{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season Ticket Renewals - Photos

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season Ticket Renewals - Photos

Postby DogsDoDahs » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:49 am

On 29th May 2017 the club stated on the official website that 2076 season tickets had been sold over the last four week period which was an increase of over 200 on the previous season.
The reason for these good advanced figures in 2017 are open to debate. Maybe the hype of SE and the multiple new player signings by then and obviously "the earlybird" offer of cheaper tickets purchased before a deadline.

On the 5th June 2018 the club are pleased to announce on the official website that the club have sold over 1000 season tickets and 352 quarry lane memberships. The reason for the huge decline in advanced sales are open to debate. Maybe the hype of DF and the multiple new players signings and then the lack of "the earlybird" offer increasing the same ticket price in IGU for an adult by 55 notes. SE to blame for massive wage bill for overrated players that we are struggling to offload.

Wow put a positive spin on that one!!! Wonder how the clowns advanced ST sales will compare this year to last year after their very quiet pre season business. Ours may be similar to the cheaters I suspect after there success last season. We will see come august no doubt.
But hey COYS
:coys:
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby part time pete » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:18 pm

Contacted ticket office today about when we can collect season ticket cards.

They said not for another three weeks and will need a new photo to be taken when collecting.
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:40 pm

We managed to beat the cheaters to the 1000 mark by 2 hours and 22 minutes positive spin after all brilliant. No doubt the signing of 36 year old Bishop will swell the ST sales by another 5 or so.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:36 pm

DogsDoDahs wrote:We managed to beat the cheaters to the 1000 mark by 2 hours and 22 minutes positive spin after all brilliant. No doubt the signing of 36 year old Bishop will swell the ST sales by another 5 or so.

Right old ray of sunshine.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:44 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
DogsDoDahs wrote:We managed to beat the cheaters to the 1000 mark by 2 hours and 22 minutes positive spin after all brilliant. No doubt the signing of 36 year old Bishop will swell the ST sales by another 5 or so.

Right old ray of sunshine.

Hope the leg gets better soon and is not too painful. The sun has got his hay on!!
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:51 pm

Thanks. My mind is turning to jelly watching this daytime TV.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:00 pm

How many season tickets did MTFC sell the first season in The Blue Square?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ironbru » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:06 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:How many season tickets did MTFC sell the first season in The Blue Square?

All of them, I don't think any were given away for free
ironbru
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:58 pm

ironbru wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:How many season tickets did MTFC sell the first season in The Blue Square?

Didn’t they give free season tickets away to anyone who were serving in the army. These tickets were then being used by family members when the guys were in Afghanistan. No wonder the three amigos were losing money hand over fist. :shock:
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:01 pm

ironbru wrote:

You clever old buttock cleavage!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby calvostag38 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:06 am

Got my two season tickets on Thursday, I have to have my photos re taken too. Not the girls in the ticket offices fault, they only follow orders. I live in Nottingham, surrounded by clownty and gump fans, you know the ones, the ones that think they are still European Champions, and the others, well, we know what they are. Got a chance to look at the pitch and have a chat to Mez, I've got to say our pitch, even at this early stage, looks magnificent, well done that man. I hope we can play some decent stuff on it and repay the man who has made it all possible. Is there anyone else out there who is worried about the lack of transfer activity, this close to pre season?
calvostag38
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:13 am

There's no early bird. It doesn't take a professor of season ticket sales to understand why we've only sold 1000 season tickets. People will purchase whenever it suits them over the summer. Last year's early bird gave you about a fortnight to take advantage. The club sold an initial glut and then a tiny trickle onward towards August.

My guess is they'll shift as many as last season come kick off.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:50 am

DoomMerchant wrote:There's no early bird. It doesn't take a professor of season ticket sales to understand why we've only sold 1000 season tickets. People will purchase whenever it suits them over the summer. Last year's early bird gave you about a fortnight to take advantage. The club sold an initial glut and then a tiny trickle onward towards August.

My guess is they'll shift as many as last season come kick off.

This. Still haven't got ours yet, we will be doing but as you say will be later in the summer when it suits because there is no incentive to part with the cash and gives additional time to accrue the funds.

Im sure plenty others will have taken the same view.
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Bros » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:57 am

People who've already renewed will probably have done so to guarantee the seat they want. If you wait until the end of July you may not be able to get in the section you want
Bros
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:45 am

I think the number of ST's will be down, but only reflected in those that have got QLE memberships
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:16 pm

Have the club given a definitive date from which we can have the necessary photos taken?
I am Spartacus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:14 pm

I know three supporters who have ditched their season ticket in favour of Quarry Lane End membership. They now do not have to worry if they cannot make a game etc
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:32 pm

calvostag38 wrote:Got my two season tickets on Thursday, I have to have my photos re taken too. Not the girls in the ticket offices fault, they only follow orders. I live in Nottingham, surrounded by clownty and gump fans, you know the ones, the ones that think they are still European Champions, and the others, well, we know what they are. Got a chance to look at the pitch and have a chat to Mez, I've got to say our pitch, even at this early stage, looks magnificent, well done that man. I hope we can play some decent stuff on it and repay the man who has made it all possible. Is there anyone else out there who is worried about the lack of transfer activity, this close to pre season?

Yorkshire Stag?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum