{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Derby County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Derby County

Postby Foxy » Sat May 12, 2018 7:53 pm

Oh I comprende perfectally, SpaniardStag. The nicer part up towards the pit with the countryside trails is in Derbyshire and the arse end of it- the roughest, crappest, crime and drug infected with the Shaun of the dead looking mutants part is in Mansfield.

Is that the point you were making?
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat May 12, 2018 8:08 pm

No it doesnt matter to me ,i grew up in pleasley hill terraces ,never had bugger all ,lived through the miners strikes ,no not 74 but in 1970 power cuts food handouts the full raspberries im proud of where im from ,and what ive done but i just made my point ,its not splitting hairs ,why do you think theres pleasley stags its simple really
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby tibby » Sat May 12, 2018 8:13 pm

I live in and was born in Derbyshire, watch football in Mansfield and Ice Hockey in Sheffield.

There is a massive selection of Stags fans where I live.
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat May 12, 2018 8:19 pm

Well theres not a load of stags fans over here to be honest ,though ive met a couple , the sticker in my cars back window whic says on the road with mansfield town gets the odd comment ,but the best one ive had was when my car was covered in dust and some wag wrote in the dust raspberry me your lost
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Foxy » Sat May 12, 2018 8:20 pm

SpaniardStag

There's a Colchester Reds but it doesn't mean Manchester is in Essex.

Just saying.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat May 12, 2018 8:49 pm

tibby wrote:I live in and was born in Derbyshire, watch football in Mansfield and Ice Hockey in Sheffield.

There is a massive selection of Stags fans where I live.

I’m with you in Sheffield Steeler land dude!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat May 12, 2018 9:24 pm

I prefer Forest to Derby , Nottingham Panthers fan & I spend a lot of my spare time in the beautiful Peak District .
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sun May 13, 2018 7:25 am

spanishstag wrote:No it isnt ,the meden river is the border check your factsand as i lived on chesterfield road north that is definetely notts ,back to school for you boy

Correct , Nag pub side pleasley is Derbyshire over the bridge Swan pub side is Nottinghamshire ..
Billy the fish
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun May 13, 2018 7:27 am

spanishstag wrote:No it doesnt matter to me ,i grew up in pleasley hill terraces ,never had bugger all ,lived through the miners strikes ,no not 74 but in 1970 power cuts food handouts the full raspberries im proud of where im from ,and what ive done but i just made my point ,its not splitting hairs ,why do you think theres pleasley stags its simple really

All gone and demolished now bud and replaced with a 'stunning new development'.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun May 13, 2018 7:42 am

Yes i was visiting a couple of years ago and had a drive around the old place unrecognisable :o
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby MansfieldMick » Sun May 13, 2018 8:27 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Johnny H wrote:When I was a youngster (early 80's) and just getting interested in sport my dad was working abroad so I had to rely on my Grandad to take me to my first football and cricket matches.
Being a Shirebrook lad and Grandad not driving we caught the bus to Mansfield for footy and bus to chesterfield for cricket.
To this day I am a Stags fan and Derbyshire CC cricket fan.......
I do not like the Spireites or Notts CC....

Me the same from Langwith. Same bus. :)

I grew up in Pinxton, exactly the same, went to Stags on a Saturday and Queens Park on a Sunday with me dad and grandad. Still follow Derbyshire CC today. And I'm chuffed them over the M1 went down. DILLY DILLY
MansfieldMick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Barrel of the Best » Sun May 13, 2018 10:19 pm

Bent club and plastic support.

Derby in the 70's were a good club with a a strong community feel, Derby in 2018 are a far cry from that.

They've successfully shuffled their accounts around for several years under Mel Morriis using satellite businesses. They are in a legal battle with ex executive Sam Rush over financial allegations which suggests even more wrongdoings.
They manufacture the atmosphere at Pride Park handing out plastic flags, fireworks, song books...
Good attendances, when you hand out freebies with mobile phone deals and to employees at big companies like Boots, Toyota, Bombardier etc.

Don't be fooled.

If they don't go up this year they could be facing FFP, that's if they aren't internally investigated depending on the Sam Rush case.

But yeah, get them down the Mill. Hopefully they get smashed into next year.
Barrel of the Best
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Rob » Sun May 13, 2018 11:06 pm

Spiritater wrote:
spanishstag wrote:No it doesnt matter to me ,i grew up in pleasley hill terraces ,never had bugger all ,lived through the miners strikes ,no not 74 but in 1970 power cuts food handouts the full raspberries im proud of where im from ,and what ive done but i just made my point ,its not splitting hairs ,why do you think theres pleasley stags its simple really

All gone and demolished now bud and replaced with a 'stunning new development'.

I used to go out with a girl who lived on Bagshaw Street. I used to walk from Berry Hill to Pleasley every weekend, she had big boobs :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon May 14, 2018 6:54 am

Brings new meaning to saying ,i went too far,and felt a right tit
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Big yella » Mon May 14, 2018 9:52 am

Barrel of the Best wrote:Bent club and plastic support.

Derby in the 70's were a good club with a a strong community feel, Derby in 2018 are a far cry from that.

They've successfully shuffled their accounts around for several years under Mel Morriis using satellite businesses. They are in a legal battle with ex executive Sam Rush over financial allegations which suggests even more wrongdoings.
They manufacture the atmosphere at Pride Park handing out plastic flags, fireworks, song books...
Good attendances, when you hand out freebies with mobile phone deals and to employees at big companies like Boots, Toyota, Bombardier etc.

Don't be fooled.

If they don't go up this year they could be facing FFP, that's if they aren't internally investigated depending on the Sam Rush case.

That middle bit pertaining to free tickets sounds very much like Leeds. When Ken Bates took over he stopped all the freebies, gates fell by around 5,000 yet gate receipts went up by around £40,000 per game.
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon May 14, 2018 12:38 pm

Sheep fidling in Derbyshire now there's a surprise
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Mon May 14, 2018 1:42 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
spanishstag wrote:No it isnt ,the meden river is the border check your factsand as i lived on chesterfield road north that is definetely notts ,back to school for you boy

Correct , Nag pub side pleasley is Derbyshire over the bridge Swan pub side is Nottinghamshire ..

Yep, always called in Nag on a Sunday night on way home from Swan, Derbys pubs open half hour later than Notts on a Sunday in them days.
scotsstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sedgwick » Mon May 14, 2018 2:09 pm

Don't be fooled.

What a load of raspberrys, clearly a bitter forest fan.
Mel could pump money into the club and get them to the premiership easy like wolves have done but they are keeping well within FFP, christ you know nothing.
The atmosphere at Pride Park is great and its nothing to do with flags, they've had flags twice this year..... Fireworks don't get the south stand bouncing and making deafening noise for 90 mins.
As for free tickets, players and staff get them, thats it....

Idiots from Mansfield who support forest are the problem, and its because of those people I like Derby.
Sedgwick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Barrel of the Best » Mon May 14, 2018 7:52 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

Don't be fooled.

Mel could pump money into the club and get them to the premiership easy like wolves have done but they are keeping well within FFP, christ you know nothing.
The atmosphere at Pride Park is great and its nothing to do with flags, they've had flags twice this year..... Fireworks don't get the south stand bouncing and making deafening noise for 90 mins.

Idiots from Mansfield who support forest are the problem, and its because of those people I like Derby.

:lol:

What about the idiots in Mansfield that support Derby, are they okay?

You need to check your facts as well concerning the freebies they give out.

Have a read of this whilst you are at it http://priceoffootball.com/derby-county-respectable/
Barrel of the Best
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Slackythestag » Tue May 15, 2018 7:19 am

Barrel of the Best wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Don't be fooled.

Have a read of this whilst you are at it http://priceoffootball.com/derby-county-respectable/

As a Derby lad born and bred who suppports stags, I now and again watch Derby with my pals when stags are not playing.

Derby fans are one of the most loyal in the country, they get 30,000 week in week out. The club is in the best position it has been for years and as like any other football club, the chairman is pumping in loads of cash to get success and get them back in the premier league.

The atmosphere at Derby is fantastic. They have switched the home and away fans around. Now Derby fans have the whole south stand, behind the goal. Meaning the away fans are tucked away in the corner, keeping them quiet.

Derby also do very cheap season tickets, I think a season ticket is cheaper than stags! One of the pubs in the town centre runs a bus every home game to the ground and back. The club also gives out free tickets to local football clubs.

Surely Derby County having sponsorship and business deals with the likes of Toyota, Rolls Royce and Bombardier is good business and a massive income?? Doesn't John Radford do the same? :lol:

Compare Derby to Forest and Forest are miles behind as a football club in whole.
Slackythestag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue May 15, 2018 7:30 am

born a stag, die a stag
don’t give a flying fig what any other club does, never have, never will !
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Tue May 15, 2018 9:01 am

I only support two teams.Mansfield and England.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue May 15, 2018 9:28 am

Slackythestag wrote:
Barrel of the Best wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Don't be fooled.

As a Derby lad born and bred who suppports stags, I now and again watch Derby with my pals when stags are not playing.

Derby fans are one of the most loyal in the country, they get 30,000 week in week out. The club is in the best position it has been for years and as like any other football club, the chairman is pumping in loads of cash to get success and get them back in the premier league.

The atmosphere at Derby is fantastic. They have switched the home and away fans around. Now Derby fans have the whole south stand, behind the goal. Meaning the away fans are tucked away in the corner, keeping them quiet.

Derby also do very cheap season tickets, I think a season ticket is cheaper than stags! One of the pubs in the town centre runs a bus every home game to the ground and back. The club also gives out free tickets to local football clubs.

Surely Derby County having sponsorship and business deals with the likes of Toyota, Rolls Royce and Bombardier is good business and a massive income?? Doesn't John Radford do the same? :lol:

Compare Derby to Forest and Forest are miles behind as a football club in whole.

Slackythe trouble with some people on this board they don't like posts like yours that are factual they like to wind fans up with garbage or ignore posts that are sensible or to thick to think... that reads different to what I've been told or read perhaps I'm wrong....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby oldnic » Tue May 15, 2018 11:54 am

Split allegence, Shirebrook born and bred, supported Stags all my life, schooled in Chesterfield, 100 yds from Queens Park, met the Australia team early 60's, so Derbyshire my cricket team, hate the sheep.
oldnic
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue May 15, 2018 12:04 pm

Yeah n'all that but who's everybody's rugby team!!?
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum