{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

See ya later Flip Flop

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun May 06, 2018 10:13 am

the facts are under fat man we were very rarely out of the top 5 under flip flop we didn’t even win a home game !
that’s fact not opinion
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7803
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby abc » Sun May 06, 2018 10:53 am

yorkshire stag wrote:the facts are under fat man we were very rarely out of the top 5 under flip flop we didn’t even win a home game !
that’s fact not opinion


It seems to be the same folk wanting to back Flipflop that didn't want Evans here at any price .
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1236
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun May 06, 2018 11:04 am

Can we have a poll on Stagsnet as to whether Flitcroft should stay or go? I canvassed opinions after the game yesterday and there seemed to be a majority in favour of letting him sign a few of his own players over the summer although many fans pointed out that it may be difficult to move some players on as they will be on 2 year contracts.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4310
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun May 06, 2018 11:06 am

Darren his man management skills are clear for ALL to see, we went from top three to not even making the play offs which John said were a minimum, remember flip flops press interview when he first arrived what he promised etc i do?, he failed and failed big time !
Out
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7803
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun May 06, 2018 12:00 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:the facts are under fat man we were very rarely out of the top 5 under flip flop we didn’t even win a home game !
that’s fact not opinion


The facts are that's raspberrys mate. Of the 34 games that Evans was manager this season we were in the top 5 for 8 of them.
Top 7 for 17 of the 34 games.
Top 3 for 2 of the 34 games.

Proper nailed on promotion for your £2.5 million that is.

Here's your 'fact' in colour:

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/mans ... e-progress
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9138
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby Amber Andy » Sun May 06, 2018 12:08 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:the facts are under fat man we were very rarely out of the top 5 under flip flop we didn’t even win a home game !
that’s fact not opinion

And there lays the problem, we should have been top three. The budget merited it. But it was quantity not quality, and players no better than what we had.

Don't let DF's failure cloud your judgement on what SE has left us with.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4264
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby stagmanrob » Sun May 06, 2018 1:34 pm

Yeah he left us a squad that was factually the toughest to beat in the entire division, and on a run where top 3 looked more likely than not.

Martin even predicted a 3rd place finish after the Exeter result and prior to Evans leaving.

Flitcroft has gone from praising the squad here and talking of having 2 players for every position, to now slating the recruitment of it and saying it is highly unbalanced....to try and disguise the fact he has failed from a position where it was easier to succeed than cause failure. He has shouldered no responsibility whatsoever, when it should rest far more on him than Evans in my opinion.
User avatar
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2009
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Newbold

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby Conker » Sun May 06, 2018 2:19 pm

stagmanrob wrote:Yeah he left us a squad that was factually the toughest to beat in the entire division, and on a run where top 3 looked more likely than not.

Martin even predicted a 3rd place finish after the Exeter result and prior to Evans leaving.

Flitcroft has gone from praising the squad here and talking of having 2 players for every position, to now slating the recruitment of it and saying it is highly unbalanced....to try and disguise the fact he has failed from a position where it was easier to succeed than cause failure. He has shouldered no responsibility whatsoever, when it should rest far more on him than Evans in my opinion.


It’s a waste of time mate, they are refusing to believe that we were automatic promotion contenders under Evans.

I even remember people suggesting we would of tailed off when we lost to Accy and Luton, despite the fact our record against the top lot was fantastic under Evans.

Delusion is rife.
Conker
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1858
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun May 06, 2018 2:22 pm

why oh why have we not booted him out after the game?
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7803
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby adamstag » Sun May 06, 2018 2:24 pm

Id really be interested to hear what he has to say when asked “how did you turn a team heading for the playoffs into relegation from in 12 games”?

It’s quite a special achievement in honesty, while completing dividing the fans, not winning any of his 6 games and crazy tactics where he gets things so wrong he has to make 2 subs after half an hour.

We’re obvilusly going to be stuck with him for at least part of next season - I just hope he doesn’t damage us too badly.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5864
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby Amber Andy » Sun May 06, 2018 2:36 pm

All I can say guys is I'm glad you think SE has left us in a wonderful position.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4264
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby robbingdog » Sun May 06, 2018 2:48 pm

We were in a damn sight better place when SE was here,
Like him or loathe him, the footy wasn’t great but we up there. FlitCroft has
Had over a quarter of a seasons worth of games!! and massively got it wrong I’m afraid

Blame the players, Evans etc

At the end of the day at every football club going the manager is the one who gets
the bullet. Anyone ever heard of a player getting the sack because he kept cocking it up
and his team getting beat. Nope.

It’s all down to the manager, irrespective of whether there are divides in the dressing room.
robbingdog
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:09 am

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby Foxy » Sun May 06, 2018 3:02 pm

Oh fgs change the record zzzz

Sick of all this to be honest.

Nobody cares what you think and nothing you say makes any difference either so jam it.
User avatar
Foxy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5317
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm
Location: At the Coop

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby abc » Sun May 06, 2018 3:23 pm

Foxy wrote:Oh fgs change the record zzzz

Sick of all this to be honest.

Nobody cares what you think and nothing you say makes any difference either so jam it.


Who are you to tell him to shut up ? It's a forum, it's for expressing your views whether you like it or not.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1236
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun May 06, 2018 3:43 pm

absolutely keep it coming, if you don’t agree argue ya point
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7803
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby spanishstag » Sun May 06, 2018 3:53 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
abc wrote:
spanishstag wrote:No he hasnt ,now STFU and just let the chairman do his job ,


Why don't you STFU ? You couldn't make less sense if you were a Spireite,


Spanish stag also posts on the football forum.

The poster either follows chesterfield or county, or is a Mansfield fan that doesn’t go/knows absolutely nothing about football. Under investigation there.


If anyone still wants this bloke in charge next season there really do need a head shake
he talks the talk but has proven now he is full of bull
as for spanishstag yes think he must be a plastic

Really listen to yourselves like a bunch of spoilt brats hes staying fact yesssssssssssd
spanishstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby stagmanrob » Sun May 06, 2018 3:59 pm

Amber Andy wrote:All I can say guys is I'm glad you think SE has left us in a wonderful position.

Had Flitcroft done what was easier to achieve and expected of him, than what he has actually done, we'd have been playing League One football next season, or at worst, looking forward to having to play two, possibly three more games.

The position we are now in, is Flitcroft's doing. The expensive outlay on players wouldn't have looked as bad if Flitcroft had done what he should have.
User avatar
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2009
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Newbold

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby bellwhiff » Sun May 06, 2018 4:00 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:why oh why have we not booted him out after the game?


You are really dull.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11901
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby Amber Andy » Sun May 06, 2018 4:03 pm

stagmanrob wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:All I can say guys is I'm glad you think SE has left us in a wonderful position.

Had Flitcroft done what was easier to achieve and expected of him, than what he has actually done, we'd have been playing League One football next season, or at worst, looking forward to having to play two, possibly three more games.

The position we are now in, is Flitcroft's doing. The expensive outlay on players wouldn't have looked as bad if Flitcroft had done what he should have.
Rob you are really surprising me over this. It's two different issues. No one is saying DF is wonderful. All I'm saying is SE has left us in a poor position.I think this will become clearer in the next few weeks.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4264
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby stagmanrob » Sun May 06, 2018 4:06 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:All I can say guys is I'm glad you think SE has left us in a wonderful position.

Had Flitcroft done what was easier to achieve and expected of him, than what he has actually done, we'd have been playing League One football next season, or at worst, looking forward to having to play two, possibly three more games.

The position we are now in, is Flitcroft's doing. The expensive outlay on players wouldn't have looked as bad if Flitcroft had done what he should have.
Rob you are really surprising me over this. It's two different issues. No one is saying DF is wonderful. All I'm saying is SE has left us in a poor position.I think this will become clearer in the next few weeks.

I don't believe he left us in a poor position. 4th and 2 points off automatic promotion is a dream to any manager jumping into a job. Flitcroft said so himself but has now funnily enough after failure, gone back on every word.

Most mangers get a job because it requires a fire fight.
User avatar
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2009
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Newbold

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby Amber Andy » Sun May 06, 2018 4:15 pm

stagmanrob wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:All I can say guys is I'm glad you think SE has left us in a wonderful position.

Had Flitcroft done what was easier to achieve and expected of him, than what he has actually done, we'd have been playing League One football next season, or at worst, looking forward to having to play two, possibly three more games.

The position we are now in, is Flitcroft's doing. The expensive outlay on players wouldn't have looked as bad if Flitcroft had done what he should have.
Rob you are really surprising me over this. It's two different issues. No one is saying DF is wonderful. All I'm saying is SE has left us in a poor position.I think this will become clearer in the next few weeks.

I don't believe he left us in a poor position. 4th and 2 points off automatic promotion is a dream to any manager jumping into a job. Flitcroft said so himself but has now funnily enough after failure, gone back on every word.

Most mangers get a job because it requires a fire fight.
Ok Rob. He's also said he was surprised at what he found. We'll see.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4264
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby Conker » Sun May 06, 2018 7:00 pm

He could find a flipping horses head in the changing room for all I care, at least we had a shot at promotion under Evans.
Conker
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1858
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun May 06, 2018 7:02 pm

Conker wrote:He could find a flipping horses head in the changing room for all I care, at least we had a shot at promotion under Evans.


....and Evans dropped us in the mire without a second thought.

Get behind our manager - whoever it is.
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5928
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Sun May 06, 2018 11:44 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Conker wrote:He could find a flipping horses head in the changing room for all I care, at least we had a shot at promotion under Evans.


....and Evans dropped us in the mire without a second thought.

Get behind our manager - whoever it is.

This is a bit rich from you though Edders, neither Evans or Murray received your unequivocal backing.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
User avatar
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon May 07, 2018 1:07 am

bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:why oh why have we not booted him out after the game?


You are really dull.


who gives a flying book what you think?
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7803
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: grufti, ian23, Kenwood, Son Of Sherwood, Tippy Tappy Football and 41 guests