{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Port Vale

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Port Vale

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:06 pm

Port Vale's Chairman, Papa Smurf, must be a little jealous of John Radford and Alan Hardy owning a non-league ground as he has made a bid to buy Nuneaton Town's ground.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/f ... le-1642944
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Re: Port Vale

Postby Rightback » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:35 pm

The plan is to develop it and rent it to Coventry
Rightback
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Port Vale

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:35 pm

I think Papa Smurf might actually be a Cov fan.

Smurthwaite, who was born nine miles from Nuneaton, in the Radford area of Coventry, says his prospective purchase of the non-league side wouldn’t affect Vale’s funds. He added: “I buy assets every month. Does it affect Port Vale? No it doesn’t. When I bought Port Vale, when I found out I owned a football club, I lodged a large amount of money in an account, I think it was about £9m, out of which came the proceeds to buy the club. That is down now to about £3.4m and that money is there to continue to fund the club. Obviously if I sell the club, I take that money back because it is mine."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum