{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

NAMES

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

NAMES

Postby yellows58 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:03 pm

I think with the likes of Dennis and Hemmings going to Notts , we need a couple of big names to come in and boost the the forward line. I hope that the 7 players that DF as targeted start putting pen to paper, so we can start to get excited.
yellows58
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: NAMES

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:14 pm

That's right. Accrington won the title last season by recruiting NAMES.

I think people need to calm their skin a little bit.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:25 pm

Who is this Names fella??

Sounds decent
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:28 pm

Don’t need names. Need players who can win us games and promotion.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:39 pm

We got names last season and look what good it did us. A small, tight-nit squad that plays for each other and buys into the manager's plan is much more effective than signing players based on their reputation.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:54 pm

ParisStag wrote:We got names last season and look what good it did us. A small, tight-nit squad that plays for each other and buys into the manager's plan is much more effective than signing players based on their reputation.

what top names did we sign last season that failed to blast us to promotion then, must have missed that?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:00 pm

On paper SE assembled a squad that mostly played at league 1 or above. If Flitcroft signs seven players that I've hardly heard of I couldn't care less. As long as they play for the shirt and give it their best, I'll be happy.
BoughtonStag71
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amberheart » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:11 pm

BoughtonStag71 wrote:On paper SE assembled a squad that mostly played at league 1 or above. If Flitcroft signs seven players that I've hardly heard of I couldn't care less. As long as they play for the shirt and give it their best, I'll be happy.

Me too
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:13 pm

where the chuff is flitcroft that's the question, we know from the Q&A Hemmings was a target and we now know MTFC had not been in touch with him after the end if season awards.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:14 pm

Amberheart wrote:
BoughtonStag71 wrote:On paper SE assembled a squad that mostly played at league 1 or above. If Flitcroft signs seven players that I've hardly heard of I couldn't care less. As long as they play for the shirt and give it their best, I'll be happy.

Me too

i want to see winning football too, thought we would have seen more movement that one signing at this stage!

Come on Flip Flop come of hiding and give us an update
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Harrington St Hero » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:22 pm

With the very sad news regarding Ryan Evans emerging from Field Mill today, I doubt MTFC would feel it appropriate to announce any signings or player news today.

Next week perhaps?
Harrington St Hero
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:25 pm

Harrington St Hero wrote:With the very sad news regarding Ryan Evans emerging from Field Mill today, I doubt MTFC would feel it appropriate to announce any signings or player news today.

Next week perhaps?

extremely sad news indeed
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:04 pm

He’s on holiday at the mo, been on FB of a friend of mine.
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:06 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
Harrington St Hero wrote:With the very sad news regarding Ryan Evans emerging from Field Mill today, I doubt MTFC would feel it appropriate to announce any signings or player news today.

Next week perhaps?

The news of Ryan Evans should quite rightly be the only news out of MTFC today. All other news is totally insignificant. RIP young un!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:01 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
Amberheart wrote:

Me too

i want to see winning football too, thought we would have seen more movement that one signing at this stage!

Come on Flip Flop come of hiding and give us an update

You are such a wise man Yorkie! I guess that’s EXACTLY what David Flitcroft is doing - hiding!

Hmmmph
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:35 pm

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:40 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

Next week perhaps?

The news of Ryan Evans should quite rightly be the only news out of MTFC today. All other news is totally insignificant. RIP young un!!!

Totally agree. Today isn’t the day to assuage Yorkshire Stag’s massive impatience.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:13 pm

old ram stag wrote:where the chuff is flitcroft that's the question, we know from the Q&A Hemmings was a target and we now know MTFC had not been in touch with him after the end if season awards.

Again, I take it you missed the photos of him making the first signing just a couple of days ago, you miserable old git.
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:48 am

Big yella wrote:
old ram stag wrote:where the chuff is flitcroft that's the question, we know from the Q&A Hemmings was a target and we now know MTFC had not been in touch with him after the end if season awards.

Again, I take it you missed the photos of him making the first signing just a couple of days ago, you miserable old git.

Another bitter with an agenda.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:17 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Another bitter with an agenda.

Not bright enough to have an agenda belly, believe me. :lol:
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:11 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:We got names last season and look what good it did us. A small, tight-nit squad that plays for each other and buys into the manager's plan is much more effective than signing players based on their reputation.

what top names did we sign last season that failed to blast us to promotion then, must have missed that?

Diamond, Anderson, Mellis, Butcher and Mirfin were all big names from higher divisions. Were you not around pre-season last year?
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:27 pm

ParisStag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

Diamond, Anderson, Mellis, Butcher and Mirfin were all big names from higher divisions. Were you not around pre-season last year?

Not around !!!! it was me who pointed out how pants spencer was after one pre season game remember
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rigsby » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:33 pm

....and did the same with Logan as well. Just take a step back and be a little patient.It's the first week in June, Evans' early spending last year didn't get your big name striker.
Rigsby
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:39 pm

Rigsby wrote:....and did the same with Logan as well. Just take a step back and be a little patient.It's the first week in June, Evans' early spending last year didn't get your big name striker.

yes sorry forgot about the cat :lol:

still think we need a keeper who can step off his line and take a ball
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rigsby » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:50 pm

We might get another striker but I doubt it'll be one of the names you've mentioned. As for another keeper, haven't we retained last year's two? can't see us getting another one.
Rigsby
Youth Team
Youth Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum