{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

England fc

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: England fc

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:13 pm

Expat Stag wrote:Winner: Brazil
Runner Up: Germany
3rd place: France
4th place: Spain
Top scorer: Neymar
England: Last 16
Surprise team: Denmark or Uruguay
Biggest flop: Argentina


Don’t think you’ll be far off with that, would swap Brazil & Germany.
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2523
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: England fc

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:14 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Rugby is arse gravy


That’s putting it politely
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2523
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: England fc

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:47 pm

It’s a thinking man’s sport. I can understand why you don’t get it.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11345
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: England fc

Postby Nottsstag100 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:49 pm

Expat Stag wrote:Winner: Brazil
Runner Up: Germany
3rd place: France
4th place: Spain
Top scorer: Neymar
England: Last 16
Surprise team: Denmark or Uruguay
Biggest flop: Argentina


Wouldn’t really say that Uruguay would be a surprise team, look at their team: Cavani,Suarez,Godin,rulli,gimenez....

They are a decent side tbh and I think that they will easily get quarters
Nottsstag100
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:13 pm

Re: England fc

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:18 pm

bellwhiff wrote:It’s a thinking man’s sport. I can understand why you don’t get it.



Kick it out of play ,throw it in, have a big game of pile on then kick it out again.
Repeat for 80 mins.

Takes some real thinking that does.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2762
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: England fc

Postby Sneag » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:27 pm

bellwhiff wrote:It’s a thinking man’s sport. I can understand why you don’t get it.


:lol: :lol: :lol:
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6182
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: England fc

Postby 1975stag » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:57 pm

A sport where men grab other men by the buttocks and genitals. I can understand why it appeals so much to the forces and privately educated amongst us.

Rather watch cricket. Which is just as dull....and contains men holding and carressing balls .....
1975stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:34 pm

Re: England fc

Postby Foxy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:53 pm

England not to get out the group 5-1

And Rugby League is faster and more exciting than Ruperts Union
User avatar
Foxy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5110
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm
Location: At the Coop

Re: England fc

Postby Beano » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:58 pm

We'll get out of the group stages.

Last 8 would be a great achievement.

Rugby was of course invented by, and still played by people who are rubbish at football.
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
User avatar
Beano
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: England fc

Postby Expat Stag » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:19 pm

Nottsstag100 wrote:Wouldn’t really say that Uruguay would be a surprise team, look at their team: Cavani,Suarez,Godin,rulli,gimenez....

They are a decent side tbh and I think that they will easily get quarters
28/1 at bookies over here. So not exactly front runners of the 2nd seeds.

They have a tough bracket too. Expect them to get out of their group but it'll be tough for them to get past Portugal & France. Doable though. Godin & Gimenez CB partnership is rock solid & front two are deadly on their day.
Hope I'm wrong
User avatar
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3492
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:53 pm

Re: England fc

Postby Foxy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:22 pm

A standard rugby tackle would have a football game halted for 12 minutes whilst the stretcher bearers, oxygen masks, and St John's Ambulance attended.

I've heard that Raheem Sterling once got injured when he accidentally switched over his tv and the Challenge Cup was on.
User avatar
Foxy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5110
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm
Location: At the Coop

Re: England fc

Postby Foxy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Double post mods cheers.
User avatar
Foxy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5110
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm
Location: At the Coop

Re: England fc

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:50 pm

1975stag wrote:A sport where men grab other men by the buttocks and genitals. I can understand why it appeals so much to the forces and privately educated amongst us.

Rather watch cricket. Which is just as dull....and contains men holding and carressing balls .....

As opposed to a sport where grown men roll around in apparent agony because they’ve damaged their fringe? I wouldn’t play the homosexual card. You’re on weak ground.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11345
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: England fc

Postby Rob » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:53 pm

Beano wrote:We'll get out of the group stages.

Last 8 would be a great achievement.

Rugby was of course invented by, and still played by people who are rubbish at football.


I was about to post the same thing :lol: Those who can't play football play Rugby, it's so true!
User avatar
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3648
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: England fc

Postby Big yella » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:42 pm

Foxy wrote:A standard rugby tackle would have a football game halted for 12 minutes whilst the stretcher bearers, oxygen masks, and St John's Ambulance attended.

I've heard that Raheem Sterling once got injured when he accidentally switched over his tv and the Challenge Cup was on.

Jack Wilshere is injured again, dislocated shoulder.

All I did was peel the back off of his Panini sticker.
Who needs a Dutchman, when we've got Holland.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3385
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: England fc

Postby Expat Stag » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:11 am

Big yella wrote:Jack Wilshere is injured again, dislocated shoulder.

All I did was peel the back off of his Panini sticker.

:lol:
Hope I'm wrong
User avatar
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3492
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:53 pm

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests