{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Transfer Rumours

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Transfer Rumours

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:05 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Could he be the back up, if we don't sign Khan?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:13 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Could he be the back up, if we don't sign Khan?

Can see Khan either being used as a creative number 10 midfield man similar to Macca or out on the wing.

Out of Macca, CJ, Khan and Kiwomya... two or three will be primarily wingers and the other two most likely macca and khan used as creative attacking midfielders... good competition there with Mellis and keeps all wingers on their feet.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:23 pm

If we sign him as well as Khan, we'll be a serious threat going forward!
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:52 am

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:12 am

Lee Angol dropping a level would be bizarre, he’s definitely got a part to play considering his decent record and the fact we only have 4 proper strikers.

He’s probably our record transfer fee, and was brought with the idea we can in the future make a tidy profit on him, it’s important we stick with him.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:16 am

Conker wrote:Lee Angol dropping a level would be bizarre, he’s definitely got a part to play considering his decent record and the fact we only have 4 proper strikers.

He’s probably our record transfer fee, and was brought with the idea we can in the future make a tidy profit on him, it’s important we stick with him.

I'd say it's important we get competitive game time in his legs. He would be ideal for somebody like Wrexham to sign, in the fact that he will be challenging at the right end of the division. He is still inexperienced, but does have the potential. It's probably more important this happens for the 2nd paragraph of your post.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:19 am

88BenM wrote:
Conker wrote:Lee Angol dropping a level would be bizarre, he’s definitely got a part to play considering his decent record and the fact we only have 4 proper strikers.

I'd say it's important we get competitive game time in his legs. He would be ideal for somebody like Wrexham to sign, in the fact that he will be challenging at the right end of the division. He is still inexperienced, but does have the potential. It's probably more important this happens for the 2nd paragraph of your post.

I just think he can do the business with Mansfield, plenty of games with the EFL Trophy in the first bit of the season too!
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:23 am

Bizarre in your mind but not in others, not good enough imo
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:01 am

Angol is twice the player of fan 'summer target': Miller, imo.

He definitely needs a string on starts and take his opportunity though. He's yet to prove his price tag for me
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:13 am

Angol, Davies, Rose, Walker. We need all four and they will all play a part next season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:22 am

Agreed all will play a part, like I have said on another thread you can say what you want about his attitude but some stags fans attitude towards him is shocking.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:43 pm

Conker wrote:Agreed all will play a part, like I have said on another thread you can say what you want about his attitude but some stags fans attitude towards him is shocking.

Agreed, getting behind the lad would be a radical concept.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:02 pm

All the players should be backed until they are no longer at the club.

Some of the abuse Lee Angol gets at the age of 23 is dam right disgraceful.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:33 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:All the players should be backed until they are no longer at the club.

Some of the abuse Lee Angol gets at the age of 23 is dam right disgraceful.

Absolutely right.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:50 pm

Angol seems to get far more (undeserved) support than I can remember any other non producing players have.
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:57 pm

The lad has got bags of potential but at times he is his own worst enemy. His attitude stinks at times, if he gets his head down and takes his chances, will be a top player. Hope he gets his chance.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:08 pm

I think Angol has lots of potential and agree his treatment is unacceptable. How do you know his attitude stinks - do you know him?
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:09 pm

PRL13 wrote:Angol seems to get far more (undeserved) support than I can remember any other non producing players have.

If a player isn't producing and isn't playing well why does that mean you can slate him??

He's playing for our club, support him even its "undeserved"... Surely it makes more sense to get behind a lad who's having a bad game or run of games, give him some confidence and get him firing.

some of our "support" is a complete joke.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:12 pm

The reports of him clubbing in Nottingham in the early hours prior to our final game didn't do him any favours.

If they were true (and most seem to think they were). It was inexcusable behaviour before any game let alone our most important game of the season.

Commitment gets respect but poor behaviour shortens the slack.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:13 pm

yorkstag wrote:I think Angol has lots of potential and agree his treatment is unacceptable. How do you know his attitude stinks - do you know him?

There are times where he looks like he can cause problems and show what a real talent he is. At times in games, his would some times drop and not look interested. Now I am not fully putting the blame on Lee, as Steve was a bad man manager with players and didn’t play to his strengths. Could see a different player, with Flitcroft saying he sees potential in him.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:36 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:
yorkstag wrote:I think Angol has lots of potential and agree his treatment is unacceptable. How do you know his attitude stinks - do you know him?

There are times where he looks like he can cause problems and show what a real talent he is. At times in games, his would some times drop and not look interested. Now I am not fully putting the blame on Lee, as Steve was a bad man manager with players and didn’t play to his strengths. Could see a different player, with Flitcroft saying he sees potential in him.

Unlikely though. Not seen anything to suggest this will happen. He's got talent but his attitude isn't right, we've seen both sides of his game. And yes i hope he does well. Of course i want all mtfc players to do well. Just dont see it happening. To a certain ilk of stagsnet posters, this opinion means i dont support the club, apparently!
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:31 pm

We might be surprised by some of the Steve Evans players who were not great hits last season. Sometimes it takes a player a season at a new club to bed in.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:38 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:We might be surprised by some of the Steve Evans players who were not great hits last season. Sometimes it takes a player a season at a new club to bed in.

And also different managers get different responses from different players. Flickers man management might have a lot better effect than SE did. It might not. But hearing some of the crap that is shouted at him from those who are supposedly there to ‘support’ him certainly isn’t going to get anything extra out of him.

As for the ‘rumours’ of him clubbing. IF he had been clubbing there would’ve been photos & videos all over social media of it happening. I haven’t seen any, has anyone else?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:50 pm

Well Sedgwick, I gave him all last season. When he first came, I watched his videos and was very impressed. Very unimpressed now. I`ve played and run teams and to some extent you learn to read players. If he becomes a player with us I `ll be pleasantly surprised, but can`t see it happening.
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:00 am

What does Angol no favours is that he was our tallest striker last season but is the biggest fanny in the world when it comes to challenging for a header.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum