{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

See ya later Flip Flop

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby Amber Andy » Sat May 05, 2018 8:08 pm

stagmanrob wrote:We are missing a boat load of chances, yet the faith is going to be put into the hands of a clown who bought a striker for Swindon for a reported £250k (£350k on Transfermarkt website) who has scored a grand total of 4 goals in 37 appearances (stats taken from same website)

Yeah....got every confidence in this bloke's recruitment being better than that of Steve Evans :lol:
How much did we pay for Angol Rob ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3876
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby adamstag » Sat May 05, 2018 8:17 pm

abc wrote:
spanishstag wrote:No he hasnt ,now STFU and just let the chairman do his job ,


Why don't you STFU ? You couldn't make less sense if you were a Spireite,


Spanish stag also posts on the football forum.

The poster either follows chesterfield or county, or is a Mansfield fan that doesn’t go/knows absolutely nothing about football. Under investigation there.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5782
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat May 05, 2018 8:43 pm

stagmanrob wrote:We are missing a boat load of chances, yet the faith is going to be put into the hands of a clown who bought a striker for Swindon for a reported £250k (£350k on Transfermarkt website) who has scored a grand total of 4 goals in 37 appearances (stats taken from same website)

Yeah....got every confidence in this bloke's recruitment being better than that of Steve Evans :lol:


Same clown who brought Richards in for free and he scored 11 goals in 20 games.
You forgot that though....
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2711
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby Amber Andy » Sat May 05, 2018 8:58 pm

JR has a big decision to make, (although I think he's already made it).

He certainly will have asked questions. He will know if much of what DF has said in his radio Nottingham interview is true, as to why he was unable to get the points required. If this is basically the situation with the current squad, then on balance I think DF should be given more time.

What is for sure is the squad isn't anywhere near perfect and whoever is in charge will have a big task to sort the mess out.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3876
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat May 05, 2018 9:11 pm

adamstag wrote:
abc wrote:
spanishstag wrote:No he hasnt ,now STFU and just let the chairman do his job ,


Why don't you STFU ? You couldn't make less sense if you were a Spireite,


Spanish stag also posts on the football forum.

The poster either follows chesterfield or county, or is a Mansfield fan that doesn’t go/knows absolutely nothing about football. Under investigation there.


If anyone still wants this bloke in charge next season there really do need a head shake
he talks the talk but has proven now he is full of bull
as for spanishstag yes think he must be a plastic
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7305
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby Amber Andy » Sat May 05, 2018 9:14 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
abc wrote:
spanishstag wrote:No he hasnt ,now STFU and just let the chairman do his job ,


Why don't you STFU ? You couldn't make less sense if you were a Spireite,


Spanish stag also posts on the football forum.

The poster either follows chesterfield or county, or is a Mansfield fan that doesn’t go/knows absolutely nothing about football. Under investigation there.


If anyone still wants this bloke in charge next season there really do need a head shake
he talks the talk but has proven now he is full of bull
as for spanishstag yes think he must be a plastic
Are you saying JR needs a "head shake" ? Shame on you :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3876
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby vicar jeremiah » Sat May 05, 2018 9:14 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
abc wrote:
spanishstag wrote:No he hasnt ,now STFU and just let the chairman do his job ,


Why don't you STFU ? You couldn't make less sense if you were a Spireite,


Spanish stag also posts on the football forum.

The poster either follows chesterfield or county, or is a Mansfield fan that doesn’t go/knows absolutely nothing about football. Under investigation there.


If anyone still wants this bloke in charge next season there really do need a head shake
he talks the talk but has proven now he is full of bull
as for spanishstag yes think he must be a plastic


Board meeting has confirmed his tenure next season, time to rally behind JR
4 in a bed with the Dixie Chicks is against biblical teachings
vicar jeremiah
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2817
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:13 pm
Location: God's village Mansfield Woodhouse

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:16 pm

vicar jeremiah wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
abc wrote:
spanishstag wrote:No he hasnt ,now STFU and just let the chairman do his job ,


Why don't you STFU ? You couldn't make less sense if you were a Spireite,


Spanish stag also posts on the football forum.

The poster either follows chesterfield or county, or is a Mansfield fan that doesn’t go/knows absolutely nothing about football. Under investigation there.


If anyone still wants this bloke in charge next season there really do need a head shake
he talks the talk but has proven now he is full of bull
as for spanishstag yes think he must be a plastic


Board meeting has confirmed his tenure next season, time to rally behind JR

Where has that been announced?
stagsfan6493
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby stagmanrob » Sat May 05, 2018 9:21 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:We are missing a boat load of chances, yet the faith is going to be put into the hands of a clown who bought a striker for Swindon for a reported £250k (£350k on Transfermarkt website) who has scored a grand total of 4 goals in 37 appearances (stats taken from same website)

Yeah....got every confidence in this bloke's recruitment being better than that of Steve Evans :lol:


Same clown who brought Richards in for free and he scored 11 goals in 20 games.
You forgot that though....

Who is 35 years young, and brought in because his marquee striker was a massive waste of money.

And Marc Richards won't be cheap for an old fella because he will only have a short term deal.

He was given the funds to build the squad at Swindon from the bottom up, and he's cocked that up and ironically they couldn't win at home either.

Do you honestly, hand on heart believe his player recruitment will be better than Evans'?
User avatar
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1944
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Newbold

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby geoffhill » Sat May 05, 2018 9:29 pm

Yes it will.There are at least 15 posters who think Flitcroft is a crap manager.I will be very interested to see what they post this time next season when we have been promoted to league 1.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1711
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby adamstag » Sat May 05, 2018 9:37 pm

geoffhill wrote:Yes it will.There are at least 15 posters who think Flitcroft is a crap manager.I will be very interested to see what they post this time next season when we have been promoted to league 1.


Fans will easily eat their words if so. Given he’s had a quarter of the season and would take us down with such an accumulated points tally over a season.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5782
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat May 05, 2018 9:47 pm

sack him now he is incapable of wining at the mill
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7305
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby Conker » Sat May 05, 2018 9:51 pm

I can’t comprehend people clapping them bunch of bottlejobs at the end of the game, they and ultimately completely failed and need a kick up the backside (managers job)

Unfortunately the manager also needs a kick up the backside (the boot) it’s a absolute travesty considering the situation we was in before Flitcroft joined the ranks and along with the players made the biggest raspberry up imaginable.

Remember when we were the hardest team to beat in the division? How they cut through the defence like butter for the goal was embarrassing.
Last edited by Conker on Sat May 05, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conker
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1679
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat May 05, 2018 9:52 pm

I tell you what, people can bemoan flip flop as much as they like - he's certainly made errors - however, there's zilch he can do about the season long misery in front of goal. Pre-flip flop and currently there's orange all he (or Evans for that matter) can do about our attacking players squandering chance after chance after chance.

And this isn't all down to misfortune cos it's been a season long tale. Cumulatively we have been a dog with fleas at taking chances. That's no flip flops doing.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8846
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby stagmanrob » Sat May 05, 2018 9:55 pm

geoffhill wrote:Yes it will.There are at least 15 posters who think Flitcroft is a crap manager.I will be very interested to see what they post this time next season when we have been promoted to league 1.

Evans has a track record of signing players that wouldn't otherwise be there were it not for him. He has a track record of success.

So you honestly think Flitcroft will do better in the market?

I'm putting money on a Peterborough promotion next season. Flitcroft does not inspire me to put a penny on us doing the same.
User avatar
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1944
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Newbold

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat May 05, 2018 10:03 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:why hasn’t he sacked him already ?


Who, then?
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5600
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sat May 05, 2018 10:11 pm

Can't quite warm to DF tbh.

Today with what was at stake the first half was awful with an easy goal for Creepy... a few fingers must be pointed on at least 3 instances where we were so lacking.

We needed to win today. Thought the team was lacking up front and should have gone for it tooth and nail from the start or at least after we went behind.We didn't

Second half much better but missed real chances. Today was not the cause of our failure but a catalogue of missed opportunities throughout the season overall

That being said I do think that DF and Futch do 'flap like seals' on the touchline.....needs addressing as a fan but respect we have a different management style. Needed a bit more passion from them both for me today because I wasn't confident his team selection /tactics were that smart.

Driving back to the Village and listening to DF he seems confident he will be here next season to get his team in place and progress. Also he said that some players are on too high wages :roll: Also he said that players were unfit (paraphrasing) when he arrived and that he had seen an improvement in fitness levels which seems to be paramount in his opinion.

And alluded that the team were not 'happy' with the Scottish One's style..... Brought up the fact that his Swindon side did MTFC the business :shock:

He's here for the immediate future it seems.

Lets just embrace that next season?
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 853
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat May 05, 2018 10:13 pm

Let’s get behind the bloke
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5600
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby Amber Andy » Sat May 05, 2018 10:27 pm

stagmanrob wrote:
geoffhill wrote:Yes it will.There are at least 15 posters who think Flitcroft is a crap manager.I will be very interested to see what they post this time next season when we have been promoted to league 1.

Evans has a track record of signing players that wouldn't otherwise be there were it not for him. He has a track record of success.

So you honestly think Flitcroft will do better in the market?

I'm putting money on a Peterborough promotion next season. Flitcroft does not inspire me to put a penny on us doing the same.

He has a scattergun approach. He buys teams, he doesn't build teams. The youth team have won the league for the third time. A fantastic achievement. But how many youth players did he involve with the first team squad ? None because the squad was too big already.

I can understand people being angry with how it's gone since DF has been here. However, the failure is down to SE. And now someone has to pick up the pieces of a large overpaid and allegedly divided squad. Perhaps his approach has worked elsewhere but it obviously has not happened here.

Had he actually built a successful team, instead of trying to purchase one, maybe he would have valued it and not walked out.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3876
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby stagmanrob » Sun May 06, 2018 12:26 am

Amber Andy wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:We are missing a boat load of chances, yet the faith is going to be put into the hands of a clown who bought a striker for Swindon for a reported £250k (£350k on Transfermarkt website) who has scored a grand total of 4 goals in 37 appearances (stats taken from same website)

Yeah....got every confidence in this bloke's recruitment being better than that of Steve Evans :lol:
How much did we pay for Angol Rob ?

No idea, it was always "undisclosed"

Whatever it was, it was overpriced when you consider he was Greeny's replacement essentially.
However, I am led to believe his goals to starts ratio isn't too bad. For his overall contrubution though, I do not rate him one bit.
User avatar
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1944
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Newbold

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby spanishstag » Sun May 06, 2018 8:16 am

Under investigation eh adam notts or spierite eh dont go to games ,wellobviously as i live 1500 miles away ,still watched all 46 games live though ,probably more than a few on here, :coys:
spanishstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby Jimstag » Sun May 06, 2018 8:57 am

My personal view is that he should go given he’s missed out on the play offs which was his minimum requirement.

I think JR will stick to his principles and give DF time with his own squad. It will help with recruitment of future managers and I thought this appointment good at the time but these thing don’t always work in football.

On the positive side we’ve been creating a lot and playing some good football. If we’d had a clinical finisher we’d have had 6 yesterday, missed that many good chances.

The negative is quite easy.
1 performance 12 points from 12 games.
2 blaming the squad, it was good enough for 4th when he took over so what’s changed?
3 changed too much too soon, that’s been the real downfall. Changing from the winning formula and the players reaction to it as resulted in the loss of form.
4 unnecessarily throwing points away with super-negative tactics e.g. port vale.
5 team selection. 2 early subs in matches? Why do you need to do that unless you’ve got it wrong? I like the decisiveness to change things but to do it several times makes you think he doesn’t do his homework on the opposition?
6 relationship with the squad. . has happened with diamond and Anderson? Maybe the attitude issues is questioning Flitcroft’s ability like the majority are here as he throws the season down the toilet? We’ll not know for sure but flitcroft has already lost a couple of players on the way.
Jimstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:09 am

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun May 06, 2018 9:36 am

stagmanrob wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:We are missing a boat load of chances, yet the faith is going to be put into the hands of a clown who bought a striker for Swindon for a reported £250k (£350k on Transfermarkt website) who has scored a grand total of 4 goals in 37 appearances (stats taken from same website)

Yeah....got every confidence in this bloke's recruitment being better than that of Steve Evans :lol:


Same clown who brought Richards in for free and he scored 11 goals in 20 games.
You forgot that though....


Do you honestly, hand on heart believe his player recruitment will be better than Evans'?


Come on Rob, I like a lot of what you usually say. I share your huge disappointment on how this season has panned out. I also have my doubts about flip flop but you cannot herald the previous managers signing history.

Flip flop (or whoever) has absolutely nothing to live up to when it comes to 'out-manoeuvring' Evans' record in the transfer market at Mansfield Town.
Logan - excellent signing.
Diamond - very good signing.
White - very good signing.
Everybody else - average.

It's a much banded saying but I'd like to think, given the finances, I'd have bought 3 or 4 good players in from over 20 attempts.

Fans can squeal all they like about flip flop but Steve Evans recruitment record at Mansfield Town was crap. The evidence has been staring back at us all season.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8846
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby abc » Sun May 06, 2018 9:42 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:We are missing a boat load of chances, yet the faith is going to be put into the hands of a clown who bought a striker for Swindon for a reported £250k (£350k on Transfermarkt website) who has scored a grand total of 4 goals in 37 appearances (stats taken from same website)

Yeah....got every confidence in this bloke's recruitment being better than that of Steve Evans :lol:


Same clown who brought Richards in for free and he scored 11 goals in 20 games.
You forgot that though....


Do you honestly, hand on heart believe his player recruitment will be better than Evans'?


Come on Rob, I like a lot of what you usually say. I share your huge disappointment on how this season has panned out. I also have my doubts about flip flop but you cannot herald the previous managers signing history.

Flip flop (or whoever) has absolutely nothing to live up to when it comes to 'out-manoeuvring' Evans' record in the transfer market at Mansfield Town.
Logan - excellent signing.
Diamond - very good signing.
White - very good signing.
Everybody else - average.

It's a much banded saying but I'd like to think, given the finances, I'd have bought 3 or 4 good players in from over 20 attempts.

Fans can squeal all they like about flip flop but Steve Evans recruitment record at Mansfield Town was crap. The evidence has been staring back at us all season.


Was it staring back at us when we were in fourth place with a game in hand of third ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun May 06, 2018 9:57 am

abc wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:We are missing a boat load of chances, yet the faith is going to be put into the hands of a clown who bought a striker for Swindon for a reported £250k (£350k on Transfermarkt website) who has scored a grand total of 4 goals in 37 appearances (stats taken from same website)

Yeah....got every confidence in this bloke's recruitment being better than that of Steve Evans :lol:


Same clown who brought Richards in for free and he scored 11 goals in 20 games.
You forgot that though....


Do you honestly, hand on heart believe his player recruitment will be better than Evans'?


Come on Rob, I like a lot of what you usually say. I share your huge disappointment on how this season has panned out. I also have my doubts about flip flop but you cannot herald the previous managers signing history.

Flip flop (or whoever) has absolutely nothing to live up to when it comes to 'out-manoeuvring' Evans' record in the transfer market at Mansfield Town.
Logan - excellent signing.
Diamond - very good signing.
White - very good signing.
Everybody else - average.

It's a much banded saying but I'd like to think, given the finances, I'd have bought 3 or 4 good players in from over 20 attempts.

Fans can squeal all they like about flip flop but Steve Evans recruitment record at Mansfield Town was crap. The evidence has been staring back at us all season.


Was it staring back at us when we were in fourth place with a game in hand of third ?


Yes it was. Not once did I think "this looks a nailed on £2.5 million promotion team". Anybody thinking differently must have lesser standards than myself.

I genuinely can't believe how people are looking back and thinking that were as good as promoted under Evans. Delusional.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8846
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aspleystag, Bing [Bot], MTFCMusings, MutinyOnTheCounty, patstag, sw19stag, west country stag and 35 guests