{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

John Radford's speech at end of season dinner

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

John Radford's speech at end of season dinner

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun May 06, 2018 7:45 pm

available to watch here -->
https://www.facebook.com/mansfieldtownf ... o_explicit

You should not need a facebook account to watch this.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: John Radford's speech at end of season dinner

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun May 06, 2018 8:05 pm

David Flitcroft is very lucky that JR backs his managers and is prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt. However I would like to see him accept some responsibility for the failure this season instead of just blaming Steve Evans.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun May 06, 2018 8:06 pm

Unequivocal support for the manager.

Now, pick your lips up and get behind the man because he’s here and going nowhere
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun May 06, 2018 8:20 pm

So it seems Belly.

Lets now move on, hopefully.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Never easy » Sun May 06, 2018 8:25 pm

Won’t be renewing my season ticket if mr flitcroft still in charge talks absolutely nonsense and that’s being kind !
Never easy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby sw19stag » Sun May 06, 2018 8:29 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Unequivocal support for the manager.

Now, pick your lips up and get behind the man because he’s here and going nowhere

Just for the record, how many of the last 12 games have you seen Belly?

Telling people to pick their lips up when you're getting pissed at Twickers
Pity you can't make it to Field Mill.
Laughable crap as usual from the board inbred.
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby PRL13 » Sun May 06, 2018 8:34 pm

lol.
PRL13
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby BH_Stag » Sun May 06, 2018 8:36 pm

The fact Radford is backing the manager is no surprise, he always does. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and personally I don't think this chapter will end well but it looks like we will be going with him next year now. We'll see what's in store, Flitcroft needs to get it right and start next season like a house on fire or a large portion of fans will be on his case early doors.
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Kenwood » Sun May 06, 2018 8:42 pm

Never easy wrote:Won’t be renewing my season ticket if mr flitcroft still in charge talks absolutely nonsense and that’s being kind !

Every supporter I suppose has that right however

No manager or player or owner for that matter (and we are very very lucky to have one of the best) will ever stop me renewing mine and my two lads season tickets, while ever I can afford it... and my two lads still want to go to the football with their dad.. :)

MTID
Kenwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Sun May 06, 2018 8:44 pm

sw19stag wrote:

You’re so funny. You’re actually a funny bloke. My point, you amoeba, is that the chairman has made his call. He’s the one putting the cash up, not some loser wazzer like you pumping balls on here.

What I do with my time and my money is up to me. FYI I had a mint day yesterday. Met up with my military brothers and sisters. They value loyalty and they understand leadership.

So, like I said, Dierdre. Suck it up. JR speaks, you have to listen.

Bye, loser.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun May 06, 2018 8:50 pm

Never easy wrote:Won’t be renewing my season ticket if mr flitcroft still in charge talks absolutely nonsense and that’s being kind !

So the dummy's been thrown out the pram! Good job the majority of Stags fans can see the bigger picture.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun May 06, 2018 8:51 pm

Dont do it then now do one
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun May 06, 2018 8:52 pm

BH_Stag wrote:The fact Radford is backing the manager is no surprise, he always does. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and personally I don't think this chapter will end well but it looks like we will be going with him next year now. We'll see what's in store, Flitcroft needs to get it right and start next season like a house on fire or a large portion of fans will be on his case early doors.

Of course he needs to get it right. We all want him to get it right for goodness sake.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun May 06, 2018 8:53 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
sw19stag wrote:

You’re so funny. You’re actually a funny bloke. My point, you amoeba, is that the chairman has made his call. He’s the one putting the cash up, not some loser wazzer like you pumping balls on here.

What I do with my time and my money is up to me. FYI I had a mint day yesterday. Met up with my military brothers and sisters. They value loyalty and they understand leadership.

Bye, loser.

Well thats put him in his place infact a belmeresqe moment
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby BH_Stag » Sun May 06, 2018 8:54 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
sw19stag wrote:

Bye, loser.

Why do you act like this on nearly every post you make? It's actually embarrassing you find the need to go off like that at someone who just has a different opinion to you, need to get a grip.
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BH_Stag » Sun May 06, 2018 8:56 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:The fact Radford is backing the manager is no surprise, he always does. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and personally I don't think this chapter will end well but it looks like we will be going with him next year now. We'll see what's in store, Flitcroft needs to get it right and start next season like a house on fire or a large portion of fans will be on his case early doors.

Of course he needs to get it right. We all want him to get it right for goodness sake.

The point I'm trying to make is after the absolute disaster of his first 12 games he's not going to be afforded much time next season by many.
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun May 06, 2018 8:59 pm

THEN YOURE NOT A REAL FAN (as many on here have suspected, having read some of your drivel)

Toddle off.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun May 06, 2018 9:01 pm

The way some people are acting on here is as if they think it's DF mission to ruin the club.

For goodness sake, he originally said how welcoming the club was. For some they can't wait to get rid of him.

No one has said or implied he's done a good job. We are ALL bitterly disappointed how things have turned out. JR is backing DF that's good enough for me.

If some don't want to renew their season ticket or not attend games then that's up to them. But if that's the case to me they are not Stags fans.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun May 06, 2018 9:06 pm

He's probably going for the QLE offer as it's cheaper :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Sun May 06, 2018 9:06 pm

Agree that we need to allow him his chance but the signs don’t look good and he failed badly with what WAS NOT mission impossible
He will have 10 to 15 games to prove himself and then he will surely be out
Worried it could be mediocre season but I back JR to the hilt
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun May 06, 2018 9:08 pm

Listed to JR. Fair play to him. It's his train set and he makes the call. I hope its right. I'm grateful for everything he's done / doing, but im also sure he'll respect the right of people to question or have a view on what happens.

I've said enough about DF now, the decision has been made, ill be right behind him next season or at least until the retained list is out and i have something new to moan about :)

No point carrying on the negativity now. He gets a fresh start and we go again.

COYS
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun May 06, 2018 9:10 pm

Amber Andy wrote:The way some people are acting on here is as if they think it's DF mission to ruin the club.

For goodness sake, he originally said how welcoming the club was. For some they can't wait to get rid of him.

No one has said or implied he's done a good job. We are ALL bitterly disappointed how things have turned out. JR is backing DF that's good enough for me.

If some don't want to renew their season ticket or not attend games then that's up to them. But if that's the case to me they are not Stags fans.

Obviously nobody thinks he wants to ruin the club (appreciate you're exaggerating), I think there's just a portion of fans that think we should just accept it's not worked out - it happens, not every decision in business is always right, sometimes you've just got to suck it up and move on. That doesn't mean Flitcrofts intentions are wrong, or he won't do well elsewhere in the future because he might well be capable, but sometimes things just aren't a good fit. That happens to be my thinking based on what we've seen from his tenure at the club so far and I think there's plenty of reasoning to back that opinion up.
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun May 06, 2018 9:11 pm

Jamie wrote:Listed to JR. Fair play to him. It's his train set and he makes the call. I hope its right. I'm grateful for everything he's done / doing, but im also sure he'll respect the right of people to question or have a view on what happens.

I've said enough about DF now, the decision has been made, ill be right behind him next season or at least until the retained list is out and i have something new to moan about :)

COYS

MTFC might be a “train set” but that’s better than the “cowboy outfit” just up the A617 !
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun May 06, 2018 9:14 pm

Jamie wrote:Listed to JR. Fair play to him. It's his train set and he makes the call. I hope its right. I'm grateful for everything he's done / doing, but im also sure he'll respect the right of people to question or have a view on what happens.

COYS

Absolutely, he's the man, David Flitcrofts Barmy army!
Mr Grimsdale
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Never easy » Sun May 06, 2018 9:15 pm

Toddle off like it !!! What many suspects on here ? You no nothing about me so do yourself a favour and keep the insults to yourself mate ok ?
Never easy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum