{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Team for new season

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Team for new season

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:05 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::)

Is this his marketing particulars?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:17 pm

Angol could be the answer - he will score goals and will get 15-20 goals. He is not lazy and DF will get the best out of him
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Vice President » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:32 pm

Angol has potential. And if we don't manage to get our 'star striker' ..... then he might just surprise a few people, if he is given a chance.
Either way, he is contracted to the club, so Flitcroft will need to get the best out of him.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:18 pm

Do think Angol has been given a bit of a hard time by some fans considering he averages around 1 in 3 with quite a lot of appearances come from the bench, and he’s still a young lad. Just because he doesn’t run round like a headless chicken chasing every ball doesn’t mean he’s a bad player. His work rate could improve yes but he shouldn’t be wrote off.

Would I want to be going in to the new season relying on him to fire us up? No, we do need better to start but think he is a decent asset to the squad and is still improving.
BH_Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:48 pm

Angol is NOT the answer some people really need to give their head a shake!

he isn’t good enough
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:04 am

yorkshire stag wrote:Angol is NOT the answer some people really need to give their head a shake!

he isn’t good enough

Who’s needs rival fans when your own supporters come out with these kinda comments.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:03 am

MTFCMAD wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Angol is NOT the answer some people really need to give their head a shake!

he isn’t good enough

Who’s needs rival fans when your own supporters come out with these kinda comments.

Did you not attend many games last season ?

hand on heart

MTFCMAD you think he is ?

yes or no ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:55 am

Answer to your question - yes Home and Away

No one is saying he’s the answer - just that he has potential and will get 15 -20 goals. Your constructive comment is ‘ he’s useless’.

I think he will do ok as clearly he has ability as evidenced by goal at Wycombe and free kick at the end of the season

As mentioned who needs rivals
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:29 am

yorkstag wrote:Answer to your question - yes Home and Away

No one is saying he’s the answer - just that he has potential and will get 15 -20 goals. Your constructive comment is ‘ he’s useless’.

I think he will do ok as clearly he has ability as evidenced by goal at Wycombe and free kick at the end of the season

As mentioned who needs rivals

one bloody game man at the end of the season and a goal at Wycombe does not constitute potential, for me it proves the opposite .....the bloke is not and never will be the answer to our goal scorering problems.
we didn’t fill this void last season and it cost us promotion we cannot allow flip flop to do the same this coming one .

Angol good bench warmer nothing more nothing less
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:46 am

Really can’t wait for Lee to prove fans wrong. He is young and got the ability to be a good player for us. Fair enough folk may not like him but he could be a good asset for the club, if he fulfills his potential.

It is a massive season for Lee, in terms of his development. With Flitcrofts style of play, we could see a different player next season. Depending what other strikers he brings in, could see him doing well.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:56 am

So you're saying at 23 he can't improve he can't get bettter and we should just sign off on him as a bit part player?

You keep telling everyone how long you have been watching Stags and this and that but that doesn't seem to count for much in terms of actual knowledge. You stomp your feet and demand "big name" signings which when you look at our recent history have never really worked out for us anyway so why the fascination?

I don't think anyone is saying Angol will definitely be our main striker but he definitely shouldn't be written off 9 goals in 29 games with only 16 starts is not a bad return last term.

But eh don't me or anyone else stop you whining that he is not good enough or they are not good enough or badgering the chairman or ceo on twitter just in case they forgot to mention a signing!!
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:00 am

To be fair to Angol - his goal stats per minutes on the pitch is about the same as Rose and Hemmings. 1 in 3 is a decent record.
Some people have targeted Angol partly because there were high expectations on him and partly because he appears to be a bit lazy.
We still need to bring in a prolific goal scorer. However Angol can do a good job for us and we need to support him; he is a young lad and I believe that the more confidence he has the better he will be.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:36 am

Yorkshire Stag please read my post again . I didn’t say that two goals constituted potential. I said it evidenced ability- which it does

I didn’t say he’s the answer I said could be and his stats confirm he should be good for 15-20 goals a season

I have also stated I think we need another striker

He is a 23 year old - give him a break

You are in real danger of making a fool of yourself with your totally unbalanced comments
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:15 am

yorkstag wrote:Yorkshire Stag please read my post again . I didn’t say that two goals constituted potential. I said it evidenced ability- which it does

I didn’t say he’s the answer I said could be and his stats confirm he should be good for 15-20 goals a season

I have also stated I think we need another striker

He is a 23 year old - give him a break

You are in real danger of making a fool of yourself with your totally unbalanced comments

wrong!

read my post ! i didn’t say bin him, i said he isn’t the answer to our goal scoring problems again i say for your benifit he is a good bench warmer
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:06 pm

Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:10 pm

He definitely has potential, it's clear to see. He's tall, strong, quick, scores goals with both feet. His hold up play is decent. He needs to improve aerially, and his first touch could be better. Also he needs to release the ball a bit quicker. He's a good prospect and a good coach will improve him.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum