{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Re: Portugal pre season

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Portugal trip

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:31 pm

west country stag wrote:Has any plans for open training sessions & game dates sorted yet ?

in a nutshell - no. The original info said there would be a game on the Saturday. There has been no update since then. I asked Mark if he could get some clarity.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Re: Portugal pre season

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:41 pm

Failing t'club not getting fixed up with a game I suppose the fans could cobble together a team.

Be a bit of a sickener if the fans won though :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:24 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
west country stag wrote:Has any plans for open training sessions & game dates sorted yet ?

in a nutshell - no. The original info said there would be a game on the Saturday. There has been no update since then. I asked Mark if he could get some clarity.

Thanks Martin ... you still going ?
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
west country stag
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:00 am

west country stag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Thanks Martin ... you still going ?

yes, pending confirmation that we have a game.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:27 am

If the club don’t arrange a game it’s awful. Quite a few clubs are heading out this pre season and they’ve all arranged games
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:10 pm

Sunderland are in Portugal next month. Could they not arrange a friendly with them ?
yellowstagsfan
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:51 pm

are we saying that we haven’t had official confirmation if there will be a game out there yet ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:35 pm

Peterborough, Wrexham, Leyton Orient, Sheffield United, Sunderland, Millwall all have proper games lined up in Portugal and have done for a while. Wrexham have organised free travel from 2 towns out there to take fans to and from the game at the ground that was used for the Euros - all seems properly organised. I don’t understand why we find it difficult to get something lined up in advance, the team leaves in just over 2 weeks and nothing is any clearer and it was the same last year with the Malta trip.
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:59 pm

There's a couple of Scottish teams going out there too
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:05 pm

:)

Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:11 pm

Good to see we’ve sorted a game now! 200 capacity may be a problem though if Dundee bring a few
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:43 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Good to see we’ve sorted a game now! 200 capacity may be a problem though if Dundee bring a few

200 capacity’s very pokie specially when we took 300plus to Malta last season with only a games against a Maltese 11.

Dundee will probably match our support.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:44 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Good to see we’ve sorted a game now! 200 capacity may be a problem though if Dundee bring a few

200 capacity’s very pokie specially when we took 300plus to Malta last season with only a games against a Maltese 11.

Dundee will probably match our support.

If they do it will be interesting to see how they deal with potentially a couple of hundred unhappy fans outside the training complex who have shelled out to go and watch their team.

Also if England finish 2nd and progress to the quarters I think we would play at 3 that day, only be an hour between the games. Would be a toss up between getting there early enough to ensure you’re one of the 200 or watching England and risking it if that materialises. Could end up being really frustrating for people this capacity - hopefully not!
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:51 pm

Will season ticket holders get first dab at tickets
We might win against Accrington next time, if we ever play them again.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby edwinscott » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:56 pm

Jesus wept!! Moan cos we ain’t set up a game for 2 weeks then moan cos the ground ain’t big enough, have we turned into Man Utd all of a sudden? roll on the start of the season then we can have a proper moan about the football lol
edwinscott
First Team
First Team

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:03 pm

edwinscott wrote:Jesus wept!! Moan cos we ain’t set up a game for 2 weeks then moan cos the ground ain’t big enough, have we turned into Man Utd all of a sudden? roll on the start of the season then we can have a proper moan about the football lol

I’m very happy a games now been arranged obviously - it should be a good game against Dundee! But the point about the 200 capacity is still valid, I’d have thought we’d have 200 out there ourselves
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:08 pm

If all tickets sell out then I am sure Stevo will be able to set up a big screen in Fans Park and beam the match back to Fans Park.
We might win against Accrington next time, if we ever play them again.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:38 pm

Wonder if we wear our new away kit probably not ,no new signings either ,moaning about the ground oh dear its getting a bit boring this summer aint it
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Grendon Stag » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:54 pm

edwinscott wrote:Jesus wept!! Moan cos we ain’t set up a game for 2 weeks then moan cos the ground ain’t big enough, have we turned into Man Utd all of a sudden? roll on the start of the season then we can have a proper moan about the football lol

People have every right to moan!!! Fans have shelled out a lot of money to travel to Portugal when the club announced the preseason tour. It's nothing to do with thinking were Manchester United, folks are concerned that with only 200 fans being allowed to watch the game There's going to be a few who having taken the trouble to travel won't get to see the game. Knowing how many went to Malta last year whoever organised this wants shooting!!!
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:03 pm

spanishstag wrote:Wonder if we wear our new away kit probably not ,no new signings either ,moaning about the ground oh dear its getting a bit boring this summer aint it

Nothing to do with wanting to moan - as I’ve said I’m happy with the fixture against Dundee. Have you forked money out to go to Portugal? As Grendon rightly says, there are going to be fans that have paid to go out that don’t get in if the 200 capacity is adhered to, I for one will not be happy in the slightest if I’ve wasted hundreds of pounds to not watch the game. If that’s not a point to raise, on a thread about the trip, on a discussion forum then I don’t know what is.
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:32 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Wonder if we wear our new away kit probably not ,no new signings either ,moaning about the ground oh dear its getting a bit boring this summer aint it

Nothing to do with wanting to moan - as I’ve said I’m happy with the fixture against Dundee. Have you forked money out to go to Portugal? As Grendon rightly says, there are going to be fans that have paid to go out that don’t get in if the 200 capacity is adhered to, I for one will not be happy in the slightest if I’ve wasted hundreds of pounds to not watch the game. If that’s not a point to raise, on a thread about the trip, on a discussion forum then I don’t know what is.

Read someone comment that Dundee have another game lined up and are expecting around 2000 to turn up. How true I don’t know, can’t see anything myself
Last edited by BH_Stag on Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Beano » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:34 pm

part time pete wrote:Will season ticket holders get first dab at tickets

After QLE members I think. The club are paying for their flights, so obviously they don't want them to miss the game.
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:18 am

Blue eyes Brown eyes lol
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:24 am

BH_Stag wrote:

It wasnt meant to be having a go at anyone ,it was just stating the fact that with so little happening its very boring this summer ,ah well at least the world cups started :oops:
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum