{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Predictions for next season

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Predictions for next season

Postby stagmanrob » Sat May 05, 2018 9:49 pm

This can be revisited as the season goes on, as I don't just want to make final league position predictions.

I'm going to make predictions based on what I've been told from Swindon fans.

• He'll bomb out some popular players, regardless of how good they are. He doesn't tend to like fan favourites.
  • His player recruitment will not be inspiring
  • He'll waste more of the Radford's money
  • He goes on about balance, yet will play players out of their natural positions when there are players for that position sat on the bench or in the stand
  • His home record will be crap, so fans will turn on him regardless of away form, because that is what they will see most of
  • He'll say one of either "galvanise" "synergy" or "energise" in every interview.

If I were to predict a league finish, I'm going 12th with Flitcroft gone before the January window.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Re: Predictions for next season

Postby Sneag » Sat May 05, 2018 10:07 pm

1,000,000% this.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat May 05, 2018 10:12 pm

Under David Flitcroft’s guidance, and after a summer of astute transfer activity, we will start 2018/19 like an express train.

Unbeaten before Christmas with a 10 point lead over our nearest rivals.

Have some bloody faith!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat May 05, 2018 10:16 pm

Blind faith is for fools Edders.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sat May 05, 2018 10:18 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Under David Flitcroft’s guidance, and after a summer of astute transfer activity, we will start 2018/19 like an express train.

Unbeaten before Christmas with a 10 point lead over our nearest rivals.

Have some bloody faith!

You sure ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Harrington St Hero » Sat May 05, 2018 10:59 pm

I’ve not enjoyed this season, initially under Evans and latterly under Flitcroft. I’m up for giving DF a chance, I think he inherited a squad with issues and now has the chance to change all that.

He’ll be hero or zero by Christmas. My gut says hero. We all want success so much (listen to the noise today early in the second half). Let’s galvanise, give it a million percent, and make next season our season!
Harrington St Hero
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat May 05, 2018 11:23 pm

Think Rose will go, he got rid of him when he was Bury manager!
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Sat May 05, 2018 11:33 pm

I agree with this, he has a 0% home win record. His mere two wins have been away. That is damning.
Tre Cool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagmanrob » Sun May 06, 2018 12:35 am

stagmanrob wrote:This can be revisited as the season goes on, as I don't just want to make final league position predictions.

• He'll bomb out some popular players, regardless of how good they are. He doesn't tend to like fan favourites.
  • He goes on about balance, yet will play players out of their natural positions when there are players for that position sat on the bench or in the stand
  • His home record will be crap, so fans will turn on him regardless of away form, because that is what they will see most of
  • He'll say one of either "galvanise" "synergy" or "energise" in every interview.

If I were to predict a league finish, I'm going 12th with Flitcroft gone before the January window.

Another two I forgot to add, which seem to be commonly said amongst both Swindon and Bury fans;

• He will go on about fitness levels and how they will be massively improved through his training. The reality of it will be that although fitness will improve, the intensity of training will be so high that the injury list will grow beyond all previously known proportions
  • He will advocate he is a great believer in youth, but the reality is that he won't play them, or will sell the most promising ones (like he did with Rose)
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun May 06, 2018 8:01 am

Point proven about youth as should have brought Graham on as an extra striker yesterday in the last 10 -15 minutes.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun May 06, 2018 8:39 am

What worries me is we've already seen all the negatives that the Swindon and Bury fans warned us about. Add to that the results have been terrible (particularly at home), and he's as dull as dish water I'm really not optimistic.

Anybody is capable of making empty promises at the end of the season. He's done what most do and turn to slating the previous managers work... well the previous manager has lost 2 out of 18 and we were 4th, Flitcroft had only won 2 out of 12 and taken us to 8th. They are the facts and he's taken no responsibility for any results and the horrible run. The squad wasn't that bad before he came in!

I don't think he'll be able to attract any players that will give the fans something to shout about either. He's been that boring and repetitive in interviews I don't even want to renew my iFollow account let alone him persuade top players to come and join Mansfield. It's going to be difficult for them to believe he will 'design success' when they look at what he's done here so far.

At the moment I can't see us finishing in the top 10 next season but we'll have to see what the summer holds.
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Sun May 06, 2018 8:54 am

I predict that this site will be full of Football Manager world champions talking utter pony after every game.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun May 06, 2018 8:57 am

bellwhiff wrote:I predict that this site will be full of Football Manager world champions talking utter pony after every game.

yeah but don't you know, they watch Gary Neville dissect a 442 formation on sky so they all know about how to be a manager. someone even posted that any one of us would've been able to get this team promoted :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun May 06, 2018 9:01 am

Far to early to even consider where teams will finish next year, however on the evidence so far I expect a bottom half finish and maybe a flirt with the bottom two.

I have seen nothing to suggest Flitcroft can organise or inspire a team. There have been several games, including yesterday when tactical changes have been made mid-first half because he got the starting 11 wrong. This must ultimately expose the team to not being able to substitute injured players as swaps have been wasted through incompetence.

I don't know who we should appoint but I'm fairly sure we won't succeed under Flitcroft and we will be another season away, if not a league lower.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun May 06, 2018 9:09 am

I’ll say mid-table obscurity, conditions feel similar to Swindon this year so I’d expect something similar unless he manages to pick up a couple
of better players. E.g. a 20 goal striker.
Jimstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Sun May 06, 2018 9:11 am

Can't disagree with Stagmanrob's predictions even if they are based on Swindon supporters oppinions.
Flitcroft comes over well, could it be too well, too well rehearsed maybe. By now JR, will have formed his considered opinion of the manager, does this opinion match the words spoken when Flitcroft was appointed?

If not has JR got the bottle to admit his mistake and let Flitcroft go?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun May 06, 2018 9:12 am

I'll wait and see what happens over the summer. The only certainty is that if we win games then Stagsnet will be like a graveyard at midnight.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun May 06, 2018 9:21 am

bellwhiff wrote:I predict that this site will be full of Football Manager world champions talking utter pony after every game.

This coming from someone that never actually offers their opinion with any reasoning behind it, instead just comes out of daft things like that.

I take it you've seen enough from Flitcroft then to make you think we can get promotion next season? What are the reasons behind this?
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Foxy » Sun May 06, 2018 10:16 am

My predictions are that after winning the EuroZillions I will

Buy Jr & Carolyn out

Sack Flickers

Release the squad on free transfers

Recruit new players and coaching staff extensively from the Spanish Premier, German Bundesliega, and South American top flight reserves.

Any person known to have been previously employed as a steward subjected to a 200 yard exclusion zone

Prices £10 a match ST's £200

Home fans returned to the North Stand

Cushioned seats (matching colours)

Bishop Street obliterated as part of a free to view pyrotechnic spectacular.

50/50 draw prize fixed at £5k

Marc Pierre White steakhouse and Vegetarian options

New badge

Demolish scoreboard

Abolish iFollow - all commentary free

And that's just for starters.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun May 06, 2018 10:21 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:

yeah but don't you know, they watch Gary Neville dissect a 442 formation on sky so they all know about how to be a manager. someone even posted that any one of us would've been able to get this team promoted :lol:

We haven’t won a home game under DF? I can fully understand some fans strong opinions on DF.
stagsfan6493
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yellows58 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:44 pm

Champions , get your money on early. The result have been poor of late. You do not become a bad manager over night. He is beginning to play football on the floor , quick movement going forward. Remember he picked up the reins when the fat boy walked out. If you read the comments of the players they are enjoying training and looking forward to next season.
yellows58
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DogsDoDahs » Tue May 08, 2018 11:52 pm

stagmanrob wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:This can be revisited as the season goes on, as I don't just want to make final league position predictions.

Another two I forgot to add, which seem to be commonly said amongst both Swindon and Bury fans;

• He will go on about fitness levels and how they will be massively improved through his training. The reality of it will be that although fitness will improve, the intensity of training will be so high that the injury list will grow beyond all previously known proportions
  • He will advocate he is a great believer in youth, but the reality is that he won't play them, or will sell the most promising ones (like he did with Rose)

Stagmanrob this is bang on how its going to be. Do you happen to know four or five of the lotto numbers for next week by chance as well.
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkstag » Wed May 09, 2018 12:02 am

I think we will get promoted next season hopefully under DF

I’ve never read so much nonsense - a set of predictions based on the garbage on others fans forum and to cap it all his belief in youth is shredded because he didn’t bring a youngster on. See JRs speech and Demps interview.

I think next season will be a massive disappointment to many - we will get promoted
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed May 09, 2018 7:06 am

i do hope you are right puddin
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed May 09, 2018 7:44 am

You seem to know a lot about this guy Rob. Either that or you are really Mystic Meg.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum