{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Boulding - Huth insisted he got the ball, he nearly got both

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Boulding - Huth insisted he got the ball, he nearly got both

Postby craigpriest14 » Thu May 31, 2018 8:51 am

Former Stags striker Micky Boulding recalls his infamous FA Cup clash with Robert Huth, revealing the German defender continues to claim he got the ball. Speaking on the latest episode of 'A Trip Down Memory Lane' Boulding recalls the clash, other injurys and much MUCH more.

Mansfield Matters are raising money for the Alzheimer’s Society, please donate if you're watching/listening! >> Direct to the Alzheimer’s Society https://www.justgiving.com/alzheimerssoc << OR BAG SOME GREAT PRIZES/GIFTS & Donate to Mansfield Matters (80% goes to charity, 20% towards project running costs) >> https://www.gofundme.com/mtfcmatters <<

**WARNING | This show contains strong language and stories which may be inappropriate you younger viewers throughout**

It’s episode three of our brand new series ‘A Trip Down Memory Lane’ and this week Craig, Simon and Nathan are off to Sheffield, well the biggest house in Sheffield to be precise – as we take a trip down memory lane with Micky Boulding.

Cam was again unavailable for selection, so this week we were joined by Guide Dog Hudson and Nathan’s dad Mick!

Micky had two spells with the Stags after swapping a promising tennis career for football in the late 90s, and rejoining in the mid-00s to add some light to the Stags relagtion darkness.

In this episode which contains strong language and stories which may be inappropriate to some viewers, Micky recalls his time at the club – including the constant battle to be played upfront, the controversial departure of manager Paul Holland and THAT FA Cup clash with Robert Huth.

Also this week Micky shares an insight into the antics of the dressing room, including how players would be locked in skips and solves the mystery of those empty crisp packets you see at the side of the road – Gary Tallon you hero!

The show was filmed at the Micky’s house in Sheffield on the 19th May 2018

AUDIO
craigpriest14
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Boulding - Huth insisted he got the ball, he nearly got

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu May 31, 2018 11:29 am

Love boulding. Quality player.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu May 31, 2018 1:10 pm

I remember that tackle by Hong Kong Huth.

He definitely got the ball, of Boulding's shoulder socket
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu May 31, 2018 4:46 pm

I think I've hated Robert huth ever since that tackle.

him and David wheater were at CB that game I believe and they were kicking lumps out of our forwards all game
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:18 pm

Another excellent show Craig. Mickey Boulding is clearly a thoroughly nice fella and it's nice to hear him speaking so fondly of our club.

And I can vouch for his stories about Gary Tallon. Him, Lee Peacock and Darrell Clarke spilt in to town with our lot on a couple of occasions. Pints of 'diesel' (Guinness and blackcurrant) was his poison.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum