{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

John Radford's speech at end of season dinner

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: John Radford's speech at end of season dinner

Postby Sneag » Wed May 09, 2018 8:54 pm

adamstag wrote:
dave E stag wrote:
Dave C wrote:True. But for how long should we live off that?

Stags Net plumbs to new depths...this has to be a wind up...if not OMG

Agreed. Whereas the board should always be open to question here and at every other club, if Dave c wishes to see what things were like before he was involved maybe he could message Steve hyenas who helped to keep the club running, or when we didn’t have a youth academy, or where we had to close sections of the ground.

Should he wish to go any further back and he should visit bobs board - they’re going through what we were under haslam. It’s beggars belief

Steve Hyenas? Predictive text Adam? :lol:
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed May 09, 2018 8:57 pm

adamstag wrote:
dave E stag wrote:

Agreed. Whereas the board should always be open to question here and at every other club, if Dave c wishes to see what things were like before he was involved maybe he could message Steve hyenas who helped to keep the club running, or when we didn’t have a youth academy, or where we had to close sections of the ground.

Should he wish to go any further back and he should visit bobs board - they’re going through what we were under haslam. It’s beggars belief

Sorry for the :D :D :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave C » Wed May 09, 2018 9:47 pm

Quick reminder
12 games to go and in a great position in the table.
12 games later not even in the playoffs.

If not JR is not responsible, then who is and why?
If you would listen to more bull-shit before you walk out, then more fool you.
Dave C
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed May 09, 2018 9:52 pm

Dave C wrote:Quick reminder

Yawn
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Wed May 09, 2018 9:52 pm

Dave C wrote:Quick reminder

The man has put goodness knows how many millions into our unfashionable club so stop being an ungrateful strawberry. As much as I would like Flipflop replaced I can understand why he was given the job.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed May 09, 2018 10:28 pm

OK Dave - nip off to TSB tomorrow lunchtime, get your £87.50 out and do some damage with your signings! :P

Seriously though chief, book your summer break with a trip to Reality Land. Always easy to spend money that isn't ours. JR has backed DF and I will stand by that.
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed May 09, 2018 10:29 pm

Sneag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
dave E stag wrote:

Steve Hyenas? Predictive text Adam? :lol:

Lol. Oops. That made me laugh.

Sorry Steve, hope you’re not too offended :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Thu May 10, 2018 4:23 pm

A very long time .
MOTG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MOTG » Thu May 10, 2018 4:32 pm

MOTG wrote:

A very long time .

The Radford's and others have worked remarkabley hard to get this club to where it is today. Let's not forget that
MOTG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu May 10, 2018 5:19 pm

abc wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
The One wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:475 664 2000

Please stop the nonsense posts .

He'll never post again!!!

Fingers crossed !

Nonsense?

A clue: Jerome K Jerome
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu May 10, 2018 5:53 pm

The answer: Stop the nonsense number posts please.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu May 10, 2018 5:53 pm

Looks like JR is going to have to get the cheque book out again, judging by that retained list.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu May 10, 2018 5:57 pm

Sneag wrote:Looks like JR is going to have to get the cheque book out again, judging by that retained list.

What is your valuation of players on transfer list?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu May 10, 2018 6:30 pm

The One wrote:The answer: Stop the nonsense number posts please.

Sorry you didn’t get it.

I won’t do it again
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu May 10, 2018 9:18 pm

The One wrote:
Sneag wrote:Looks like JR is going to have to get the cheque book out again, judging by that retained list.

What is your valuation of players on transfer list?

I would expect them to be sold cheap or on free to get them off the wage bill.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat May 12, 2018 11:45 am

Just to return briefly to a subject from earlier in the thread and another thread too .. I had based some comments I made about style of play employed by Swindon on the following set of quotes pasted onto Stagsnet from Swindon fans:

“Large number of our fans would drive him up to Mansfield themselves. The football has been horrendous to watch, especially at home.”
“Dreadful football. Some of it has been truly shocking. Doesn’t come across as likeable. Too much nonsensical psycho babble in his interviews. Tends to bear a grudge with certain players. No future beyond L2 with him in charge”
“Plus the dull football at Swindon explains why Flitcroft’s departure has been overwhelmingly accepted here. Honestly, guys he’s a bang it down the channels, hoof it from the back manager”

I thought I’d delve further to see if there was any context I was missing.

Imagine my surprise to find that all 3 quotes above regarding style of play (hoofball) were from the same person on onefootballforum.co.uk. A poster who appears to be pretty angry about everything. We’ve seen some posters like that on here!

It’s a bit like taking a series of quotes from one of the angry posters on here on one of his favourite topics from different posts and somehow quoting them as though they are representative of the entire fanbase.

Perhaps it was my fault for not understanding the context on which the comments from Swindon were pasted.

Anyway I delved a bit further, looking at the main Swindon messageboard. There are certainly posters critical of the style of football, though it’s not a unanimous view from what I read, and others mitigating that they realised they were unused to League Two football at Swindon and more used to Paulo di Canio’s style. Perhaps a case of being expectant of better, as bobbystagsfan pointed out.

Other stuff from the Swindon fans certainly rings true, as I had also commented on and agreed with, such as reference to poor home form, and tending to sit back on a lead too early in a game, both of which we have witnessed at Mansfield.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby part time pete » Sat May 12, 2018 11:55 am

If you remember the match at Swindon, Martin, we were camped in their half all second half but couldn't score or looked like scoring but the relief from their fans at full time was obvious.

Proper Flitcroft tactics of sitting too deep all second half.
We might win against Accrington next time, if we ever play them again.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat May 12, 2018 11:55 am

Exactly Martin. Never read too much in to what you read on forums.

I disagree that his football is terrible.
I disagree that he hoofs it in to channels.
I disagree that he comes across as unlikable.
I disagree that he's boring.
Obviously the home form has been catastrophic, but mainly due to our stinking attempts at goalscoring.

The only thing that really grinds my gears has been his wholesale changing things in March and the hair pulling insistence on sitting back on a lead.

If I was a visiting fan reading Stagsnet I'd read certain prolific posters and determine that supporting Mansfield Town is akin to nailing your ballbag to the cobbles of Red Square.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Sat May 12, 2018 1:31 pm

Radders doesn't seem to be making any use at all of his supposed connections at Doncaster Rovers.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sat May 12, 2018 2:03 pm

I've never seen a more cowardly phrase in football supporting than 'I hope I'm wrong' - what it essentially means is that 'I don't like what's going on, so (as I'm an expert in football) I'm going to sit here in judgement and if it fails then I'll attribute it to knowing what I'm talking about - even though it's a one in two chance - and if I'm wrong then I'll still be happy because me being wrong will mean that we've done well', so I cant lose. It's essentially like betting on the other team so that you're happy with the outcome either way. When we got up from the Conference there were a few 'apologies to Paul Cox, you proved me wrong about you' posts from the 'I hope I'm wrong' brigade, which when hiding behind the euphoria of success and everyone not caring because they're so happy, is even more pointless. Even if does go wrong, you had no idea that it would, you've just taken a punt because you're scared of being positive about something. No-one cares if you hope you're wrong, keep it to yourself. I've absolutely no idea whether DF (like everyone else, regardless of what you think of yourself) will be a success, I wasn't particularly enamoured with the last 12 games of the season, but he's here now so why not just get behind whoever is the manager, and see what happens?
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Expat Stag » Sat May 12, 2018 3:40 pm

Intelligent fan with no opinion sh!its down on common average fans with flawed opinions.

What a knobhead post. At the very least disguise your dripping contempt with a bit of humour.
Hope I'm wrong
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat May 12, 2018 4:01 pm

Well nobody can say that my colours are not nailed firmly to the flitcroft mast :coys:
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Jamie » Sat May 12, 2018 4:15 pm

Marky Mark wrote:I've never seen a more cowardly phrase in football supporting than 'I hope I'm wrong' - what it essentially means is that 'I don't like what's going on, so (as I'm an expert in football) I'm going to sit here in judgement and if it fails then I'll attribute it to knowing what I'm talking about - even though it's a one in two chance - and if I'm wrong then I'll still be happy because me being wrong will mean that we've done well', so I cant lose. It's essentially like betting on the other team so that you're happy with the outcome either way. When we got up from the Conference there were a few 'apologies to Paul Cox, you proved me wrong about you' posts from the 'I hope I'm wrong' brigade, which when hiding behind the euphoria of success and everyone not caring because they're so happy, is even more pointless. Even if does go wrong, you had no idea that it would, you've just taken a punt because you're scared of being positive about something. No-one cares if you hope you're wrong, keep it to yourself. I've absolutely no idea whether DF (like everyone else, regardless of what you think of yourself) will be a success, I wasn't particularly enamoured with the last 12 games of the season, but he's here now so why not just get behind whoever is the manager, and see what happens?

Sorry Mark that is nonsense. For me when i say 'i hope im wrong' Its nothing quite so contrived. If im saying i dont think the so and so is any good, its because thats what i think. People are allowed to have negative thoughts or be concerned at what they see. Adding i hope im wrong is because im genuinely a fan who wants to see us do well, even if it means im proved wrong.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat May 12, 2018 5:02 pm

Marky Mark wrote:I've never seen a more cowardly phrase in football supporting than 'I hope I'm wrong' - what it essentially means is that 'I don't like what's going on, so (as I'm an expert in football) I'm going to sit here in judgement and if it fails then I'll attribute it to knowing what I'm talking about - even though it's a one in two chance - and if I'm wrong then I'll still be happy because me being wrong will mean that we've done well', so I cant lose. It's essentially like betting on the other team so that you're happy with the outcome either way. When we got up from the Conference there were a few 'apologies to Paul Cox, you proved me wrong about you' posts from the 'I hope I'm wrong' brigade, which when hiding behind the euphoria of success and everyone not caring because they're so happy, is even more pointless. Even if does go wrong, you had no idea that it would, you've just taken a punt because you're scared of being positive about something. No-one cares if you hope you're wrong, keep it to yourself. I've absolutely no idea whether DF (like everyone else, regardless of what you think of yourself) will be a success, I wasn't particularly enamoured with the last 12 games of the season, but he's here now so why not just get behind whoever is the manager, and see what happens?

That's raspberrys Mark. Fourth Division football fans spend most of their lives 'hoping they're wrong' because we spend most of our lives knowing damn well the team we love is going to be at the very best mediocre 50%, utter raspberry 40% of the time and 10% we get our wish, we're wrong and the team gives us a golden season to tide us over for the next decade of medocrity and shitedness.

The most cowardly phrase in football is 'there was contact & he's entitled to go down' when justifying the latest bit of cheating from some overpaid tattooed EPL ponce.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Expat Stag » Sat May 12, 2018 5:12 pm

It's up there with Piers Morgan explaining how catholicism works to the Pope.

English sneering snobbery in a nutshell.
Hope I'm wrong
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum