{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New away kit

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New away kit

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:58 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:43 pm

Definitely Black shirt with a gold badge
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:03 am

Good to see Danny has been reading the board, even included Yorkshire Stag's catchphrase as a hashtag :lol:

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:53 am

I don’t want a teaser video. I want a picture of the new shirt upon which, I, like many others will decide whether to buy it.

So called ‘clever marketing’ is designed to dupe the gullible into thinking the product they are getting will make their life better, more enjoyable and will make them wonder how they existied without.

It’s a change shirt. End of. We have to have one to comply with the laws of association Football!!!!

So stop thinking you are cleverer than the people who will buy your product and do what you should have done months ago.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:06 am

I am Spartacus wrote:I don’t want a teaser video. I want a picture of the new shirt upon which, I, like many others will decide whether to buy it.

So called ‘clever marketing’ is designed to dupe the gullible into thinking the product they are getting will make their life better, more enjoyable and will make them wonder how they existied without.

It’s a change shirt. End of. We have to have one to comply with the laws of association Football!!!!

So stop thinking you are cleverer than the people who will buy your product and do what you should have done months ago.

Handy hint, just press pause on the video. This will be pretty much the same as a photo.

Some misery's out there.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:10 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:I don’t want a teaser video. I want a picture of the new shirt upon which, I, like many others will decide whether to buy it.

Handy hint, just press pause on the video. This will be pretty much the same as a photo.

Some misery's out there.

Iit is the method of marketing I object to. Dressing something up and sending out flashy videos for a simple product launch smacks of the Premier League.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:22 am

I'm waiting for the Lomas clickbait link to make my life complete
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:36 am

I don't like it.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:49 am

Beano wrote:I'm waiting for the Lomas clickbait link to make my life complete

Have your say now on the Stags greatest kit of all time..............click here to choose.

This week the goal keeper kit.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:50 am

Showaddywaddy wrote:
Beano wrote:I'm waiting for the Lomas clickbait link to make my life complete

Have your say now on the Stags greatest kit of all time..............click here to choose.

This week the goal keeper kit.

:D :D :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:32 am

Video was raspberry.... JUST SHOW US THE KIT
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:32 am

Oh my goodness if you where this angry before don't watch the video :lol: :lol:

Looks black and gold to me.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:32 am

Seen the teaser, I think it might actually have a stitched badge this time
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:36 am

A poor effort. Looks cheap. The material is sub-standard. The pointless detail makes it look tinpot. It still has that naff badge.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:38 am

DoomMerchant wrote:A poor effort. Looks cheap. The material is sub-standard. The pointless detail makes it look tinpot. It still has that naff badge.

The badge looks stitched though this time which would be an improvement!

Really hope moving forward we can sign up with a top manufacture like Adidas, Nike, Puma etc as you know the quality will be there.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:38 am

what a rubbish teaser, just show us the bleeding thing!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:39 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:A poor effort. Looks cheap. The material is sub-standard. The pointless detail makes it look tinpot. It still has that naff badge.

Really hope moving forward we can sign up with a top manufacture like Adidas, Nike, Puma etc as you know the quality will be there.

I don't know I haven't seen it, I just know beforehand.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:40 am

Foresttownstag wrote:

Is this our last Surridge kit or do we have one more year with them after this season?
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:41 am

Surridge are a very poor company, they have supplied professional teams kits before but they've never lasted.... its only us thats stuck with them. They mostly supply university teams.

Material is always poor and quite embarrassing... the colours are different shirt to shirt. The printed badge looks incredibly tin pot and the colours bleed into each other, on my shirt with the stripe between the yellow and blue is green. Hope this is our last season with this company. Looking back at the first season back in the leagues kit, its like a cheap knock off you'd get on holiday.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:45 am

Why black again, they find it hard enough to pass to each other in daylight, don't know how they will find each other on a dark night in Macclesfield lol
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:50 am

Sedgwick wrote:Surridge are a very poor company, they have supplied professional teams kits before but they've never lasted.... its only us thats stuck with them. They mostly supply university teams.

Material is always poor and quite embarrassing... the colours are different shirt to shirt. The printed badge looks incredibly tin pot and the colours bleed into each other, on my shirt with the stripe between the yellow and blue is green. Hope this is our last season with this company. Looking back at the first season back in the leagues kit, its like a cheap knock off you'd get on holiday.

Agree, quality has been poor in recent years particularly with the badge - looking like that will change a bit this year to a badge that’s a bit more like the training tops, which have been much better.

The actual designs of the home kits have been poor since we’ve come back up, I haven’t liked any but away strips haven’t been too bad looking quality aside. The black one was OK and the white one we’ve just had was one of the best looking Away shirts we’ve had in years.

Agree it would be nice moving forward to go with a more recognised supplier for once.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby joey bananas » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:10 pm

Where's the teaser then ?
Stop teasing me.
He who laughs last clearly didn't get it...
joey bananas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:26 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:57 pm

Kernow wrote:Why black again, they find it hard enough to pass to each other in daylight, don't know how they will find each other on a dark night in Macclesfield lol

No colour clash there. Macc play in blue n white.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:59 pm

Kernow wrote:Why black again, they find it hard enough to pass to each other in daylight, don't know how they will find each other on a dark night in Macclesfield lol

Probably taking the P out of The Spireites not being allowed a black kit. We've probably had theirs and reprinted the badge.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum