{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Kane Hemmings signed for Clownty

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Kane Hemmings signed for Clownty

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:24 am

You will struggle to sign a League 1 striker in demand for less than £3k a week. Marc Richards was on £3k a week at Chesterfield. O'Grady was said to be on £4.5k a week. Matt Green was rumoured to be near £3k a week. I also do not imagine Lee Angol came cheap if we paid a big transfer fee for him and Danny Roses's salary will have increased with his new contract.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:38 am

But it’s all about managing a budget. We have players that Flitcroft is trying to move on, so he’s not able to calculate what he has. It’s a bit ifs and buts at the mo. He knows who he wants and he knows how much they’ll cost. He probably isn’t sure how much he’s got. There’ll be a green and amber list of targets.
What I would say is to calm down. Some people are going to explode. I feel sorry for their wives. Or boyfriends.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:52 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:You will struggle to sign a League 1 striker in demand for less than £3k a week. Marc Richards was on £3k a week at Chesterfield. O'Grady was said to be on £4.5k a week. Matt Green was rumoured to be near £3k a week. I also do not imagine Lee Angol came cheap if we paid a big transfer fee for him and Danny Roses's salary will have increased with his new contract.

I suspect Miller will want around the same.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:18 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:You will struggle to sign a League 1 striker in demand for less than £3k a week. Marc Richards was on £3k a week at Chesterfield. O'Grady was said to be on £4.5k a week. Matt Green was rumoured to be near £3k a week. I also do not imagine Lee Angol came cheap if we paid a big transfer fee for him and Danny Roses's salary will have increased with his new contract.

Miller isn’t a proven league goal scorer at this level and to fork out 3-4K would be madness, with all the infrastructure being put in place ie Woburn training facility and hotel etc I very much doubt mega bucks will be spent on the squad this season .
Billy the fish
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:22 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Miller isn’t a proven league goal scorer at this level and to fork out 3-4K would be madness, with all the infrastructure being put in place ie Woburn training facility and hotel etc I very much doubt mega bucks will be spent on the squad this season .
I agree. I think the next signing will reveal the club's intention.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:24 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Conker wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Conker wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:It's clear the Notts County have splashed the cash to sign Dennis and Hemmings.

They are great signings for league 2 and would have been great for us.

Sadly we have to accept that we are unable to compete with Notts and Lincoln, for that matter, with transfer fees and high wages. The cash was spent last season and until we clear out some of the unwanted high wage earners I can't see us making the type of signings Notts are making.

I'm sure DF would have liked to have signed Hemmmings but I suspect the transfer fee and wages were prohibitive. So he hasn't pursued it and concentrated on the ones he has a chance of getting.

I can only see DF making two or three signings early on and these will be players out of contract.

After that it is likely to be ,loan players and trialists.

What in the hell are you on about, have you took notice at all? We didn’t go for either, it’s got nothing to do with being unable to compete with County or Lincoln.

Quite right it doesn't appear we went for either of them.

Ask yourself why? Arnt they good enough for us ? Or can't we afford them ?

Both costs fees both are likely to be on high wages. We can't compete with that? For two reasons. One Notts County and Lincoln get bigger attendances. Two we spent the riches last season on an abandoned protect.

We have made one signing so far. Even if DF has a similar budget as SE did last season he is hampered at the moment because of the players he is stuck with who are on high wages.

Consequently new signings will be few until some of the benchwarmers move on. Indeed he may have to use some of the budget to pay them off.

That's what I'm on about.

We can afford them, different manager, different style of summer business. Don’t read to much in it to it.

Really, well let's wait and see.

Macca not signed his improved contract. Rumours of Danny Rose being sold to Coventry.

Doesn't bode well.

Matt Preston was offered a three year deal by Swindon, Swindon budget last season was around the 2m mark (not far behind Mansfield) but we won his signature. Clearly we are offering top L2 wages again.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:21 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

From what Steve Hymas says, it's not costing the club a penny for Woburn road him and JR's joint building firm are pumping all the profits towards that project I believe. So make way for news of Rooney's arrival at OC instead of DC.
88BenM
First Team
First Team

Postby Richard Cranium » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:40 pm

ladybr00kjohn wrote:My thoughts on DF is going lower and lower. We should have kept Bennett, We should have signed Hemmings and Dennis from Chesterfield. Transfer listed Angol and Mellis You then have a decent forward line of which do not have at the moment. John Radford, I cannot have faith in this character.

Get your CV in for the Real Madrid job pal
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:19 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:
ladybr00kjohn wrote:My thoughts on DF is going lower and lower. We should have kept Bennett, We should have signed Hemmings and Dennis from Chesterfield. Transfer listed Angol and Mellis You then have a decent forward line of which do not have at the moment. John Radford, I cannot have faith in this character.

Get your CV in for the Real Madrid job pal

I second this motion. Or get a Real job!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:38 pm

Has Hemmings signed for clownty or is it just a rumour. There’s nothing on the bbc website.
wardy12345
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:57 pm

wardy12345 wrote:Has Hemmings signed for clownty or is it just a rumour. There’s nothing on the bbc website.

Yes announced yesterday on county twitter and website
wayno cordiniho
First Team
First Team

Postby nightstag » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:40 pm

nightstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby part time pete » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:51 pm

nightstag wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44331493

Nice photo, Mr Westwell
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:19 pm

Kane hemmings missed chances by the bucketload ,as do the rest of our strikers ,its a good midfield we need ,and another one up front ,hemmings was not the answer we need better ,or should i say hungrier strikers ,total faith in flitters
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Conker » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:48 pm

I do think Hemmings is only going to improve though, 20 goal + I think is likely next season plus with Dennis and a already stern defence County are definitely going to be up there.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:16 pm

Its done - surely we move on

Doesn't seem we were interested which is fine
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:27 am

DoomMerchant wrote:I think it'd help a lot if we all went out in to our back gardens and run around in circles, flailing our arms in the air whilst squealing like banshees.

If you haven't got a garden then just do it in your living room. It's the only way to possibly get over the guts-on-the-floor disappointment of missing out on: Hemmings, the Spireite, every other player signed by everyone since the season finished four weeks ago, not being able to compete in the transfer market with anyone, the Radford's ditching us for Formula One, the manager having a holiday, global trade wars and the potential apocalypse.

I prefer to stick with a grenade and a sh** bucket to throw it into. I can then run away from the bucket before it detonates, in ultra slow mo & to the sound of Samuel Barber, pretending our situation is like the Sgt Elias chase scene from Platoon.

I've heard JR is leaving stags to buy Radford FC, because it matches his name. Plus, the Visa crisis on Friday also stopped us from signing 45 new players, and the FA have already relegated us 3 leagues to save us the disappointment in bothering with the season ahead
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:33 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:I think it'd help a lot if we all went out in to our back gardens and run around in circles, flailing our arms in the air whilst squealing like banshees.

If you haven't got a garden then just do it in your living room. It's the only way to possibly get over the guts-on-the-floor disappointment of missing out on: Hemmings, the Spireite, every other player signed by everyone since the season finished four weeks ago, not being able to compete in the transfer market with anyone, the Radford's ditching us for Formula One, the manager having a holiday, global trade wars and the potential apocalypse.

I prefer to stick with a grenade and a sh** bucket to throw it into. I can then run away from the bucket before it detonates, in ultra slow mo & to the sound of Samuel Barber, pretending our situation is like the Sgt Elias chase scene from Platoon.

I've heard JR is leaving stags to buy Radford FC, because it matches his name. Plus, the Visa crisis on Friday also stopped us from signing 45 new players, and the FA have already relegated us 3 leagues to save us the disappointment in bothering with the season ahead

Underpants on my head and pencils up my nose. Nearly worked for Edmund Blackadder in the insanity of the First World War. Hopefully it will see me through the insane chaos of pre-season.

Either that or beer.
I am Spartacus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:47 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:I prefer to stick with a grenade and a sh** bucket to throw it into. I can then run away from the bucket before it detonates, in ultra slow mo & to the sound of Samuel Barber, pretending our situation is like the Sgt Elias chase scene from Platoon.

In a very similar development I've spent the duration of the closed season trying to slit my wrists with a chopstick whilst listening to 'Clubbed To Death' by Rob Dougan on continuous loop.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:01 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:I prefer to stick with a grenade and a sh** bucket to throw it into. I can then run away from the bucket before it detonates, in ultra slow mo & to the sound of Samuel Barber, pretending our situation is like the Sgt Elias chase scene from Platoon.

In a very similar development I've spent the duration of the closed season trying to slit my wrists with a chopstick whilst listening to 'Clubbed To Death' by Rob Dougan on continuous loop.

I can just see Percy from the green mile: Dead club! Dead club walking! We got a dead club walking, here!

PS, I'd love to know what chopsticks can actually 'chop'. Jelly maybe?
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:03 am

I am Spartacus wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

Underpants on my head and pencils up my nose. Nearly worked for Edmund Blackadder in the insanity of the First World War. Hopefully it will see me through the insane chaos of pre-season.

Either that or beer.

Beer and a cyanide chaser will cover all eventualities ;)
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:31 pm

Back to Hemmings, a three year deal on big money, there is no way we would give anyone a three year deal IMO. If the club knew that was Hemmings position, allegedly talks took place before season's end, then I'm not surprised we have not made an approach since the end of the season.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:41 pm

:lol: I knew i had seen that clown Hardy before :lol: he makes me krinkle every time i see him :lol:

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:53 pm

Notts County sign a 19 year old lad from Man City

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44357622
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:01 pm