{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby Sutton Amber » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:31 pm

part time pete wrote:Does this mean you can’t buy a ticket for the QLE unless you are a member.


No, if the stand isn't a sell out, you'll just be paying full price.
Sutton Amber
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:32 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
part time pete wrote:Does this mean you can’t buy a ticket for the QLE unless you are a member.


No , over 600 to buy online and print off for Newport game

I don't understand what Stags for life says.

But to answer Pete's question, you can still buy a ticket for QLE with or without a membership card.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16958
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby part time pete » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:40 pm

So it still can sell out before every member has bought a ticket and a member can try and a buy a ticket on a Friday and none could be left.

Strikes me it is just a way to cut losses on half pice tickets.

Surely they should have said only so many membership cards to be sold when they launched the offer.
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 5256
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:41 pm

Yawn
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6147
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:50 pm

Think theres a few members on here
spanishstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 943
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby The One » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:14 pm

part time pete wrote:So it still can sell out before every member has bought a ticket and a member can try and a buy a ticket on a Friday and none could be left.

Strikes me it is just a way to cut losses on half pice tickets.

Surely they should have said only so many membership cards to be sold when they launched the offer.


Exactly Pete. I have had a season ticket for years but 200 mile round trip on occasions means not this season. Wanted membership card but now sold out of memberships. If club had notified that membership numbers were running out I would have got one. Now think I will be armchair fan. Less revenue for club again through ill thought out ideas.
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9743
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby FarnieStag » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:55 pm

Looks to me like the membership was going "too well" and costing the club season tickets sales. Cynic in me says that moving the family area to the Quarry Lane end was a panic move to make the membership offer magically sell out. I looked yesterday on the club site and it was still saying that the family area was IGL, so it has obviously been a last-minute decision to move it!
Why do the club we support make it so difficult to buy tickets, especially for casual supporters? Most other clubs, you can just wake up, look out the window and say "it's a nice day I'll go the match", then pay on the turnstile. But we seem to do everything we can to make watching our club on-the-day a thoroughly miserable experience (and that's not even including the football!!)
FarnieStag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:15 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby BigGuy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:55 pm

The family section was moved a while ago, as soon as the membership offer was put out there.

I still maintain this is all to put some away fans in the IGL on occasions this season, it will be sparse down some areas now,
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby BigGuy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:08 pm

Interesting on FB, Mark Burton says the club wouldn’t sell more memberships than available seats as they wouldn’t want long queues at the ground on match day with people complaining they can’t get in for £11.

I thought you had to get the cheap ticket PRIOR to match day, that was the point!

Left, right hand anybody?
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:24 pm

So how many been sold
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby frt1987 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:03 pm

FarnieStag wrote:Looks to me like the membership was going "too well" and costing the club season tickets sales. Cynic in me says that moving the family area to the Quarry Lane end was a panic move to make the membership offer magically sell out. I looked yesterday on the club site and it was still saying that the family area was IGL, so it has obviously been a last-minute decision to move it!
Why do the club we support make it so difficult to buy tickets, especially for casual supporters? Most other clubs, you can just wake up, look out the window and say "it's a nice day I'll go the match", then pay on the turnstile. But we seem to do everything we can to make watching our club on-the-day a thoroughly miserable experience (and that's not even including the football!!)


There isn’t many league clubs that take cash on a turnstile now. Most need tickets which you can purchase on the day or in advance...exactly as we do
frt1987
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:22 am

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby The One » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:12 pm

BigGuy wrote:Interesting on FB, Mark Burton says the club wouldn’t sell more memberships than available seats as they wouldn’t want long queues at the ground on match day with people complaining they can’t get in for £11.

I thought you had to get the cheap ticket PRIOR to match day, that was the point!

Left, right hand anybody?


Yes that was the criteria buy tickets in advance so they knew numbers for policing. Could not organise booze up in brewery
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9743
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby Minky123 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:15 pm

Was taking my son down to the family stand this year as i thought it was IGL now its moved , i hate sitting behind goal and cant afford the high prices this year (18 quid for us both looked good) so gonna give it a miss

Why the constant bloody tinkering ???
Minky123
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:39 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby Sneag » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:22 pm

Did the person in charge of ticket pricing at Stags work on the railways in a past life?
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6627
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby Big yella » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:29 pm

The One wrote:
BigGuy wrote:Interesting on FB, Mark Burton says the club wouldn’t sell more memberships than available seats as they wouldn’t want long queues at the ground on match day with people complaining they can’t get in for £11.

I thought you had to get the cheap ticket PRIOR to match day, that was the point!

Left, right hand anybody?


Yes that was the criteria buy tickets in advance so they knew numbers for policing. Could not organise booze up in brewery

I think he means queues of people complaining that they had tried to buy a ticket on Friday only to be told they were all sold.
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3625
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:32 pm

Moan Moan Moan perhaps the same people who turn up st home games n moan theyve got to queue to get a ticket n miss the start of the match....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3631
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:48 pm
Location: Mansfield

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby Chander Lear » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:38 pm

Big yella wrote:
The One wrote:
BigGuy wrote:Interesting on FB, Mark Burton says the club wouldn’t sell more memberships than available seats as they wouldn’t want long queues at the ground on match day with people complaining they can’t get in for £11.

I thought you had to get the cheap ticket PRIOR to match day, that was the point!

Left, right hand anybody?


Yes that was the criteria buy tickets in advance so they knew numbers for policing. Could not organise booze up in brewery

I think he means queues of people comuplaining that they had tried to buy a ticket on Friday only to be told they were all sold.


Probably but the only way to gaurantee a ticket is a season ticket. Memberships at other clubs are endless

Its all a learning curve. Fans should also undertsand if qle sells out then theyll need to pay full price in other sections of the ground. Membership is now effectively gauranteing tickets for high profile games
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3339
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:04 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby CassellsCap » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:56 pm

Was going to get two memberships and I guess my own fault for leaving it too late. Can’t remember reading about a limit on tickets or the family stand being moved plus the 10% empty seats. Maybe I,m old fashioned but every season it just seems harder to go to games unless I plan in advance . Buy tickets in advance, queue to buy them on match days. 20 Miles each way from home and sometimes not sure if I can go till sat lunchtime.. more hurdles
CassellsCap
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby wayno cordiniho » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:59 pm

CassellsCap wrote:Was going to get two memberships and I guess my own fault for leaving it too late. Can’t remember reading about a limit on tickets or the family stand being moved plus the 10% empty seats. Maybe I,m old fashioned but every season it just seems harder to go to games unless I plan in advance . Buy tickets in advance, queue to buy them on match days. 20 Miles each way from home and sometimes not sure if I can go till sat lunchtime.. more hurdles


Same boat, left it late but assumed (wrongly) that there was no limit on number being sold...
wayno cordiniho
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 940
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:55 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby The One » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:00 pm

CassellsCap wrote:Was going to get two memberships and I guess my own fault for leaving it too late. Can’t remember reading about a limit on tickets or the family stand being moved plus the 10% empty seats. Maybe I,m old fashioned but every season it just seems harder to go to games unless I plan in advance . Buy tickets in advance, queue to buy them on match days. 20 Miles each way from home and sometimes not sure if I can go till sat lunchtime.. more hurdles


Saved me 200 mile round trip up M1 for games.

Jeff Stirling and bank manager my new best mates
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9743
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:06 pm

Apparently it's changing again before Saturday. The process is now:

1. Arm-wrestle Arnie.
2. Scale a twenty foot barbed wire topped wall with lookout machine gunner and crocodile moat.
3. Out sprint Usain Bolt.
4. Clean and jerk a small Japanese car.
5. Complete the Rubik's Cube.
6. Child mind a creche of ADHD kids.
7. Wear a ch*****field scarf.
8. Explain quantum physics in 10,000 words.
9. Read a Katie Price novel.
10. Join the match day queue and pay more than the person sat next to you.

ENJOY!
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9289
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby part time pete » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:08 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Apparently it's changing again before Saturday. The process is now:

1. Arm-wrestle Arnie.
2. Scale a twenty foot barbed wire topped wall with lookout machine gunner and crocodile moat.
3. Out sprint Usain Bolt.
4. Clean and jerk a small Japanese car.
5. Complete the Rubik's Cube.
6. Child mind a creche of ADHD kids.
7. Wear a ch*****field scarf.
8. Explain quantum physics in 10,000 words.
9. Read a Katie Price novel.
10. Join the match day queue and pay more than the person sat next to you.

ENJOY!


Or just buy a season ticket ;)
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 5256
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby The One » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:09 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Apparently it's changing again before Saturday. The process is now:

1. Arm-wrestle Arnie.
2. Scale a twenty foot barbed wire topped wall with lookout machine gunner and crocodile moat.
3. Out sprint Usain Bolt.
4. Clean and jerk a small Japanese car.
5. Complete the Rubik's Cube.
6. Child mind a creche of ADHD kids.
7. Wear a ch*****field scarf.
8. Explain quantum physics in 10,000 words.
9. Read a Katie Price novel.
10. Join the match day queue and pay more than the person sat next to you.

ENJOY!


So so true. Her indoors is NFL fan she booked tickets Wembley for autumn games in a minute .
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9743
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby Rob » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:10 pm

The One wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Apparently it's changing again before Saturday. The process is now:

1. Arm-wrestle Arnie.
2. Scale a twenty foot barbed wire topped wall with lookout machine gunner and crocodile moat.
3. Out sprint Usain Bolt.
4. Clean and jerk a small Japanese car.
5. Complete the Rubik's Cube.
6. Child mind a creche of ADHD kids.
7. Wear a ch*****field scarf.
8. Explain quantum physics in 10,000 words.
9. Read a Katie Price novel.
10. Join the match day queue and pay more than the person sat next to you.

ENJOY!


So so true. Her indoors is NFL fan she booked tickets Wembley for autumn games in a minute .


I bet they weren't £22! You can, of course, buy a Stags ticket online in one minute too.
User avatar
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3944
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby The One » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:11 pm

part time pete wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Apparently it's changing again before Saturday. The process is now:

1. Arm-wrestle Arnie.
2. Scale a twenty foot barbed wire topped wall with lookout machine gunner and crocodile moat.
3. Out sprint Usain Bolt.
4. Clean and jerk a small Japanese car.
5. Complete the Rubik's Cube.
6. Child mind a creche of ADHD kids.
7. Wear a ch*****field scarf.
8. Explain quantum physics in 10,000 words.
9. Read a Katie Price novel.
10. Join the match day queue and pay more than the person sat next to you.

ENJOY!


Or just buy a season ticket ;)


Miss to many game to make it viable :(
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9743
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: abc, adamstag, Admiral Sook, awalkinthepark, Conker, Foresttownstag, Hjeldefan, La Manga Stag, MutinyOnTheCounty, nharrison1010, oldnic, patstag, Richard Cranium, Rob, Spiritater, staggered218, West Ham 1969, yorkshire stag and 68 guests