{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Lee Angol

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Lee Angol

Postby Amber Andy » Sun May 06, 2018 12:25 pm

Billythegoat wrote:You can't vw serious?
Like many,. not my favourite player and yes would be happy if he moved on, but if we are going to get rid if him let it be because he's clearly bit good enough and not because he was lobbed out of a night club at 1.00am.
So what? Cut the lad some slack, if we start getting rid of players for getting drunk though, and worse, doing so when the season is finished it sets a very dangerous precedent. So he get drunk, big deal!

If the report is true it was the night before a very important match. I think it is a big deal.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Sun May 06, 2018 2:23 pm

Lee Mangoled
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sun May 06, 2018 2:33 pm

I said on another post we bought Angol on a 4 game fame were he blew higher opposition out of the park this season we've seen him probably put the effort in for 4 games...

At the best he's lazy uninterested doesn't want to run for the cause have we seen him beat a man with the ball or even get his head onto any crosses into the box.

If Flipflop is our manager next season please transfer this waste of a wage out of our club
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Billythegoat » Sun May 06, 2018 2:41 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Like many,. not my favourite player and yes would be happy if he moved on, but if we are going to get rid if him let it be because he's clearly bit good enough and not because he was lobbed out of a night club at 1.00am.
So what? Cut the lad some slack, if we start getting rid of players for getting drunk though, and worse, doing so when the season is finished it sets a very dangerous precedent. So he get drunk, big deal!

If the report is true it was the night before a very important match. I think it is a big deal.

Yeah read that wrong, I thought 1.00 this morning meant 'this morning " not yesterday morning, day of the match. That is a completely different issue, oh.dear...
Billythegoat
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby part time pete » Sun May 06, 2018 3:00 pm

If rumours are believed, the two bad apples in the group are Lee Angol and Jacob Mellis.
We might win against Accrington next time, if we ever play them again.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun May 06, 2018 5:16 pm

Billythegoat wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Yeah read that wrong, I thought 1.00 this morning meant 'this morning " not yesterday morning, day of the match. That is a completely different issue, oh.dear...

That's what I thought. Easy done Billy. Keep posting fella.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun May 06, 2018 6:55 pm

Lee Angol has been given plenty of opportunities to disprove the commonly held opinion that he was a lazy player that couldn’t jump to save his life.

Regrettably, he has done everything to reinforce that view.

Bye bye fella.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun May 06, 2018 7:17 pm

Glad people are mainly in agreement that we need to get shut of tjis waste-man melt.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun May 06, 2018 7:50 pm

If he's on a 2 year contract though he is going to be difficult to shift.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby amber63 » Mon May 07, 2018 8:42 am

I can't believe that there are people who think that a player getting thrown out of a night club at 1:00 am the night before a key game is no big deal!!! Angol's not playing in Mansfield Sunday league! He is a professional footballer and has totally let down his club and its fans. If he is not disciplined for this then it can only demonstrate Flitflops complacency and weaknesses. Get a grip!!! I'm sure JR will have something to say.
amber63
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkstag » Mon May 07, 2018 4:14 pm

If it’s true I think you can rest assured it will be dealt with
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby robeyre » Mon May 07, 2018 5:59 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Lee Angol has been given plenty of opportunities to disprove the commonly held opinion that he was a lazy player that couldn’t jump to save his life.

Bye bye fella.

I'm not a Lee Angol fan so am not alarmed by these calls for him to go. However I cant help thinking how similar the comments are to the ones posted about Ollie Palmer, granted another waste of space, but he has carved out a career in football and continues to score sgainst us.
I just wonder if Angol will prove to be the same, a thorn in our side.
robeyre
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Mon May 07, 2018 6:31 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:If he's on a 2 year contract though he is going to be difficult to shift.

Lincoln maybe?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon May 07, 2018 6:33 pm

robeyre wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:Lee Angol has been given plenty of opportunities to disprove the commonly held opinion that he was a lazy player that couldn’t jump to save his life.

Bye bye fella.

I'm not a Lee Angol fan so am not alarmed by these calls for him to go. However I cant help thinking how similar the comments are to the ones posted about Ollie Palmer, granted another waste of space, but he has carved out a career in football and continues to score sgainst us.
I just wonder if Angol will prove to be the same, a thorn in our side.

Well Palmer has been a thorn in our side this season. On the subject of ex players, Reggie Lambe has been released by Carlisle.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon May 07, 2018 7:27 pm

I'd take reggie over potter all day long,
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Tue May 08, 2018 4:07 pm

part time pete wrote:If rumours are believed, the two bad apples in the group are Lee Angol and Jacob Mellis.

Would be unsurprising as they have been our 2 worst players this season.
Hjeldefan
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue May 08, 2018 4:09 pm

Really....
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Tue May 08, 2018 4:16 pm

I like Angol . His syle of play is lazy and awkward as the Boro and Lincoln fans will tell you but that's the way he plays . His style of play hasn't altered from day one . When he has a off day then he makes him look even worse . I'd bet my life that over a full season he would get more goaks than Hemmings . I can see why people don't rate him because of the way he plays . Look at the Yeovil video where he runs back to the centre circle after scoring He looks awkward when he runs .

If the reports about him going out the night before a big game are correct then he needs to be fined . If not then tut tut for the rumour
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Tue May 08, 2018 5:02 pm

Personally I’d let all the strikers go if we are to achieve promotion next season then we need better , would any of our current strikers walk into the top 3 teams in the Division No . Hemmings is a good hold up player to bring others into the Game and the Darling of most on a Saturday afternoon Rose is a spent force after 70 mins although both players show passion neither are good enough and I think flip flop knows it so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he moved them all on .
Billy the fish
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkstag » Wed May 09, 2018 5:08 am

Hemmings is a 20 goal a season striker - not a hold up player.
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed May 09, 2018 7:47 am

yorkstag wrote:Hemmings is a 20 goal a season striker - not a hold up player.
Unfortunately not this season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby spainmick » Wed May 09, 2018 7:56 am

What are the goals per game ratio of all the strikers ?
spainmick
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ParisStag » Wed May 09, 2018 7:58 am

Amber Andy wrote:

He scored 15 in half a season.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed May 09, 2018 8:01 am

I think Hemmings can bag 20 at this level, all the while holding the line because he’s exceptional at doing that.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed May 09, 2018 8:03 am

ParisStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

He scored 15 in half a season.

Half a season? He played nearly every game.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum