{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Retained list

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Retained list

Postby daddycool » Mon May 14, 2018 9:37 pm

Rob wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:It's the doing a bunk after spending the family silver that many are peeved about. Stinks to me like someone who wasn't convinced that it was wisely spent.

Correct, some appear not to get it, they will when the coffers are empty. We all most likely know a lot more about football than JR, so he clearly trusted Evans given his track record and backed him. Evans rewarded him with an over paid squad and legging it at the first opportunity he got - the fact some are making excuses for him is astonishing. Jamie has no complaints against Evans over this massive waste of money, not a shock when you consider he had none against Haslam either :lol:

I freely admit to despising Evans but it still does not alter the fact that for all the smoke folk blow up his a1rse, the brilliant squad he brought in turned out to be mostly useless and most of our best players were ones that were already here.

On what do you base you know more about football than JR on .
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon May 14, 2018 9:52 pm

daddycool wrote:
Rob wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:It's the doing a bunk after spending the family silver that many are peeved about. Stinks to me like someone who wasn't convinced that it was wisely spent.

Correct, some appear not to get it, they will when the coffers are empty. We all most likely know a lot more about football than JR, so he clearly trusted Evans given his track record and backed him. Evans rewarded him with an over paid squad and legging it at the first opportunity he got - the fact some are making excuses for him is astonishing. Jamie has no complaints against Evans over this massive waste of money, not a shock when you consider he had none against Haslam either :lol:

I freely admit to despising Evans but it still does not alter the fact that for all the smoke folk blow up his a1rse, the brilliant squad he brought in turned out to be mostly useless and most of our best players were ones that were already here.

On what do you base you know more about football than JR on .

Because he's a ref. They're all knowing you know. It doesn't matter that JR has been a fan like the rest of us and watched the game since five or six like the rest of us. It wont matter to what standard he has played. It doesn't even matter that he has owned and run a professional club for almost 8 years now, Rob is a ref he knows.
Who needs a Dutchman, when we've got Holland.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon May 14, 2018 10:30 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:spoke to a manager of a league one club yesterday ref his thoughts at the mill and what he thought went wrong here,
here goes “ Evans & Flickcrofts are different ends of the spectrum in relation to day to day management and set up of teams and tactics, the players in the building were brought in to play a certain way for Evans, without a TX window, Flickcroft was knackered”
btw he did say we are well rid and DF is a good footballing man & will given time be a success here Grrrr.......time will tell i guess lol

That's what some of us have been suggesting for a while, Yorkie. Funny that! :P

Love or loathe, DF is here to stay. Football is littered with examples of when a manager is given time to implement his style, and with the support of the fans, they can often be very successful. We're yet to see this, but with half a chance I think DF can.
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Mon May 14, 2018 11:00 pm

Let's get one thing straight regarding Evans.He left simply because he was offered the only job apart from Celtic he would have left us for.Peterborough is his hometown club that is why he left.He has lived there for 30 years and has in that time supported them.Pretty sure if he had stayed here we would at the worst been in the playoffs.Flitcroft is a different type of manager to Evans but imo he will get us promoted.I expect an apology from the doubters such as Yorkie and many more who have been unjustly slagging him off.We will know this time next season.COYS.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon May 14, 2018 11:15 pm

geoffhill wrote:Let's get one thing straight regarding Evans.He left simply because he was offered the only job apart from Celtic he would have left us for.Peterborough is his hometown club that is why he left.He has lived there for 30 years and has in that time supported them.Pretty sure if he had stayed here we would at the worst been in the playoffs.Flitcroft is a different type of manager to Evans but imo he will get us promoted.I expect an apology from the doubters such as Yorkie and many more who have been unjustly slagging him off.We will know this time next season.COYS.

Or so he said. If any team offered more he would have gone. He is mercenary and economic with the truth, on this he was caught out on a few occasions.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue May 15, 2018 6:28 am

geoffhill wrote:Let's get one thing straight regarding Evans.He left simply because he was offered the only job apart from Celtic he would have left us for.Peterborough is his hometown club that is why he left.He has lived there for 30 years and has in that time supported them.Pretty sure if he had stayed here we would at the worst been in the playoffs.Flitcroft is a different type of manager to Evans but imo he will get us promoted.I expect an apology from the doubters such as Yorkie and many more who have been unjustly slagging him off.We will know this time next season.COYS.
It will be interesting to see how long he stays with Peterborough.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue May 15, 2018 6:34 am

Swindon have offered Phil Brown a two year contract, despite poor results at the end of last season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Im not the real OND » Tue May 15, 2018 7:04 am

He left us to go to the Middle East. Another dream job...
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby geoffhill » Tue May 15, 2018 8:56 am

When did he go to the Middle East?
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue May 15, 2018 8:58 am

geoffhill wrote:When did he go to the Middle East?

Evans said he'd had a job offer from the middle East if I'm not wrong, then he said he rang up Barry fry for posh tickets and he offered him a job over the phone or so I'm led to believe.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue May 15, 2018 9:35 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Evans said he'd had a job offer from the middle East if I'm not wrong, then he said he rang up Barry fry for posh tickets and he offered him a job over the phone or so I'm led to believe.

He meant Middle East Anglia
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue May 15, 2018 9:37 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:

I think reports of this got mixed up, when they said Middle East they meant East Midlands ;)

Anything Evans said needs to be taken with enough salt to melt the polar icecaps.

Interesting that Brown has been given a 2 year contract at Swindon - their owner must know less about football than ours! :P
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:27 am

Evans is a disgrace!
PRL13
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Grendon Stag » Tue May 15, 2018 10:44 am

Keep up Geoff, was you asleep when he announced his resignation to take up a position abroad that he had been offered before but the timing was never right then 24hrs later he was paraded in front of the media as Peterborough manager.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby The One » Tue May 15, 2018 10:48 am

Grendon Stag wrote:

Keep up Geoff, was you asleep when he announced his resignation to take up a position abroad that he had been offered before but the timing was never right then 24hrs later he was paraded in front of the media as Peterborough manager.

And sat peterboro night game day he resigned
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue May 15, 2018 11:59 am

Posh-El-Shiek.
Bottom of the Qatar Conference. Third only behind Celtic and Peterborough as clubs the dinner usurper would walk over red hot desert sands to sign for.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed May 16, 2018 1:20 pm

I'll await those apologies to Flitcroft.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed May 16, 2018 1:23 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

I'll await those apologies to Flitcroft.

Think this was tied up weeks ago
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Wed May 16, 2018 1:25 pm

Course it was, he was going to be offered a new deal but had a chance to play at a higher level. Fair play to him and good luck. Shame its under evans but hey ho
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed May 16, 2018 1:28 pm

Most of us knew that, but if you look back there were pages of people saying that Flitcroft released him because he didn't rate him.

Including people saying the club would have said that in the statement if that was the case.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Wed May 16, 2018 1:39 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Most of us knew that, but if you look back there were pages of people saying that Flitcroft released him because he didn't rate him.

Including people saying the club would have said that in the statement if that was the case.

Technically he was released, but only because he didnt want to play for us any longer. Commitment to the cause and all that
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed May 16, 2018 1:42 pm

Bennett and Tafazolli gone to Peterborough for free, both should of been six figure fees if under contract.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed May 16, 2018 1:43 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Most of us knew that, but if you look back there were pages of people saying that Flitcroft released him because he didn't rate him.

Technically he was released, but only because he didnt want to play for us any longer. Commitment to the cause and all that

I understand he was technically released, but my point is that if it was down to the club, they would've kept him.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Wed May 16, 2018 1:44 pm

Real shame that Peterborough have shafted us again, because if he'd signed a contract, Pboro would have to pay a fee, funny that, no tapping up involved at all of course...
1970Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby PRL13 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:54 pm

Apologies to Flitcroft, but it would be nice to know what`s happening. For free? Why are we letting them have any of our players whilst he is there?
PRL13
Youth Team
Youth Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum