{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

See ya later Flip Flop

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

See ya later Flip Flop

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat May 05, 2018 5:05 pm

absolutely wrong starting line up, no passion feel so sorry for JR
time to start again
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Re: See ya later Flip Flop

Postby Sneag » Sat May 05, 2018 5:08 pm

I have no faith whatsoever in this man.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby ianb » Sat May 05, 2018 5:12 pm

Couldn't agree more, two substitutions in the first half just prove he's admitted he picked the wrong team.

Biggest game of the season, and he mucked it up... :roll:
ianb
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat May 05, 2018 5:18 pm

Even the chad told us on wednesday that creepy would be starting with 2 fast wingers, so what does flip flop do? He leaves the fastest player in the squad on the bench (who also happens to be our right back and plays his cart-horse mate in midfield, which gifted them their goal. I feel so sorry for JR and Caroline, they deserve so much better than flip flop has produced. Today proved, once and for all that he is tactically inept and is not the right man to lead us to promotion under our great owner next season.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat May 05, 2018 5:25 pm

The goal was simple at the start of the year, top 3. It was all going pretty well, and then what happened happened. I'd expect a bit of a dip possibly, but 12 points from 12 games is horrific, and the person at the helm should be replaced and we start again fresh this summer and simply accept that the appointment has not worked out.

If we get off to a poor start next year fans will be on his back straight away and if he goes mid season we'll then have another bloke in who I presume will then 'need a summer to sort the squad out' and all of a sudden another season has slipped us by. We can't afford for this to keep happening.
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Sat May 05, 2018 5:27 pm

He’s absolutely terrible. Formation, tactics, players all over the place.

Relegation form, no motivation apart from clapping like a seal - 6 home games, 0 wins - or 4 from 18.

What really took the biscuit is that he stated he didn’t want to finish in the playoffs. Well done Dave, you’ve achieved that.

Please, I beg of you, go.
Last edited by adamstag on Sat May 05, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat May 05, 2018 5:29 pm

Sorry adam ill stick with him be more happy if you went ,let me guess to MANCHESTER
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Jamie » Sat May 05, 2018 5:31 pm

spanishstag wrote:Sorry adam ill stick with him be more happy if you went ,let me guess to MANCHESTER

On what possible basis does he deserve to stay here? Give me a single positive or decent reason.

He's useless and his record proves it.

If JR stands by him then he needs his head testing.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sat May 05, 2018 5:34 pm

spanishstag wrote:Sorry adam ill stick with him be more happy if you went ,let me guess to MANCHESTER

Are you for real ? 6 yes SIX home games and no wins, says it all!!!!
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat May 05, 2018 5:35 pm

Jamie wrote:

On what possible basis does he deserve to stay here? Give me a single positive or decent reason.

He's useless and his record proves it.

If JR stands by him then he needs his head testing.

JR has every right to do what he wants, he saved our football club from extinction so he can do whatever he likes for me (apart from taking us back to conf)
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat May 05, 2018 5:37 pm

abc wrote:

Are you for real ? 6 yes SIX home games and no wins, says it all!!!!

I’m not sure Spanish stag understands football. Why would it matter where someone comes from either? What a ridiculous statement. Bless :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat May 05, 2018 5:38 pm

Wanting to stick with him suggests you'll be happy for another year to pass us by without promotion. I'm pretty sure he won't take us up and there has been absolutely no signs to make me think otherise - there's far too much negativity around him and only results will change it - which he hasn't got! The empty promises he's been making this week smack of desperation because he knows a large portion of fans aren't happy and under him our season has turned in to an absolute failure.
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby tmwilson » Sat May 05, 2018 5:46 pm

How can anyone possibly defend Flitcroft ?
We have gone from a team who were a couple of points off the play offs , top of the form table . A team who in my opinion would of got automatic promotion . Opposing fans were tipping us to go up at the half way stage . We were a team that were hard to beat and that plum has turned into a team a with relegation form .
Like other will not forgive Evans but I think some on here are blaming Evans instead of Flitcroft lack of management skills .
I could of done a better job .
I will continue to support my beloved Stags but I will not be buying a season ticket .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat May 05, 2018 5:46 pm

Too much anger here.

Give the man the chance to bring in his own players and judge him at Xmas.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat May 05, 2018 5:48 pm

BH_Stag wrote:

Wanting to stick with him suggests you'll be happy for another year to pass us by without promotion. I'm pretty sure he won't take us up and there has been absolutely no signs to make me think otherise - there's far too much negativity around him and only results will change it - which he hasn't got! The empty promises he's been making this week smack of desperation because he knows a large portion of fans aren't happy and under him our season has turned in to an absolute failure.

Course he's happy to keep him. He doesn't have to folk out 350 to watch it.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sat May 05, 2018 5:49 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Too much anger here.

Why ? What has he done to merit that ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat May 05, 2018 5:50 pm

agree

we can't afford to pay off Flitcroft, bring a new manager in, have a new manager bring a shed load of players in. this just keeps happening and it's no wonder we never go anywhere. tisdale, Jones, Coleman, ainsworth have all been at their clubs for a while building something. we should do the same
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sat May 05, 2018 5:54 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

agree

we can't afford to pay off Flitcroft, bring a new manager in, have a new manager bring a shed load of players in. this just keeps happening and it's no wonder we never go anywhere. tisdale, Jones, Coleman, ainsworth have all been at their clubs for a while building something. we should do the same[

So in your opinion Bobby Flipflop has shown signs that he could be the manager to get us into league 1 ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat May 05, 2018 5:54 pm

No faith what so ever... DF.. He'll keep the likes of potter atkinson, Spencer and co and let everyone else go. Awful manager
Sedgwick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby No Breaks Allowed » Sat May 05, 2018 5:57 pm

I can see Flitcroft being here next season, whether we like it or not. Every player interview, players are saying how good training, fitness, tactics or attention to detail has been, since he arrived. smacks to me that club has been doing a PR job Flitcroft to win fans over, therefore he’ll be here next season.
No Breaks Allowed
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stringy » Sat May 05, 2018 5:59 pm

He is completely hopeless. He doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

I don't want him in charge next season. After failing to get us into the play-offs he doesn't deserve to be here next season. All we needed to get us over the line was mediocrity, and he has been even worse.
Stringy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby BH_Stag » Sat May 05, 2018 6:00 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

agree

we can't afford to pay off Flitcroft, bring a new manager in, have a new manager bring a shed load of players in. this just keeps happening and it's no wonder we never go anywhere. tisdale, Jones, Coleman, ainsworth have all been at their clubs for a while building something. we should do the same

We can't afford for him to stay and see more seasons pass us by. He has shown nothing that warrants him being given the chance.

You make it sound as though we are a manager merry-go-round and we've never had stability. Cox, Murray and Evans were all given plenty of time - one sacking isn't the end of the world. Sometimes you have to accept things haven't worked and make a change. Would any other manager out there really be surprised if Flitcroft was sacked after the way we have collapsed? of course not. Make the change and start again with a manager who has a fresh start and no negativity and give the fans something to get a bit excited about again because i'm not even slightly optimistic about next season with him.
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby one f in mansfield » Sat May 05, 2018 6:03 pm

In the 12 league games since his arrival we have got 12 points . With the same players in the 12 games before his arrival we got 24 points, If we carried on getting the same points per game we would probably have been playing for an automatic promotion slot today .We failed to get 15 from 36 points for a play off place . Not good enough .

Same players, different managerial style and tactics . We have not been lucky enough to have Billy Kee or Barcelutons strikers and have struggled all season without a consistent scorer . But that was the situation before Flitcrofts arrival and we were still managing to pick up points .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat May 05, 2018 6:03 pm

Mr wilson it is could have not could of.Flitcroft will be here next season and will get us promoted.I saw enough today that with a few changes we will be up there.We could change the manager and be worse off.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat May 05, 2018 6:05 pm

geoffhill wrote:Mr wilson it is could have not could of.Flitcroft will be here next season and will get us promoted.I saw enough today that with a few changes we will be up there.We could change the manager and be worse off.

we'd change the manager and have a rubbish start then those who wanted DF out will have wish he'd stayed.

I thought the football we played second half was great, but when we don't have enough players capable of getting it in the net then what's DF to do then?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum