{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Derby County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Derby County

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue May 15, 2018 12:08 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Yeah n'all that but who's everybody's rugby team!!?

What’s Rugby ? :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue May 15, 2018 12:10 pm

Rob wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
spanishstag wrote:No it doesnt matter to me ,i grew up in pleasley hill terraces ,never had bugger all ,lived through the miners strikes ,no not 74 but in 1970 power cuts food handouts the full raspberries im proud of where im from ,and what ive done but i just made my point ,its not splitting hairs ,why do you think theres pleasley stags its simple really

All gone and demolished now bud and replaced with a 'stunning new development'.

I used to go out with a girl who lived on Bagshaw Street. I used to walk from Berry Hill to Pleasley every weekend, she had big boobs :lol:

As a desperate teenager without a driving licence I also walked to the Notts/Derbyshire border to feel up a big busted girl.

I'll see your Berry Hill to Pleasley Rob and will raise you Debdale Lane estate to Pinxton!
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue May 15, 2018 1:24 pm

New England in Nottinghamshire 10.30pm closing

Swan in Derbyshire 11pm closing

Happy Days
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue May 15, 2018 1:38 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Yeah n'all that but who's everybody's rugby team!!?

Sarries
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue May 15, 2018 2:46 pm

SINA STAG wrote:New England in Nottinghamshire 10.30pm closing

Happy Days

Are you sure The Swan is in Derbyshire?

I thought it was The Nag and the Miners Welfare that was Derbyshire; New England, Plough, Pop Club and Swan that was Notts - though I'm no expert on acute Pleasley matters.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby oldnic » Tue May 15, 2018 2:50 pm

Just remembering, played against New England football club in the 60's, on the ground that is now the Woburn Stags complex.
oldnic
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby SINA STAG » Tue May 15, 2018 3:41 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:New England in Nottinghamshire 10.30pm closing

Happy Days

Are you sure The Swan is in Derbyshire?

I thought it was The Nag and the Miners Welfare that was Derbyshire; New England, Plough, Pop Club and Swan that was Notts - though I'm no expert on acute Pleasley matters.

Maybe the one turn left at the lights got the strange car park sorry to p issed when arriving lol

Just checked on Google Earth White Swan on Chesterfield Road just inside the border of Derbyshire
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Tue May 15, 2018 5:26 pm

White Swan in Pleasley is definitely in Notts.
Only Nag and Welfare in Derbys.
scotsstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby spanishstag » Tue May 15, 2018 8:47 pm

oldnic wrote:Just remembering, played against New England football club in the 60's, on the ground that is now the Woburn Stags complex.

Pleasley imps played there
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby 88BenM » Mon May 21, 2018 4:40 pm

Foxy wrote:Oh I comprende perfectally, SpaniardStag. The nicer part up towards the pit with the countryside trails is in Derbyshire and the arse end of it- the roughest, crappest, crime and drug infected with the Shaun of the dead looking mutants part is in Mansfield.

Is that the point you were making?

I know you're after a bite here, so I'll make it easy for you and jump up on that hook.

I'm Pleasley born and bred from the correct side of the border which runs through Meden Square, the roughest and crappest part most certainly, it was drug infected to a certain extent but the crime was next to zero, as you don't shìt on your own doorstep!
Don't pretend that Derbyshire doesn't have even worse areas than this, you've only got to drive through Birdholme or Holmehall to realise this!

What Pleasley did have was a real working class flavour. A spade is a spade, Pleasley backs for me was iconic, some amazing friends I made as a youngster and continue to this day to be great friends with dozens when almost nobody lives in that area now, we all still report back to the Pleasley boozers when we meet up. Lads and lasses that have done extremely well for themselves, all brought up on the 'Shaun of the Dead' looking side, I believe one of our club directors is also from Pleasley!

Have a drive up Woburn Rd where the new training facility is being built, on Farmilo Field. Have a look at the views which you have from that place, drink in the surroundings. All fresh Nottinghamshire air with a small smattering of coal dust on the surface. The goals that have been scored on those fields by the old New England side, ingrained in the very fabric of the land.

Pleasley is the greatest village in the world. No arguments. Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire sides included.
88BenM
First Team
First Team

Postby Conker » Mon May 21, 2018 4:59 pm

Prefer Woodhouse me Sen but yeah Pleasley is orate.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Mon May 21, 2018 6:15 pm

spanishstag wrote:No it doesnt matter to me ,i grew up in pleasley hill terraces ,never had bugger all ,lived through the miners strikes ,no not 74 but in 1970 power cuts food handouts the full raspberries im proud of where im from ,and what ive done but i just made my point ,its not splitting hairs ,why do you think theres pleasley stags its simple really

so you lived through the miners strike in 1970, but not the one in 1974.
you have a couple of years off dead, then?
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon May 21, 2018 8:31 pm

No just saying ,there was a big strike before the one in 74 ,as for saying i lived through it what i should have said is that i grew up through it ,i loved pleasley ,it made me what i am ,even when we left because the pit shut we moved to arnold so my dad could work at gedling colliery ,me and my brother were the only two stags fans in the town ,probably not many more now ,but we and a few other stags from around notts were regular fans travelling to most games especially in the late 70s and onwards in fact my twin never missed a stags game home or away for over 10 years
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby gazzert » Wed May 23, 2018 7:27 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
tibby wrote:I live in and was born in Derbyshire, watch football in Mansfield and Ice Hockey in Sheffield.

There is a massive selection of Stags fans where I live.

I’m with you in Sheffield Steeler land dude!!!

Oh no... Squeelers in with us :crazy: ... Panthers all the way :thumbup: :thumbup:
Gaz.
gazzert
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Foxy » Wed May 23, 2018 8:56 pm

Tbf that was an epic reply 88Ben
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum