{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season Ticket Renewals - Photos

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Season Ticket Renewals - Photos

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed May 16, 2018 11:38 am

So rather than just do something efficiently like a search on all accounts not used for, say, a couple of years and then delete them the Club Administration purge the files and everyone has to make an extra journey to yet again have their photo taken again.......its a pain enough if youre local but some people live a distance away. Dont the club care about inconveniencing fans and the extra costs incurred? :x
Chrisuknottm
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Season Ticket Renewals - Photos

Postby old ram stag » Wed May 16, 2018 11:42 am

bored are you? wait till you are next in town or at the Mill for you first match.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed May 16, 2018 12:40 pm

GDPR regulations, you need to give specific consent at the time of the photo was taken.

It appears the wording when the original photo was taken didn’t include the permissions and exact wording that the GDPR regulations now require.
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby groundhoppingstag » Thu May 17, 2018 12:56 pm

Been today to purchase my Doncaster Racecourse Tickets (£350).
groundhoppingstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu May 17, 2018 2:24 pm

groundhoppingstag wrote:Been today to purchase my Doncaster Racecourse Tickets (£350).

A good day at Donny and you could have that paid off!
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu May 17, 2018 2:25 pm

part time pete wrote:GDPR regulations, you need to give specific consent at the time of the photo was taken.

It appears the wording when the original photo was taken didn’t include the permissions and exact wording that the GDPR regulations now require.

Don’t let the law get in the way of a good old rant.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Thu May 17, 2018 11:21 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:So rather than just do something efficiently like a search on all accounts not used for, say, a couple of years and then delete them the Club Administration purge the files and everyone has to make an extra journey to yet again have their photo taken again.......its a pain enough if youre local but some people live a distance away. Dont the club care about inconveniencing fans and the extra costs incurred? :x

The rules on GDPR are changing on May 25th 2018 but don't let that get in the way of an opportunity to have a good old moan
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu May 17, 2018 11:46 pm

groundhoppingstag wrote:Been today to purchase my Doncaster Racecourse Tickets (£350).

What do you get for £350?
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri May 18, 2018 7:09 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:

What do you get for £350?

You get to buy Rupert Boy :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:21 am

bellwhiff wrote:
part time pete wrote:GDPR regulations, you need to give specific consent at the time of the photo was taken.

Don’t let the law get in the way of a good old rant.

EU law, just saying :D
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:39 am

raspberry the Law!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Fri May 18, 2018 9:42 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:So rather than just do something efficiently like a search on all accounts not used for, say, a couple of years and then delete them the Club Administration purge the files and everyone has to make an extra journey to yet again have their photo taken again.......its a pain enough if youre local but some people live a distance away. Dont the club care about inconveniencing fans and the extra costs incurred? :x

I'm sure that the girls in the office arnt too happy having to do this. Changes to the law have caused it.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Thu May 24, 2018 2:25 pm

Been to pay for my ST today, and as others have said, had to fill out a form for me and the kids, again.... Instead of taking proper advice or reading the GDPR for themselves they've taken the approach to delete everything and start over. As usual with the administration at the club, they've got this totally wrong and are now wasting everyone's time! If they did take legal advice, whoever gave it clearly doesn't know anything!

Fair enough, the old photos or details might not have had specific consent, but you don't need consent to keep and process personal data where there is a legitimate interest or need to do so... Consent is just 1 of 6 possible lawful grounds for processing personal data. The main one that applies here is this - "[where] processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child."

Is there a legitimate reason for them to keep Season Ticket or Membership details, yes - so they can renew STs without making everyone waste their time!

When it comes to direct mailing about special offers etc, you would require affirmative consent for that, but not for the ticketing side of things. They should of approached that like everyone else is, with a mass email and a link to confirm you are happy to receive commercial offers etc...

I just wish sometimes the club would do things properly. Instead now I've been down today, spent time filling in 3 forms, and I still have to go back so we can all be photographed again. A total waste of everyone's time!
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Thu May 24, 2018 2:56 pm

Anyone know how many season tickets we’ve shifted? I got mine last week.
Jimstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu May 24, 2018 3:56 pm

Jimstag wrote:Anyone know how many season tickets we’ve shifted? I got mine last week.

Plenty of Racing tickets left so assume it’s under 500!
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu May 24, 2018 6:53 pm

Jamie wrote:Been to pay for my ST today, and as others have said, had to fill out a form for me and the kids, again.... Instead of taking proper advice or reading the GDPR for themselves they've taken the approach to delete everything and start over. As usual with the administration at the club, they've got this totally wrong and are now wasting everyone's time! If they did take legal advice, whoever gave it clearly doesn't know anything!

Fair enough, the old photos or details might not have had specific consent, but you don't need consent to keep and process personal data where there is a legitimate interest or need to do so... Consent is just 1 of 6 possible lawful grounds for processing personal data. The main one that applies here is this - "[where] processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child."

Is there a legitimate reason for them to keep Season Ticket or Membership details, yes - so they can renew STs without making everyone waste their time!

When it comes to direct mailing about special offers etc, you would require affirmative consent for that, but not for the ticketing side of things. They should of approached that like everyone else is, with a mass email and a link to confirm you are happy to receive commercial offers etc...

I just wish sometimes the club would do things properly. Instead now I've been down today, spent time filling in 3 forms, and I still have to go back so we can all be photographed again. A total waste of everyone's time!
Jamie I hope you are having a rant at all the E mails you are probably receiving regarding GDPR or are you just restricting it to MTFC ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu May 24, 2018 7:05 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Jamie wrote:Been to pay for my ST today, and as others have said, had to fill out a form for me and the kids, again.... Instead of taking proper advice or reading the GDPR for themselves they've taken the approach to delete everything and start over. As usual with the administration at the club, they've got this totally wrong and are now wasting everyone's time! If they did take legal advice, whoever gave it clearly doesn't know anything!

Jamie I hope you are having a rant at all the E mails you are probably receiving regarding GDPR or are you just restricting it to MTFC ?

He loves a good rant!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Fri May 25, 2018 1:57 pm

I've no problem with the GDPR emails where they are needed and appropriate I run a web company so I've helped a number of businesses do them.

My rant was at the fact the club clearly doesn't understand the legislation which in turn is now wasting everyone's time.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri May 25, 2018 2:02 pm

Unlike Jamie to have a pop at the club.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Fri May 25, 2018 2:38 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Unlike Jamie to have a pop at the club.

Unlike you to have a pop at me...

It's a valid moan. If you don't like it, you know what to do.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri May 25, 2018 2:47 pm

Jamie wrote:I've no problem with the GDPR emails where they are needed and appropriate I run a web company so I've helped a number of businesses do them.

My rant was at the fact the club clearly doesn't understand the legislation which in turn is now wasting everyone's time.

Well in that case Jamie, perhaps as a supporter of the club, you ought to be advising them rather than criticising them.

I've had problems with a company trying to sort out GDPR. A lot of businesses are having problems understanding the legislation.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri May 25, 2018 5:52 pm

Jamie, don’t forget to smile when your photo is taken. Don’t let this thread make you frown for the camera.
I am Spartacus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jamie » Mon May 28, 2018 7:43 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Jamie wrote:I've no problem with the GDPR emails where they are needed and appropriate I run a web company so I've helped a number of businesses do them.

Well in that case Jamie, perhaps as a supporter of the club, you ought to be advising them rather than criticising them.

I've had problems with a company trying to sort out GDPR. A lot of businesses are having problems understanding the legislation.

I'm not a legal expert, just a web guy who at least had to understand it for work reasons. Its a bit late to be helping now, the damage has been done.

If anyone from the club does want any free web advice, get in touch.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby yellas-derek-yellas » Thu May 31, 2018 10:41 pm

I usually buy Early bird with excitement and anticipation but no early bird so will wait to buy mine later. When is the last date to buy season tickets?
yellas-derek-yellas
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu May 31, 2018 10:46 pm

yellas-derek-yellas wrote:I usually buy Early bird with excitement and anticipation but no early bird so will wait to buy mine later. When is the last date to buy season tickets?

there is no last date. There is a date (8 June) by which you need to buy if you want the same seat as last season.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum