs initially came in for some of our players. Terms could not be agreed, or another player of similar ilk suddenly came available and was snapped up instead. Given our players wages are meant to make Rockerfeller seem skinter than Fagin, then it wouldn't be hard for other clubs to find similar quality for less and thus drop out of contention?

It's pure supposition, but i could envisage a scenario where those clubs tried to lower the price tag, failed and then gave up once they found an alternative for less

OK no worries thanks for the imput
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:22 pm

Most welcome dude :D

There's every chance you're spot on though. I'm often a bit over-optimistic

Glass is always half full, unless it's someone else's round! ;)
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:45 pm

Could the reason regarding Walker be that a loan contract has not yet been signed.

Perhaps the stumbling block is that two clubs can't agree what percentage of Walker's wage we should contribute.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:48 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Could the reason regarding Walker be that a loan contract has not yet been signed.

Perhaps the stumbling block is that two clubs can't agree what percentage of Walker's wage we should contribute.

But its said he has trained with us
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:53 pm

The One wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Could the reason regarding Walker be that a loan contract has not yet been signed.

But its said he has trained with us
Him training with us doesn't mean the contract has been signed.

Nothing to stop him remaining at Forest or going to a club that meets Forest's wage terms.

Or maybe we can't sign the deal until one or two on the wage bill have been offloaded.

I'm sure if it was a "done deal" as some on here say it is, the club would be bursting to tell us.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:09 pm

Maybe it’s dated 1 July ?

Just a thought.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:22 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Maybe it’s dated 1 July ?

Just a thought.
That is also a likely explanation.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:58 pm

OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:31 pm

Flip-flop going missing might just have been him planning on winning on the field next season.

Either that or he's just been tossing it off like.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum