{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

League 2 fixtures -Clownty 1pm kick off 8th December

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: League 2 fixtures released Thursday 21 st june 9am

Postby yellowstagsfan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:17 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:

No surprise there then
yellowstagsfan
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: League 2 fixtures -Clownty 1pm kick off 8th December

Postby Dan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:10 pm

One down 5 more to go.....
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:29 pm

I’ll put my tin hat on (again)

But I actually grew to quite like the kick offs at that time.

You could still have a drink afterward and see the scores come in, we didn’t lose any of them, it didn’t really affect the crowds.

Meh.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:28 pm

adamstag wrote:I’ll put my tin hat on (again)

But I actually grew to quite like the kick offs at that time.

You could still have a drink afterward and see the scores come in, we didn’t lose any of them, it didn’t really affect the crowds.

Meh.

Enjoyed the home games being early kick offs but not the away games. We had a good record in early kick off's last season, dont think we lost one?
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:31 pm

Lincoln at home now 1pm KO
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:46 pm

These 1pm KOs are pathetic. Our plod are embarrassing fgs.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:53 pm

Not happy with these early ko's
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:57 pm

I really don't see why all the fuss and moaning about early kick offs?? I actually enjoy them!

Think people just complain for the sake of complaining.
Alwaysa5tag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:52 pm

Alwaysa5tag wrote:I really don't see why all the fuss and moaning about early kick offs?? I actually enjoy them!

What about people that finish work at 1 on a Saturday, or have other arrangements on a Saturday morning/early afternoon. Just because it suits you , you think why does everyone else moan.

If they're trying to prevent trouble happening then I think it's daft, folk will get tanked up on ale whether the games at 9am or 9pm. I remember the Mansfield team bus apparently being attacked by Lincoln idiots, and that was a 1PM kick off. Proper sorted that out didn't it.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:56 pm

Alwaysa5tag wrote:I really don't see why all the fuss and moaning about early kick offs?? I actually enjoy them!

Due to family commitments,I struggle to make 1pm ko's.

I'm sure others have similar problems.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:32 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

Due to family commitments,I struggle to make 1pm ko's.

I'm sure others have similar problems.

Agree, football is a 3 o’clock sport and shouldn’t be dictated to by the plod. It’s not like we have 75,000 packed in the Mill!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:34 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

What about people that finish work at 1 on a Saturday, or have other arrangements on a Saturday morning/early afternoon. Just because it suits you , you think why does everyone else moan.

If they're trying to prevent trouble happening then I think it's daft, folk will get tanked up on ale whether the games at 9am or 9pm. I remember the Mansfield team bus apparently being attacked by Lincoln idiots, and that was a 1PM kick off. Proper sorted that out didn't it.

I didn't say it suits me, I said I don't mind them. Some people work all day Saturday so let's make the games Sundays....oh no wait people work Sundays as well... how about making them all midweek games....oh wait people work shifts as well!

The point is no matter what time it kicks off, it will suit some and not others, I work certain weekends until lunchtime but that's the way the cookie crumbles, I'm certainly not gonna whinge and whine about it if it makes me miss one.
Alwaysa5tag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Chander Lear » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:49 pm

Alwaysa5tag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

I didn't say it suits me, I said I don't mind them. Some people work all day Saturday so let's make the games Sundays....oh no wait people work Sundays as well... how about making them all midweek games....oh wait people work shifts as well!

The point is no matter what time it kicks off, it will suit some and not others, I work certain weekends until lunchtime but that's the way the cookie crumbles, I'm certainly not gonna whinge and whine about it if it makes me miss one.

People have a right to moan if they have forked out for a season ticket and games have been changed and they now cannot attend.

I'd never get a season ticket if we ever got to the prem (i know LOL), fixtures changing to Monday nights last minute.
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:12 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
Alwaysa5tag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

People have a right to moan if they have forked out for a season ticket and games have been changed and they now cannot attend.

I'd never get a season ticket if we ever got to the prem (i know LOL), fixtures changing to Monday nights last minute.

Yeah but think it's pretty safe to say when the fixtures are released what dates are going to be 1pm kick offs, then it gets officially announced pretty quickly, it's not like it's dropped on us last minute.... I'm pretty sure we have enough time to sort out what we may need to it it clashes
Alwaysa5tag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:44 pm

Football matches should be played at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.

The TV companies who plow astronomical amounts of money into top flight football and those who just want to cause trouble spoil it for the rest of us.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:44 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Football matches should be played at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.

The TV companies who plow astronomical amounts of money into top flight football and those who just want to cause trouble spoil it for the rest of us.

Yes. And only referees and linesmen should wear black.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:57 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Football matches should be played at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.

And Mediteranean widows.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:52 pm

There’s a lot of kids football played on Saturday mornings as well which these kick off times affect. The club should tell the police they appreciate their ‘advice’ but they’re going to keep the kick offs at 3pm.

It’s like Easter. All the Saturday games get move to Good Friday to give players an extra rest day but people still work that day. In fact this season the fixture list has just listed them all on Good Friday rather than the Saturday because all the clubs want it changing anyway. All 72 league clubs are playing on Good Friday at the moment.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:46 am

Sneag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

And Mediteranean widows.

For some strange reason, I have always remembered this joke from Viz

'What's the difference between a Ford Cortina and an Italian widow?'

50lb's and a Black dress'
Mr Grimsdale
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum