{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

See ya later Flip Flop

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby abc » Sat May 05, 2018 6:06 pm

geoffhill wrote:Mr wilson it is could have not could of.Flitcroft will be here next season and will get us promoted.I saw enough today that with a few changes we will be up there.We could change the manager and be worse off.

Are you related to Flipflop ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Sat May 05, 2018 6:11 pm

I think he has to go tonight so far I’ve not seen anything every game ends in a charge of the light brigade. Team selection is wrong resulting in first half subs.

The players don’t look motivated
wardy12345
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby tmwilson » Sat May 05, 2018 6:12 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:Too much anger here.

Give the man the chance to bring in his own players and judge him at Xmas.

agree

we can't afford to pay off Flitcroft, bring a new manager in, have a new manager bring a shed load of players in. this just keeps happening and it's no wonder we never go anywhere. tisdale, Jones, Coleman, ainsworth have all been at their clubs for a while building something. we should do the same

And there are also managers that have been at clubs for years and done nothing .
How long are you planing to give him Bobby ? One , Two , Three years ?
Do you honestly think that he will have the same contacts and influence as Evans ?
To not even get in the play offs is a disaster . There are no excuses. It's been absolutely shocking since he came in . He's dropped player Anderson who was more or less ever present . he has no idea where players play . He hasn't got a clue how to react to situations when we are struggling . .
If yiu are happy with that then fair enough .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat May 05, 2018 6:17 pm

I'll tell ya what I don't bloody know what to think, I'd like to give him more time than be trigger happy. Were all devastated we haven't at least got play offs but that is down to one person even if they don't like to accept it.

I would give him until Christmas personally but JR has a hard decision to make - but I think he'll stick with DF imo.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby steiner » Sat May 05, 2018 6:18 pm

Flip flop has made a right pigs ear of it since he came in I agree but my anger is still aimed towards Evans who led us all up the garden path spending the Radfords money on bang average players then buggering off when he realised his overpaid show ponies would do well to get into the play-offs,
I hope the sweaty slimeball never sets foot in Field Mill again.
steiner
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BH_Stag » Sat May 05, 2018 6:18 pm

tmwilson wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:Too much anger here.

Give the man the chance to bring in his own players and judge him at Xmas.

agree

we can't afford to pay off Flitcroft, bring a new manager in, have a new manager bring a shed load of players in. this just keeps happening and it's no wonder we never go anywhere. tisdale, Jones, Coleman, ainsworth have all been at their clubs for a while building something. we should do the same

And there are also managers that have been at clubs for years and done nothing .
How long are you planing to give him Bobby ? One , Two , Three years ?
Do you honestly think that he will have the same contacts and influence as Evans ?
To not even get in the play offs is a disaster . There are no excuses. It's been absolutely shocking since he came in . He's dropped player Anderson who was more or less ever present . he has no idea where players play . He hasn't got a clue how to react to situations when we are struggling . .
If yiu are happy with that then fair enough .

Completely agree with you. In his interview he said we have '1 right back'... well he didn't even start him!

Had it on good authority that Anderson will be gone 100% in the summer as he isn't interested at all now and his attitude is all wrong which is why he's gone missing. Flitcroft also referred to a championship player that doesn't seem to have drive, hunger etc. so must be Anderson. He's made a big deal about the balance of the squad being all wrong, which is funny really considering Evans had them 4th and he's just taken them backwards in double quick time.
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby SINA STAG » Sat May 05, 2018 6:22 pm

Not scared to change it n admit he got it wrong give him until Christmas to get his own team throw out the dead wood starting with Angol Butcher Spencer n build.a team around a strong midfield with some bite n passion
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat May 05, 2018 6:22 pm

geoffhill wrote:Mr wilson it is could have not could of.Flitcroft will be here next season and will get us promoted.I saw enough today that with a few changes we will be up there.We could change the manager and be worse off.

Thank you for putting me right . . I'm getting as bad as you
for not putting a space between my forename and surname and not starting them off with a capital letter as in Mr Wilson but hey ho , grammar is so much more important that the total f up we have been subjected to recently under Flitcroft ( with a capital F )
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat May 05, 2018 6:24 pm

he hasn’t won a home game ever at the mill

just take a moment for that fact to sink in

not bloody one game

sack him JR
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat May 05, 2018 6:30 pm

Fact is we had enough chances to win three football matches today. Angol and particularly Hemmings missed gilt edge chances but lacked composure. I wouldn't keep either of them.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Sat May 05, 2018 6:31 pm

My big concern is going into the new season the (remaining) players & manager will lack confidence. Signings will have to be made and the team will need time to gel. If we start the season like we finished the season we will be in trouble by Christmas.

Personally, having been handed a team chasing an automatic promotion place, and to only pick up 12 points in 12 games (without a home win), then JR will realise the financial impact on season tickets next season if DF reamins in charge. Sometimes in business you have to admit you made a mistake, pay the price, and move on. I'd like to think there was a non-play-off clause in the contract.

If we'd taken Martin Allen we would have been laughing. I'd take a punt on Mark Sampson, although I hear Sol Campbell might be available :)

Agent Flitcroft your job is done here. Pop over the M1 and do the same at Chesterfield.
Gruff
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat May 05, 2018 6:33 pm

why hasn’t he sacked him already ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat May 05, 2018 6:39 pm

Whats concerning is that he played 3 sides at home that had nothing to play for - Crewe, port vale and Crawley. He gained 2 points.

Whereas I grudgingly admit he’s going to be here next season and probably sabotage that - how folk can suggest it’s not at all flitcrofts fault at all isn beyond me.

If he’s here next season he practically needs to walk on water, if we get off to a poor start the fans should he on him from the off, and rightfully so. His first 12 games are relegation form.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby scottyd281 » Sat May 05, 2018 6:42 pm

No doubt i will get slated for this. DF must stay, i honestly believe he will produce a team that will walk this league. I understand the frustration against the form and i believe a fair few players such as Anderson , Spencer, Hunt, Taft, Byron, Hemmings, Bennet, Thomas & Mirfirn will be shown the door. Yes i know I've included Bennet in this lot and not included Butcher; however Ive been watching Bennet's reaction when players ghost past him and his tracking back and to me he aint putting a shift in (await the abuse (lol). Butcher I believe could be the bulldog in the midfield we have been crying out for (watch this space) if he can sort his life out. I do believe Ricky Miller could be a rough diamond again a bulldog and finisher and there it ends a finisher. A player who knows where the onion bag is from 6 to 12yds, a player is not scared to give it a crack from 18 and a player we have been missing all season. I would not sign Hemmings, a decent player in this league but not a natural goal scorer IMO. Then there is the u23's, who are hungry with an intensity and desire to show their talent. It's actually exciting times ahead and IMO puts us in a better footing to get promoted and then some. I honestly believe if we had been promoted this season we would have struggled next. We are moving slowly to the target, patience some say is a virtue. A good summer all, c-ya next. COYS. Oh and thank you to the Radfords and the whole team behind the scene, great stuff. I for one will be buying a season ticket......:)
scottyd281
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat May 05, 2018 6:48 pm

scottyd281 wrote:No doubt i will get slated for this. DF must stay, i honestly believe he will produce a team that will walk this league. I understand the frustration against the form and i believe a fair few players such as Anderson , Spencer, Hunt, Taft, Byron, Hemmings, Bennet, Thomas & Mirfirn will be shown the door. Yes i know I've included Bennet in this lot and not included Butcher; however Ive been watching Bennet's reaction when players ghost past him and his tracking back and to me he aint putting a shift in (await the abuse (lol). Butcher I believe could be the bulldog in the midfield we have been crying out for (watch this space) if he can sort his life out. I do believe Ricky Miller could be a rough diamond again a bulldog and finisher and there it ends a finisher. A player who knows where the onion bag is from 6 to 12yds, a player is not scared to give it a crack from 18 and a player we have been missing all season. I would not sign Hemmings, a decent player in this league but not a natural goal scorer IMO. Then there is the u23's, who are hungry with an intensity and desire to show their talent. It's actually exciting times ahead and IMO puts us in a better footing to get promoted and then some. I honestly believe if we had been promoted this season we would have struggled next. We are moving slowly to the target, patience some say is a virtue. A good summer all, c-ya next. COYS. Oh and thank you to the Radfords and the whole team behind the scene, great stuff. I for one will be buying a season ticket......:)

Think all this sunshine has gone to your head :shock:
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat May 05, 2018 6:53 pm

adamstag wrote:Whats concerning is that he played 3 sides at home that had nothing to play for - Crewe, port vale and Crawley. He gained 2 points.

Whereas I grudgingly admit he’s going to be here next season and probably sabotage that - how folk can suggest it’s not at all flitcrofts fault at all isn beyond me.

If he’s here next season he practically needs to walk on water, if we get off to a poor start the fans should he on him from the off, and rightfully so. His first 12 games are relegation form.

He had an awful record at home with Swindon, that was his own squad and they were failing at home.
stagsfan6493
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby BH_Stag » Sat May 05, 2018 6:54 pm

scottyd281 wrote:No doubt i will get slated for this. DF must stay, i honestly believe he will produce a team that will walk this league. I understand the frustration against the form and i believe a fair few players such as Anderson , Spencer, Hunt, Taft, Byron, Hemmings, Bennet, Thomas & Mirfirn will be shown the door. Yes i know I've included Bennet in this lot and not included Butcher; however Ive been watching Bennet's reaction when players ghost past him and his tracking back and to me he aint putting a shift in (await the abuse (lol). Butcher I believe could be the bulldog in the midfield we have been crying out for (watch this space) if he can sort his life out. I do believe Ricky Miller could be a rough diamond again a bulldog and finisher and there it ends a finisher. A player who knows where the onion bag is from 6 to 12yds, a player is not scared to give it a crack from 18 and a player we have been missing all season. I would not sign Hemmings, a decent player in this league but not a natural goal scorer IMO. Then there is the u23's, who are hungry with an intensity and desire to show their talent. It's actually exciting times ahead and IMO puts us in a better footing to get promoted and then some. I honestly believe if we had been promoted this season we would have struggled next. We are moving slowly to the target, patience some say is a virtue. A good summer all, c-ya next. COYS. Oh and thank you to the Radfords and the whole team behind the scene, great stuff. I for one will be buying a season ticket......:)

Don't know where to start with all that so won't bother but what has he shown here that has made you think he will produce a team that will walk the league out of interest? Each to their own so actually interested what you've seen that i haven't.

Still don't know of a manager at this level that has turned it round after a start this bad and been successful at the same club and he's made one of the worst starts in Mansfield Towns history.
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagmanrob » Sat May 05, 2018 7:00 pm

We are missing a boat load of chances, yet the faith is going to be put into the hands of a clown who bought a striker for Swindon for a reported £250k (£350k on Transfermarkt website) who has scored a grand total of 4 goals in 37 appearances (stats taken from same website)

Yeah....got every confidence in this bloke's recruitment being better than that of Steve Evans :lol:
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat May 05, 2018 7:12 pm

Jamie wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Sorry adam ill stick with him be more happy if you went ,let me guess to MANCHESTER

On what possible basis does he deserve to stay here? Give me a single positive or decent reason.

He's useless and his record proves it.

If JR stands by him then he needs his head testing.

Or perhaps the players let us down ,we should have won comfortably today ,we had the chances ,but not a goalscorer
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat May 05, 2018 7:15 pm

We need a poacher or fox in the box type player that does bugger all but score goals.

I hope Hemmings stays and he said he wants to. Lets hope a deal can be done.
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat May 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Who, then?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat May 05, 2018 7:46 pm

Has he been SACKED yet ?

total joke
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat May 05, 2018 7:57 pm

No he hasnt ,now STFU and just let the chairman do his job ,
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat May 05, 2018 8:06 pm

I’ve made it quite clear that I think he should be sacked for not reaching the play-offs, which was a minimum requirement when he came in. His record has been woeful and he should pay the price. To be frank he should be so embarrassed that he should offer his resignation.

Having said that, it seems quite clear to me that he will be here next season after his interview today and all the stuff about the Portugal trip.

The only positive I can offer is that the last two home games have been some of the best football we’ve played this season. Obviously that is marred by the fact we were playing two teams with nothing to play for, and that we didn’t win either of them. But Flitcroft can’t be blamed for the sitters Hemmings and Angol missed today. Even the one Hemmings scored he looked to be trying to control it rather than shoot. Add in the sitters Rose has missed in the last few weeks. Say what you like about the manager but some of the chances missed today were criminal, not that it made any difference in the grand scheme of things.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sat May 05, 2018 8:07 pm

spanishstag wrote:No he hasnt ,now STFU and just let the chairman do his job ,

Why don't you STFU ? You couldn't make less sense if you were a Spireite,
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum