{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Re: Portugal - change of venue,opponent and time

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Portugal pre season

Postby whipster221073 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:00 pm

It's a shame that the club organise these so late in the day.
With the way summer holidays are priced nowadays, anyone with any sense books pre Christmas for the following year before the prices start to rise dramatically (if money allows of course).

That means that holiday options are reduced as not all of us can get the time off for another trip like this.

It would be great to have a small weekend trip to somewhere like Scotland or Cornwall as many other side's do or to have something arranged well in advance of most of us booking our summer hols.
I suppose it's just one of those things where it appears these types of trips are for the select few in the know or those who have ability to take extra holidays at fairly short notice.

Even the Malta trip was confirmed quite late and then match dates even later. These things must be hard to organise but it would be nice to see the club try a little harder.
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Thu May 10, 2018 6:16 am

whipster221073 wrote:It's a shame that the club organise these so late in the day.
With the way summer holidays are priced nowadays, anyone with any sense books pre Christmas for the following year before the prices start to rise dramatically (if money allows of course).

That means that holiday options are reduced as not all of us can get the time off for another trip like this.

It would be great to have a small weekend trip to somewhere like Scotland or Cornwall as many other side's do or to have something arranged well in advance of most of us booking our summer hols.
I suppose it's just one of those things where it appears these types of trips are for the select few in the know or those who have ability to take extra holidays at fairly short notice.

Even the Malta trip was confirmed quite late and then match dates even later. These things must be hard to organise but it would be nice to see the club try a little harder.

Whilst I agree with your post regarding the lateness of this announcement, I don't agree that somewhere in Scotland or Cornwall would have been better. It is probably cheaper to fly to Portugal and stop there than it is to find a decent accommodation in the aforementioned.
88BenM
First Team
First Team

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Thu May 10, 2018 7:07 am

Spiritater wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:He probably gets people to read dictionaries then have spelling tests after while he's playing Wii tennis.

I don’t think he’s that exciting Cunno, take out the wii tennis and your bang on.

Here, here :lol:

I wish more folk did look at Dictionaries and take spelling tests..but that's for a different type of forum.

Enjoy Portugal.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagmanrob » Fri May 11, 2018 4:55 am

If you listen to any podcast involving any ex-footballers with regards to pre-season tours abroad, they all have the same theme. Curfews from bad disciplinarian managers, late night drinking, broken curfews, hangovers and fines.
Might do wonders for new squad bonding, but doubt it will do loads for fitness.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Re: Re: Portugal pre season

Postby Amber Andy » Fri May 11, 2018 7:37 am

Take em running in the Peak District like Bill use to do. Mind you I think that was down to who was chairman at the time.

I often wonder how it would have been if JR had been the chairman when Bill Dearden was the manager.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Fri May 11, 2018 12:28 pm

I remember that. Times we hard for us, not necessarily H*slam.

It was probably around the time when he initially only had about 8 contracted players!

Thank god for JR.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Fri May 11, 2018 1:36 pm

Just booked Thursday morning till Sunday evening fly from East Mids 7:40am and depart 7:50pm sunday. 12 of us staying in Albufeira.

If it's has good a trip as Malta then were in for a great time. Up the Stags!!
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri May 11, 2018 1:37 pm

What hotel pal ?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Fri May 11, 2018 11:41 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:What hotel pal ?

Vila Recife mate. Booked a package deal through Jet 2.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat May 12, 2018 12:13 am

Pre-season friendlies at home.... Derby, Sheff U and Rotherham
Sedgwick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Sat May 12, 2018 6:52 am

Sedgwick wrote:Pre-season friendlies at home.... Derby, Sheff U and Rotherham

Not Peterborough then.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon May 14, 2018 5:39 pm

Just had a look at how the World Cup could pan out, and if we finish second in our group and win our last 16 game, our quarter final would be at 3pm on the Saturday, the same day as Stags game in Portugal.

Obviously with England being England it is slightly presumptuous to look ahead like that but there's a reasonable chance that that could happen in which case I hope the club take that in to account with the kick off time in Portugal - hopefully an early evening KO.
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Billy the fish » Mon May 14, 2018 5:57 pm

88BenM wrote:
whipster221073 wrote:It's a shame that the club organise these so late in the day.

Whilst I agree with your post regarding the lateness of this announcement, I don't agree that somewhere in Scotland or Cornwall would have been better. It is probably cheaper to fly to Portugal and stop there than it is to find a decent accommodation in the aforementioned.

We could do a stag night Reunion Ben ?? Run that by the Mrs :D
Billy the fish
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon May 14, 2018 7:23 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Just had a look at how the World Cup could pan out, and if we finish second in our group and win our last 16 game, our quarter final would be at 3pm on the Saturday, the same day as Stags game in Portugal.

Obviously with England being England it is slightly presumptuous to look ahead like that but there's a reasonable chance that that could happen in which case I hope the club take that in to account with the kick off time in Portugal - hopefully an early evening KO.

Any self respecting Stags fan will be watching their own boys and forsake the overpaid pansies in England shirts.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon May 14, 2018 7:55 pm

Spiritater wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Just had a look at how the World Cup could pan out, and if we finish second in our group and win our last 16 game, our quarter final would be at 3pm on the Saturday, the same day as Stags game in Portugal.

Any self respecting Stags fan will be watching their own boys and forsake the overpaid pansies in England shirts.

Ok, well the point I'm making is I hope we don't have to make a decision. I've forked out money to go over and watch us I don't particularly want to have to miss England in a World Cup quarter final if it could be avoided by the club opting for an evening kick off. I'm sure every other Stags fan going over would like to watch both as well should that scenario play out...
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon May 14, 2018 7:57 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Ok, well the point I'm making is I hope we don't have to make a decision. I've forked out money to go over and watch us I don't particularly want to have to miss England in a World Cup quarter final if it could be avoided by the club opting for an evening kick off. I'm sure every other Stags fan going over would like to watch both as well should that scenario play out...

It’s ok, he hates his National side, any attempt to slag off the England team and he’s on it.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon May 14, 2018 8:03 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

It’s ok, he hates his National side, any attempt to slag off the England team and he’s on it.

doesn't hate it just apathetic, sad indictment of people today. :lol:
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon May 14, 2018 10:07 pm

I haven't cared a sh.. about our national side for decades and they've not come remotely close to winning anything for 20+ years... they've not won anything for 50+ years. We bemoan our club for not winning much, but the national side :lol:

Come the World Cup we'll flop again, it's what they do.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue May 15, 2018 6:19 am

Spiritater wrote:I haven't cared a sh.. about our national side for decades and they've not come remotely close to winning anything for 20+ years... they've not won anything for 50+ years. We bemoan our club for not winning much, but the national side :lol:

We stick with our club despite never winning anything, same with our country.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue May 15, 2018 4:35 pm

4th Div Championship 74-75 76-77

Conf Winners 12-13

FRT 87

Promotions also in mid 80s and early 90s

England ??
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue May 15, 2018 4:44 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:I haven't cared a sh.. about our national side for decades and they've not come remotely close to winning anything for 20+ years... they've not won anything for 50+ years. We bemoan our club for not winning much, but the national side :lol:

We stick with our club despite never winning anything, same with our country.

I honestly think they don't care a rats ass about representing their country. Recent tournaments seem to back this up.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue May 15, 2018 4:53 pm

Spiritater wrote:

Now if id said that id get roasted but your right england arent good enough to get past the quarter finals ,with the fortune of a good draw ,anything after that is a bonus
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Grendon Stag » Tue May 15, 2018 5:03 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Now if id said that id get roasted but your right england arent good enough to get past the quarter finals ,with the fortune of a good draw ,anything after that is a bonus

The new purge on coaches and the introduction of St Georges Park appears to be starting to slowly turn things around. We are World and European Champions at several different age groups. Its how the FA integrate these youngsters into mens football that will determine how good they actually are if and when they reach the senior set up.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Portugal trip

Postby west country stag » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:38 pm

Has any plans for open training sessions & game dates sorted yet ?
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
west country stag
First Team
First Team

Re: Portugal trip

Postby bluenyellow » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:55 pm

Peterboro are going too not sure if its the same time though
Doc said i needed a pacemaker,so ive now got a flippin kenyan 2 yds in front of me everywhere i go.
bluenyellow
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum