{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Coventry v Morecambe...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Coventry v Morecambe...

Postby Random Hero » Tue May 08, 2018 2:15 pm

Under investigation by the EFL.

Obviously wouldn't help us either way, but might be a tiny glimmer of hope of a reprieve for Barnet.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Re: Coventry v Morecambe...

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue May 08, 2018 2:17 pm

did anyone see the 2 Morecambe players just passing it to each other for about a minute? :lol:

what's it being investigated for?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue May 08, 2018 2:21 pm

Could do if they're docked points. Highly unlikely but you never know.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Tue May 08, 2018 2:24 pm

Sky Sports News probably didn't help when they announced to the world that for the last ten minutes both teams have been 'passing it around on the half way line' :lol:

In fairness I reckon they are entitled to both play for a draw. A bit sheit of them, but they've got the points over 45 games to do that.

But if they colluded beforehand, that's a different matter...
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue May 08, 2018 2:32 pm

Coventry have previous. Under Chinny Hill they engineered a late kick off that allowed them & whoever it was they were pkaying to have a kick around for 20 minutes & ensure Sunderland went down.

The Mackems have been bearing that grudge since 1976. :lol:
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue May 08, 2018 2:33 pm

It’s blatant match fixing. Apparently the Coventry fans weren’t happy with it.

Be a fine for both sides I’d imagine and that’ll be that.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue May 08, 2018 3:12 pm

To be honest any team in the same situation would do the same thing, I'd have expected us to do the same if the roles were reversed. Not to do it would just be stupid. I'm afraid it's just tough luck for Barnet, moaning about 1 game out of 46.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue May 08, 2018 4:05 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:To be honest any team in the same situation would do the same thing, I'd have expected us to do the same if the roles were reversed. Not to do it would just be stupid. I'm afraid it's just tough luck for Barnet, moaning about 1 game out of 46.

We'd have managed to lose. :lol:
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Tue May 08, 2018 4:09 pm

Sneag wrote:Coventry have previous. Under Chinny Hill they engineered a late kick off that allowed them & whoever it was they were pkaying to have a kick around for 20 minutes & ensure Sunderland went down.

The Mackems have been bearing that grudge since 1976. :lol:

Long memories up there... :lol:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/coventry.1429802/

Coventry fans very unhappy on their forum too, apparently it was like a testimonial.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue May 08, 2018 4:16 pm

Random Hero wrote:Under investigation by the EFL.

Obviously wouldn't help us either way, but might be a tiny glimmer of hope of a reprieve for Barnet.

No its not. can't find this anywhere.
Sedgwick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Random Hero » Tue May 08, 2018 4:55 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Random Hero wrote:Under investigation by the EFL.

No its not. can't find this anywhere.

It's on a Morecambe fan forum and on Bob's Board (for some reason).

Fair play, not a reliable source, but two different ones at least. Wait and see what happens I guess.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:43 pm

Dock them both points so Morecambe get relegated and Coventry lose out on play-offs spot.

Would set a precedent and no team would think about doing it again if its blatant and they know the consequences.

Only gutted I didn't put money on it being 0-0 :lol:
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue May 08, 2018 8:52 pm

West Germany v Austria was the only game I remember in the World Cup WG needed a win n Austria not to lose by 4 for Iran to be knocked out ....

Classic time wasting at its best take a.look on you tube
Last edited by SINA STAG on Tue May 08, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue May 08, 2018 8:55 pm

fake news on Bob's Board. Who'd have believed it :lol:
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby chip63 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:22 am

Sneag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:To be honest any team in the same situation would do the same thing, I'd have expected us to do the same if the roles were reversed. Not to do it would just be stupid. I'm afraid it's just tough luck for Barnet, moaning about 1 game out of 46.

Totally agree we would of scored an own goal :D

Regards the Barnet out of 46 games I think the new manager reduced it from 10 points behind in 10 games.
I see akindee is up for sale too.

:coys:

I keep saying it but 17 crosses average per game and not scoring three or even two is not any managers fault.

Not providing any crosses or chances is the managers fault.

:coys
chip63
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Wed May 09, 2018 10:09 am

Well done to both of them, it's their prerogative on how to play the game, and if a point suited them both then happy days.

It's when folk say sides should always play their strongest sides - well no, it's upto the manager to do that who manages the side and has signed the players (obviously only some of them usually).
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Im not the real OND » Wed May 09, 2018 10:26 am

chip63 wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Totally agree we would of scored an own goal :D

Regards the Barnet out of 46 games I think the new manager reduced it from 10 points behind in 10 games.
I see akindee is up for sale too.

:coys:

I keep saying it but 17 crosses average per game and not scoring three or even two is not any managers fault.

Not providing any crosses or chances is the managers fault.

:coys

Crossing the ball from wide areas is probably the least efficient way of scoring a goal. I'm quoting stats from a few years ago but, a team would find a teammate (not necessarily a shot on target let alone scoring a goal) from a cross between 15-25% of the time. So based on those stats, if we had 17 crosses, we are only likely to find a man in amber on 4 occasions.

Crossing looks good and looks as though we are putting pressure on but actually crossing is just a quick way of giving the ball back to the opposition. Unless you have a dominant forward like Andy Carroll stood in the box waiting for it, which we don't, crosses are wasted in this team. Looks good but very rarely achieves anything.

Next in my series of 'looks good but rarely achieves anything' - cross field passes. :lol:
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed May 09, 2018 10:47 am

I refer more to "we concede goals time and again down the wings" "our defending at home is often abysmal, they can walk the ball into the net at times" "our record at home is dreadful" - those types of comments. Swindon fans will see things differently like seemingly some of our fans do.

They also noted that he had a tendency to drop really deep un-necessarily at the death and concede soft equalisers.

I've seen him employ the long ball regularly as well as passing it (the latter more so against Port Vale and Crawley).

Maybe we might have forwards who want to play for him/score goals - can't see DR being here next season for a start given his past with DF and his form of late
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum