{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Kane Hemmings signed for Clownty

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Kane Hemmings signed for Clownty

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:15 pm

Tbh after some thought, Hemmings and Rose didn’t work too well together imo and if we’re keeping Rose we must get him a compatible partner. Who that is I have no idea. On the Dennis side, I laugh when folk say he ain’t that good, after seeing him twice last year in the worst side in league 2 scoring 20+ goals. Also I still think that we could do better than Dennis and Hemmings, and if we do Rose & xxxx might not seem so bad after all. Everyone needs to calm down and wait to see who’s incoming over the next few weeks and trust the club. One last question. Who would be a good partner for Rose? Who do we have a realistic chance of getting to partner him? COYS
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:45 pm

Players report back for training in just over 3 weeks.

We need everyone to have a full preseason no excuses, because if we don't hit the ground running the pressure will be on Flitcroft.

You'd think without an early bird offer JR would be keen to get a marquee signing over the line to generate some excitement, but the silence is deafening. Good for negotiations yes (only if they come off mind), but will hit season ticket sales.

I hate Hardy with a passion but credit where its due he'll have got the county fans queuing up for season tickets with the recent signings.
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby edwinscott » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:23 pm

Don’t understand the fuss over Hemmings? Watched county in the play offs and they play long ball more than stagsnet moan we do. Rose is a far better option for us and the style that we will play
edwinscott
First Team
First Team

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:41 pm

ladybr00kjohn wrote:My thoughts on DF is going lower and lower. We should have kept Bennett, We should have signed Hemmings and Dennis from Chesterfield. Transfer listed Angol and Mellis You then have a decent forward line of which do not have at the moment. John Radford, I cannot have faith in this character.

Hahahaha
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:52 pm

edwinscott wrote:Don’t understand the fuss over Hemmings? Watched county in the play offs and they play long ball more than stagsnet moan we do. Rose is a far better option for us and the style that we will play

Disagree, if we are going to be playing proper football Hemmings is the better of the 2 due to his better first touch and movement. Rose can play, but he is the one who would be more suited to the 'long ball' as he wins his fair share in the air.
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Kenwood » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:06 pm

Kane was technically excellent and has a great first touch. He led the line very well but I think he could also play deeper as he has good vision and brings other players into the game.

Having said that I don’t think he will score as many goals in a season as you would want from a striker you are reportedly paying around £6,000 a week.

I still don’t think we have seen the best of Rose and if DF can get a target man that will do a lot of the hard work and winning of headers Rose has had to do for us so far in his time here I would fancy him to score more goals this season and certainly more than Hemmings will
Kenwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:08 pm

We now need to go and sign Jorge Grant on a season long loan. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:09 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:We now need to go and sign Jorge Grant on a season long loan. :lol:

go the whole hog and sign him permanently!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:14 pm

Welcome to the One Call Jorge.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Harrington St Hero » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:22 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:We now need to go and sign Jorge Grant on a season long loan. :lol:

go the whole hog and sign him permanently!

Haha, brilliant!
Harrington St Hero
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:35 pm

Conker wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:It's clear the Notts County have splashed the cash to sign Dennis and Hemmings.

They are great signings for league 2 and would have been great for us.

Sadly we have to accept that we are unable to compete with Notts and Lincoln, for that matter, with transfer fees and high wages. The cash was spent last season and until we clear out some of the unwanted high wage earners I can't see us making the type of signings Notts are making.

I'm sure DF would have liked to have signed Hemmmings but I suspect the transfer fee and wages were prohibitive. So he hasn't pursued it and concentrated on the ones he has a chance of getting.

I can only see DF making two or three signings early on and these will be players out of contract.

After that it is likely to be ,loan players and trialists.

What in the hell are you on about, have you took notice at all? We didn’t go for either, it’s got nothing to do with being unable to compete with County or Lincoln.

Quite right it doesn't appear we went for either of them.

Ask yourself why? Arnt they good enough for us ? Or can't we afford them ?

Both costs fees both are likely to be on high wages. We can't compete with that? For two reasons. One Notts County and Lincoln get bigger attendances. Two we spent the riches last season on an abandoned protect.

We have made one signing so far. Even if DF has a similar budget as SE did last season he is hampered at the moment because of the players he is stuck with who are on high wages.

Consequently new signings will be few until some of the benchwarmers move on. Indeed he may have to use some of the budget to pay them off.

That's what I'm on about.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:40 pm

Stags2002 - the fact you overlook is that this is real life

I’m sure everyone is doing what they can to get people in. No evidence we wanted Dennis or Hemmings. Players are still being paid under their old contracts so many will be taking their time in making decisions. D day looms tho

We will be fine
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:42 pm

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:Good grief one player WHO WE DIDNT ATTEMPT TO SIGN goes to a rival and all of a sudden we are the poor relations?

As always at this point in the year perspective is a foreign concept and wild supposition is the way to go.

Why didn't we attempt to sign them. I think it's because they attracted a transfer fee and their wages were prohibitive.

Why waste time chasing players that we can't afford. I think DF realises that.

I think our next signing (when it comes) will show where we stand in terms of budget.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:13 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
kcassellsfootygenius wrote:Good grief one player WHO WE DIDNT ATTEMPT TO SIGN goes to a rival and all of a sudden we are the poor relations?

As always at this point in the year perspective is a foreign concept and wild supposition is the way to go.

Why didn't we attempt to sign them. I think it's because they attracted a transfer fee and their wages were prohibitive.

I think our next signing (when it comes) will show where we stand in terms of budget.

what if it's a loan?
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:41 pm

ParisStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

what if it's a loan?
I think that would also reflect on how much budget DF has at the moment.

Will depend on how much we have to contribute to the loanees wages.

Someone on here said we paid half of Hemmmings £6k a week wages last season.

Hopefully some of the unwanted high wage earners will move on.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:53 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Conker wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:It's clear the Notts County have splashed the cash to sign Dennis and Hemmings.

Sadly we have to accept that we are unable to compete with Notts and Lincoln, for that matter, with transfer fees and high wages. The cash was spent last season and until we clear out some of the unwanted high wage earners I can't see us making the type of signings Notts are making.

I'm sure DF would have liked to have signed Hemmmings but I suspect the transfer fee and wages were prohibitive. So he hasn't pursued it and concentrated on the ones he has a chance of getting.

I can only see DF making two or three signings early on and these will be players out of contract.

What in the hell are you on about, have you took notice at all? We didn’t go for either, it’s got nothing to do with being unable to compete with County or Lincoln.

Both costs fees both are likely to be on high wages. We can't compete with that? For two reasons. One Notts County and Lincoln get bigger attendances. Two we spent the riches last season on an abandoned protect.

We have made one signing so far. Even if DF has a similar budget as SE did last season he is hampered at the moment because of the players he is stuck with who are on high wages.

Consequently new signings will be few until some of the benchwarmers move on. Indeed he may have to use some of the budget to pay them off.

We can afford them, different manager, different style of summer business. Don’t read to much in it to it.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:05 pm

I think it'd help a lot if we all went out in to our back gardens and run around in circles, flailing our arms in the air whilst squealing like banshees.

If you haven't got a garden then just do it in your living room. It's the only way to possibly get over the guts-on-the-floor disappointment of missing out on: Hemmings, the Spireite, every other player signed by everyone since the season finished four weeks ago, not being able to compete in the transfer market with anyone, the Radford's ditching us for Formula One, the manager having a holiday, global trade wars and the potential apocalypse.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:11 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I think it'd help a lot if we all went out in to our back gardens and run around in circles, flailing our arms in the air whilst squealing like banshees.

If you haven't got a garden then just do it in your living room. It's the only way to possibly get over the guts-on-the-floor disappointment of missing out on: Hemmings, the Spireite, every other player signed by everyone since the season finished four weeks ago, not being able to compete in the transfer market with anyone, the Radford's ditching us for Formula One, the manager having a holiday, global trade wars and the potential apocalypse.

how many more weeks until the start of the season? I don't think I can take stagsnet for much longer :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:13 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I think it'd help a lot if we all went out in to our back gardens and run around in circles, flailing our arms in the air whilst squealing like banshees.

It'll all calm down once we announce

Luke Beckett
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:14 pm

Conker wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Conker wrote:

We can afford them, different manager, different style of summer business. Don’t read to much in it to it.

Really, well let's wait and see.

Macca not signed his improved contract. Rumours of Danny Rose being sold to Coventry.

Doesn't bode well.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:15 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

how many more weeks until the start of the season? I don't think I can take stagsnet for much longer :lol:

:clap:
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby James » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:26 am

Stags 2002 wrote:Players report back for training in just over 3 weeks.

We need everyone to have a full preseason no excuses, because if we don't hit the ground running the pressure will be on Flitcroft.

You'd think without an early bird offer JR would be keen to get a marquee signing over the line to generate some excitement, but the silence is deafening. Good for negotiations yes (only if they come off mind), but will hit season ticket sales.

I hate Hardy with a passion but credit where its due he'll have got the county fans queuing up for season tickets with the recent signings.

Hardy is like Donald Trump, has to shout everything from the rooftops so everyone thinks he’s doing something positive.

We had a pre season last season where we heard everything going on, telling everyone how we were going to win this league, and making very public bids for top goal scorers from the previous season. It was a bit of a circus. Me personally, I’m glad we’ve reverted back to doing our business quietly.
I've got a Grapefruit matter...
James
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:59 am

I think county are splashing the cash and paying more than these players value.

Kane had a good season with us and Dennis has a good season with Chesterfield (he personally, not as a team) so would have a good amount of interest from a lot of teams.

The fact that county have signed them so early means they've offered th deals that were too good to turn down. Look at all Evans' early signings and the amounts they recieved a week, Evans did the same.

The downside to this is you are offering players similar deals to other clubs so they player would then look at said club and weigh up his options. "will I play regularly" "will I likely win a trophy" "what competition do I have for a start" "does their play style suit me" "will I have to uproot my family and move. If so, how much are houses and what's the area like" "is their manager any good"

They are a few bits of the decision making process players can go through. This is why deals can take so long to go through. Maybe a player is waiting for a certain club closer to home to come in for him or he has 3 clubs that he would be happy to sign for and wait to see who else they sign to see if ambitions would be met.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:12 am

I was a Hemmings fan while he was here but if he is on the reported earnings of £6K a week I think we could do better for that sort of money, like someone else has said he & Rose didn't work up front. Just like the rest of the team Hemmings huffed and puffed towards the end of the season and missed some guilt edge sitters, as others did, which would have easily seen us into the play-offs.

We could discuss this all day long whether we could have gone for him or not but it is irrelevant now, if we'd wanted to keep him I'm sure we would have done a deal prior to him going back to Oxford, no doubt in my mind we would have been his first choice club.

Interestingly, as I and others pointed out at the end of the season, Angol had the best strike rate last season and with a decent run in the team could come up trumps. Having said that we still need more competition for places in front of goal.
pemill
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:22 am

pemill wrote:I was a Hemmings fan while he was here but if he is on the reported earnings of £6K a week I think we could do better for that sort of money, like someone else has said he & Rose didn't work up front. Just like the rest of the team Hemmings huffed and puffed towards the end of the season and missed some guilt edge sitters, as others did, which would have easily seen us into the play-offs.

We could discuss this all day long whether we could have gone for him or not but it is irrelevant now, if we'd wanted to keep him I'm sure we would have done a deal prior to him going back to Oxford, no doubt in my mind we would have been his first choice club.

Interestingly, as I and others pointed out at the end of the season, Angol had the best strike rate last season and with a decent run in the team could come up trumps. Having said that we still need more competition for places in front of goal.

I hope he does, it is pretty much make or break for him this season, his career is on the line, a good season for us and he'll be looking at a higher level, struggle again than it's non-league. Hopefully that will motivate him, because from what I saw, it is motivation he appeared to lack.

Also agree about Hemmings, a decent player, but 6k a week :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum