{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Predictions for next season

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Predictions for next season

Postby Conker » Wed May 09, 2018 7:56 am

He said it’s a prediction.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed May 09, 2018 8:42 am

Conker wrote:He said it’s a prediction.

All based on negatives and hearsay as far as I can see.

Oh for a bit of positivity fgs.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed May 09, 2018 9:04 am

Foxy wrote:My predictions are that after winning the EuroZillions I will

Buy Jr & Carolyn out

Sack Flickers

Release the squad on free transfers

Recruit new players and coaching staff extensively from the Spanish Premier, German Bundesliega, and South American top flight reserves.

Any person known to have been previously employed as a steward subjected to a 200 yard exclusion zone

Prices £10 a match ST's £200

Home fans returned to the North Stand

Cushioned seats (matching colours)

Bishop Street obliterated as part of a free to view pyrotechnic spectacular.

50/50 draw prize fixed at £5k

Marc Pierre White steakhouse and Vegetarian options

New badge

Demolish scoreboard

Abolish iFollow - all commentary free

And that's just for starters.

Hopefully you'd reinstate the loyalty cards for booze in t'SP n all. Only this time you buy a pint and get 7 free. Makes more sense :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed May 09, 2018 9:30 am

Amber Andy wrote:

If he doesn’t feel positive then there is nothing wrong with that. Can’t blame people for struggling to be positive considering our form has been like it has. It’s a forum, expect different emotions and opinions.

I can’t be arsed to do predictions this early before the retained list / summer dealings. Let’s see what galvanising activity’s Flitcroft can do!
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed May 09, 2018 10:03 am

I suppose a positive spin on things is that he can't be any worse than he was in the games he's managed us this season, surely?

He's going to have a summer to get players in who suits his game (though many of us couldn't work out what exactly his game was) and get the "fitness levels up" supposedly, so we'll see.

Hopefully on the sidelines he and his team will actually know what they're doing and meant to do.

I agree that there are some real show ponies in the team who don't have the correct work ethic for league 2 who he'll need to show the door.

The comments from Swindon fans who went to their games and saw a season of him (I really don't care if someone thinks they know more than Swindon fans who watched their own side play) and from what i've saw of him this season doesn't exactly fill be with any confidence.

Top half somewhere, maybe 10th
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed May 09, 2018 12:13 pm

Conker wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

If he doesn’t feel positive then there is nothing wrong with that. Can’t blame people for struggling to be positive considering our form has been like it has. It’s a forum, expect different emotions and opinions.

I can’t be arsed to do predictions this early before the retained list / summer dealings. Let’s see what galvanising activity’s Flitcroft can do!

We need to be positive. The season has finished and we have the closed season to rebuild. I can't understand all this nastiness against DF.

Yes, his results since he has been here have been very disappointing. But so have Steve Evans and Phil Brown's results. Surely the clue is there. It's the fact they haven't been able to build their own team. And took over at the worst possible time.

In my opinion, JR made the decision too quickly. Dempster should have been appointed and been given time with one or two of the senior pros to try and keep us on track, until the end of the season. Then look at a permanent manager. But hindsight is a wonderful thing. We move on.

No one knows what players DF will sign or release. I'm certain the moaners can't wait to see the retained list in order to have another go.

It's time to get away from all this gloom and doom and be positive going into next season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Wed May 09, 2018 12:38 pm

Until the squad has been recruited predictions are nigh on impossible. For what its worth I think Flitcroft will recruit better than Evans did if he has close to the same budget. If he can get that recruitment working on the pitch that is a different matter. I think we have played better football in long periods (not all) under DF than we have earlier in the season so that does encourage me.

It's clear he has massive trust issues with some of our players and has no idea the best team to put out with the current squad and yes I would agree he should have that sorted by now but he didn't.

I do find it odd that so many swallow what Bury and Swindon fans say about him but assume our own players have had the eyelid retainers strapped on and been brainwashed by the big MTFC propaganda machine but there we go.

So overall I will judge him when he has his own squad in the first ten games of next season if he still has no home win and there is no positive change he will really have questions to answer.

I think we will make the play offs anything above that will be a bonus.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum