{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

D'Laryea | I'd hate to be stuck in a lift with Holdsworth!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

D'Laryea | I'd hate to be stuck in a lift with Holdsworth!

Postby craigpriest14 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:23 pm

Former Stags midfielder turned Maths Teacher Jon D'Laryea says there are two people in football he'd hate to be stuck in a lift with, Joey Barton and David Holdsworth.

Jon reveals all about the duo and in particular how, if it wasn't for Holdsowrth, Jon firmly believes he's still be at the heart of the Stags midfield now.

He's this weeks guest in 'A Trip Down Memory Lane' - raising money for the Alzheimer's Society donation link >> https://www.gofundme.com/mtfcmatters

In Episode Four of our miniseries ‘A Trip Down Memory Lane’ Craig, Simon and Nathan are back with Cam and back at the Capo Lounge in Mansfield to welcome former Stags skipper Jon D’Laryea.

Jon was a long serving midfielder, initially arriving on a month’s loan from Manchester City – a month which would change his life, and shares his memories of a club clearly still etched on his heart.

In this episode Jon recalls his journey from start to finish, including how Simon Brown warned him of a potential contract scam, how Bill Dearden helped rescue his career after an encounter with “The Butcher” and how he ended up swapping the complications of a 4-4-2 for the madness of algebra.

Also this week, Craig’s maths skills come back to bite him in the quiz, Jon reveals his ultimate XI had he reached the testimonial milestones and also lifts the lid on the styles of Billy McEwen and David Holdsworth.

The show was filmed at the Capo Lounge in Mansfield on the 23rd May 2018

AUDIO

LEGENDS LIVE
On July 27th, Jon will be part of our 'Legends Live' night, in which we present our 'A Trip Down Memory Lane' series to YOU, LIVE in the Sandy Pate Sports Bar - Richie Barker has confirmed as a panelist for the evening, and more names will be announced very soon, including a name etched in club history from the 80s

http://www.mtfcmatters.co.uk/mm-blog/ba ... ht-live-qa

https://www.facebook.com/events/2169839219911777/
craigpriest14
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: D'Laryea | I'd hate to be stuck in a lift with Holdswort

Postby Vice President » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:28 pm

Really enjoying these interviews. A great interview with Jon D'Laryea. A good player and a genuinely nice bloke.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:38 pm

One of only two guys who did not clock out when we dropped into the League from hell. Great credit to the guy. Top bloke.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:46 am

Once again an excellent show. I'd find it a near on impossibility to imagine a nicer fella than JD to have been linked to Stags.

Very insightful and entertaining as usual.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:00 pm

Best one yet, well done

Just need a new quiz master. :lol: :lol:
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:27 pm

Was my favourite player when I was a teenager. Such a shame he got than injury, after which he never reached the same level again.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby craigpriest14 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:49 pm

part time pete wrote:Best one yet, well done

Just need a new quiz master. :lol: :lol:

Thanks Pete!.... I've been saying that since last August!!
craigpriest14
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Expat Stag » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:21 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Once again an excellent show. I'd find it a near on impossibility to imagine a nicer fella than JD to have been linked to Stags.
He used to drink in the Cart & Horse on Station rd, Sutton. Locals loved him. A proper "one of our own" type sweet fella. Happy to see he found himself a new vocation in life after he left professional football.
Hope I'm wrong
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:33 am

Really enjoying these interviews with the ex players. Well done guys. Have you considered Wayne Corden for an upcoming chat? Would be great to hear about his time at Stags.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby craigpriest14 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:15 pm

Chris M wrote:Really enjoying these interviews with the ex players. Well done guys. Have you considered Wayne Corden for an upcoming chat? Would be great to hear about his time at Stags.

Cheers Chris, Yes Wayne is on our Target list of players - It's just trying to find a number for him! We're on it though!
craigpriest14
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby mapp stag » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:50 pm

I am in contact with Wayne Corden & have texted him to see if he’s okay for me to share his mobile with a view to being interviewed. Wayne’s happy so I will share his number with Martin Shaw to forward privately.
mapp stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby craigpriest14 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:32 am

mapp stag wrote:I am in contact with Wayne Corden & have texted him to see if he’s okay for me to share his mobile with a view to being interviewed. Wayne’s happy so I will share his number with Martin Shaw to forward privately.

Thanks Mapp Stag!
craigpriest14
Youth Team
Youth Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum