{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:46 pm

Stoney wrote:Bought my QLE membership card, bargain! Thanks JR

QLE could be the place to be next season. Let’s get flags/banners/scarves etc up all over the place and make it a proper “home end”.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:15 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:16 pm

You should be ashamed of yourself ,taking up an offer thats designed to encourage people to watch the stags ,when you could buy a season ticket and slate all the people who like you thought ,hey its a bargain ,lets give it a go :roll:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:20 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:

QLE could be the place to be next season. Let’s get flags/banners/scarves etc up all over the place and make it a proper “home end”.

No torrevieja ,watch every game live 100 and odd quid ,cheap booze ,sunshine ,every game live ,not a bad price ,but hey ho excrement occurs
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:49 pm

spanishstag wrote:You should be ashamed of yourself ,taking up an offer thats designed to encourage people to watch the stags ,when you could buy a season ticket and slate all the people who like you thought ,hey its a bargain ,lets give it a go :roll:

Not reading what's put. Nobody has slated anybody whatsoever for buying or wanting to buy a membership card. Who can blame them?

You really need to read the words in a debate if you want to pick apart someone's argument. You crack on though fella.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:47 pm

Well you should really read your reply to my original comment, without season ticket holders there would be no club ,blah blah , truth is its up to the individual ,how to pay ,i dont think jr got rich by being popular
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:50 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:

I think the QLE atmosphere will be great next season, there will be 300-500 more fans in there every home game compared to last seasons games I reckon. I've been a STH in the lower west barring one season since the 'new stadium' opened. I know a few more who are changing stands.

The Q block will still be going strong with the young lads up there too. It could be a real blessing for the atmosphere on the whole and see Field Mill rocking on occasions.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:13 pm

spanishstag wrote:Well you should really read your reply to my original comment, without season ticket holders there would be no club ,blah blah , truth is its up to the individual ,how to pay ,i dont think jr got rich by being popular

I'm the head repeatedly hitting itself against your thick brick wall.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:46 pm

spanishstag wrote:I went to plenty of conference games and paid ,full whack to gain admission ,my main gripe with the post was that he was advocating QLE members paid more to watch matches than is being offered in the present deal ,hardly helping the club to attract more fans is it :coys:

In a nutshell, yes I do want the club to charge people more for being a casual fan than a season ticket holder pays.
I realise that you are never going to agree with me but season ticket holders are the backbone of the club and should be treated as 'precious' as they are the people who are making a season long commitment irrespective of how the season pans out.
Anybody who attends through any other process has the option to butt out and stop giving the club money at any point in the season if they feel that they aren't getting what they want from the experience. Also, as has been pointed out, it is the money paid up front by the season ticket holders that funds the club through the summer months when there is no matchday income.
I am all for attracting new fans, and encouraging occasional fans to attend more often, and therefore think that the QLE membership scheme is a fantastic idea, and the fact that for a small initial outlay fans can attend matches at a discount price. However, I stand by what I said that I think the pricing model is wrong if they can attend every match for less than somebody who made a full season commitment before a ball was kicked in pre-season.
Nobody is claiming to be a superfan, or a better fan than the person next to them, all we are asking for is a bit of loyalty from the club for our commitment. With the early bird discount having been dropped again this year we have seen an increase of nearly 20% in the cost of a season ticket compared to last year, so to then see others getting a better offer does seem like a smack in the face.
The model that has been used is the same type of thing used by internet providers, insurance companies, etc. where they attract you in with a cheap offer which is better than they give to existing customers. The difference here is that those type of companies tend to offer the cheap price for the first 12 months to get you on board then boost the price the following year. Unless they are not going to do the membership again in future years then that is not the case here. Also, with those companies, existing customers have the option to shop around and get a 'new business' discount elsewhere, but I don't want to change clubs thanks. ;)
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:52 am

Over the years I've come to the conclusion that Mansfield Town have an hard core of around 1500 season ticket holders who pay their money for their love of the club doesn't matter who owns the club what division we play in all they want is their seat they've had for years n a club to support.

Doesn't matter what promotions happen with membership cards or protests to get the owners out as with Haslam these 1500 fans will renew their tickets season in season out.....

I take my hat off to them......
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:07 am

1443 season tickets, I thought we were only at 1000 fairly recently, that sounds like a very healthy jump, while the QLE membership card has only gone up from 400-417? Be great to get 2000 season tickets and 750 membership cards?
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby lancer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:35 am

Myself and Loads of my mates haven't got their ST yet, no point as no offer. But will get mine later this month.
I think we wI'll get nearly 2000 ST sold, maybe more if we can get some exciting signings
lancer
First Team
First Team

Postby DogsDoDahs » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:41 am

1970Stag wrote:1443 season tickets, I thought we were only at 1000 fairly recently, that sounds like a very healthy jump, while the QLE membership card has only gone up from 400-417? Be great to get 2000 season tickets and 750 membership cards?

It may be a healthy jump but if the club sell only 2000 STs that's 500 down on previous seasons which at adult prices amounts to £175000 replaced by less than £1000 worth of QLE memberships with no guarantees of future income from them. That's a significant amount that will come out the budget before the season starts and should have been spent on new players coming in. Great bit of business that mate
:coys:
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby halifaxstag » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:06 pm

DogsDoDahs wrote:
1970Stag wrote:1443 season tickets, I thought we were only at 1000 fairly recently, that sounds like a very healthy jump, while the QLE membership card has only gone up from 400-417? Be great to get 2000 season tickets and 750 membership cards?

It may be a healthy jump but if the club sell only 2000 STs that's 500 down on previous seasons which at adult prices amounts to £175000 replaced by less than £1000 worth of QLE memberships with no guarantees of future income from them. That's a significant amount that will come out the budget before the season starts and should have been spent on new players coming in. Great bit of business that mate

Not exactly a loss of 175k.
Last season we sold approx 2100 early bird tickets (2076 by 29th May) and approx 400 after the 31st May deadline.
Assuming they were all bought at adult prices ( as you have above) then this would have generated £755,500 (2100x295=619,500 + 400x340=136,000)
So this season IF we sell 2000 STs and 500 membership that would generate £701,000(2000x 350=7000 + 500x20=1000)
In addition there will be match day ticket income from Quarry Lane members. If, on average, each member comes to 10 matches (many of them will come to more, a few maybe only 3 or 4) then that will generate £55,000 ( 500x10x11).
So our overall ST and QLM could be £756,000 which looks surprisingly like last year’s figure.
In addition, as has been stated elsewhere, we can charge away fans extra this season due to increase in Quarry Lane match day prices.
Doesn’t look so bad business now, does it? Maybe JR has the makings of a businessman!

* as stated this is based only on adult prices (both seasons’ figures would probably reduce by similar amounts if you take Senior, young adult and junior numbers into account) and the assumption we will sell another 500ish STs which seems quite feasible.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Johnny H » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:23 pm

300 or so of last season ST's were sold in January (half season tickets) so the above figures get even closer.

JR is no mug...he knows he has 1800 die hard ST holders every season.....if he manages to reach that figure or go beyond it he wont be far off last season.
Plus how much a month are we saving on not paying SE and JR's wages (I cannot imagine Flitcroft and Futcher get anywhere near the amount p/m that those pair got)
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby oldnic » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:26 pm

With £500,000 banked already, income will probably match last season before kick off. Without JR where would we be.
oldnic
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby DogsDoDahs » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:33 pm

halifaxstag wrote:
DogsDoDahs wrote:

Not exactly a loss of 175k.
Last season we sold approx 2100 early bird tickets (2076 by 29th May) and approx 400 after the 31st May deadline.
Assuming they were all bought at adult prices ( as you have above) then this would have generated £755,500 (2100x295=619,500 + 400x340=136,000)
So this season IF we sell 2000 STs and 500 membership that would generate £701,000(2000x 350=7000 + 500x20=1000)
In addition there will be match day ticket income from Quarry Lane members. If, on average, each member comes to 10 matches (many of them will come to more, a few maybe only 3 or 4) then that will generate £55,000 ( 500x10x11).
So our overall ST and QLM could be £756,000 which looks surprisingly like last year’s figure.
In addition, as has been stated elsewhere, we can charge away fans extra this season due to increase in Quarry Lane match day prices.
Doesn’t look so bad business now, does it? Maybe JR has the makings of a businessman!

* as stated this is based only on adult prices (both seasons’ figures would probably reduce by similar amounts if you take Senior, young adult and junior numbers into account) and the assumption we will sell another 500ish STs which seems quite feasible.

Its impossible to compare any ST figures without having direct access to the breakdown of adult, concession and junior members in the whole of the wonk which we haven't. Running any business relies on cashflow to make it a success. To compare last seasons sales figures to this seasons sales so far would need a crystal ball as well. But to use the earlybird £295 adult price to do it as well means you are already out by over 15% as well on an adult price basis. I was told the earlybird offer cost JR £40,000 last season to do it.
The calculation I made didn't make any assumption on last seasons prices at all so did not reflect earlybird reductions for an adult. So I stand by what I said using this seasons adult price. STs sold being 2000 as suggested by an earlier stagsnet user, compared to 2500 at the start of the last season means 500 x £350 or £175,000 replaced by 500 QLE x £20 or £1000 or £174,000 of lost cashflow before a ball is kicked . However this does make an assumption that they were all adult ST holders and have taken up the option of the QLE offer and that not one new stags supporter has started coming to the games. The cashflow only starts to kick in just before the first game of the season when 500 QLE fans buy there half price tickets but that money is not in the pot to buy new players before the transfer window shuts. So not good business due to the loss in cashflow till later in the season.
Personally I have renewed my adult ST at £350 and maintained my amber SSA membership in order to sit where I want with la proper view of both goal areas and with people who I normally chat with , which I considered at one time not doing either this season.
So effectively JR has moved a fair few ST holders bums into the cheap seats to create his false North Stand atmosphere at a loss to the club. If you were at the SSA meeting you will know JR has reservations and I bet you any money the earlybird will be back next season and limited to renewals only. That's better business.
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:52 pm

Just to be clear on last season's season ticket sales, the figure quoted on Stagsnet home page of 2,409 was from 22Aug2017. Any sold after that are not included in that figure. I never include sales of half season tickets in my figure.
http://www.stagsnet.net/news/newsdetail ... ewsid=8983

and a reminder of what John Radford said at "An Evening With" on 22 May 2018
John Radford on Quarry Lane membership and season tickets:

"The advantage of the Quarry Lane membership is that you get half price tickets. You do have to buy the ticket at least a day before the game because we have to be able to police that and know the numbers for that, and you have not got a guaranteed seat. So you've not got the same seat every game. It's not the same as having a season ticket. The reason that deal was put out there was to generate atmosphere there (Quarry Lane end) as well as Q block. So that could be the new North Stand. I used to love the North stand (for home fans), but we can't get that back for the fans as it's a policing issue, so that's not on the immediate agenda. Any business ... you have got to look after your loyal customers ... but you have to encourage new customers, and to allow 12-18 year olds to get in for half price allows them the ability to get to 5 or 6 games and then encourage them next year to go and get a season ticket. It creates a bit more of a younger atmosphere over there and create numbers over there and try and fill the stadium."

(On the early bird): "That's a tough one. We looked at this year ... we just had to catch our breath from last year, the way season tickets went last year. I'm probably going to regret not having an early bird this year, but please don't hold the club to ransom on that. This year an early bird hasn't gone out, that doesn't mean it won't happen next year. Certainly having a season ticket is a lot better price than going and buying a seat for every game, and you've got your own seat. And we do give offers to season ticket holders, you've got a couple of tickets to the races if you wanted that. We will look after our season ticket holders and it's about generating atmosphere and getting the fans down here and getting people who've not been here to come and watch us play and see how good the stadium is and see how we support our club."

http://www.stagsnet.net/news/newsdetail ... ewsid=9267
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:43 am

“Yeh but no but ...”

Can we draw a line under this subject now?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:44 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:“Yeh but no but ...”

No, we can’t :roll: :lol:

DogsBollox is assuming that all of last season’s ST holders would buy one this year if the QL membership offer wasn’t available. I don’t believe this. Our core ST numbers have been around 1800 and the extras came last season from the Scottish ones effect and some good backing from JR making us favourites to get promoted. Even though JR has backed Flitcroft this season I don’t think it has the same “wow” factor, especially with lack of early signings, and we would have had reduced numbers of ST holders anyway.
I understand his point about the pre season cash flow, so making an adjustment for Stagsnet number of ST sold at 2409 pre-22/8/17 the cash generated would have been approx £725k compared with the estimated this season of £700k based on sales of 2000.
25k would only get you a decent youth team/ young professional player.

Please note that I have made the same assumptions as before about adult prices because I don’t have the breakdown of age group sales. If Martin , or anyone else, does have them I will re-calculate( and re-estimate this season)
My use of the early bird price is not 15% out- it is the ACTUAL price of the adult ticket sold. Similarly my use of £340 is not 3% out- it is the actual price of the adult ticket sold.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby spanishstag » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:23 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Well you should really read your reply to my original comment, without season ticket holders there would be no club ,blah blah , truth is its up to the individual ,how to pay ,i dont think jr got rich by being popular

I'm the head repeatedly hitting itself against your thick brick wall.

Well you should realise that your preachings are having no effect ,i have my views,you have yours they differ ,no problem
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:31 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
edwinscott wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
spanishstag wrote:So you want to charge people more for not being , a precious season ticket holder , my god you say you and your st holders are the backbone of the club ,but want to charge maybe less fortunate people than yourself more hang your head in shame

And there encapsulated in one single post is someone who doesn't get it.

Top draw blinkering.

I wonder if some fans understand that if it wasn't for people buying season tickets during the Conference years, there might not be a club to support now.

And there we have stagsnet going full circle, some fans see themselves as class A and others as class D.

Really?
So you reckon that this is an "I'm a better fan than you" argument?

I'm sorry but the club was gasping for funds during the summer months of the non-league days. Folks buying season tickets helped it survive through its most difficult period. That's not those people thumbing their nose and being high and mighty, it was those people wanting to keep their club alive.

If that annoys you, tough raspberry.

Yes but some people cant afford a season ticket ,but they keep paying when times are tough as well ,in all honesty most people buy a season ticket because its value for money i know theres an emotional tie ,but its all about the best deal for you ,and the best deal for the club ,jr has decided that he thinks the best deal for the club is his QLE members card and no early bird deal its his decision
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:47 pm

To be fair and I have got my season ticket the player recruitment strategy will not be helping convince those who are wavering.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:14 pm

spanishstag wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
edwinscott wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
spanishstag wrote:So you want to charge people more for not being , a precious season ticket holder , my god you say you and your st holders are the backbone of the club ,but want to charge maybe less fortunate people than yourself more hang your head in shame

And there encapsulated in one single post is someone who doesn't get it.

Top draw blinkering.

I wonder if some fans understand that if it wasn't for people buying season tickets during the Conference years, there might not be a club to support now.

And there we have stagsnet going full circle, some fans see themselves as class A and others as class D.

Really?
So you reckon that this is an "I'm a better fan than you" argument?

I'm sorry but the club was gasping for funds during the summer months of the non-league days. Folks buying season tickets helped it survive through its most difficult period. That's not those people thumbing their nose and being high and mighty, it was those people wanting to keep their club alive.

If that annoys you, tough raspberry.

Yes but some people cant afford a season ticket ,but they keep paying when times are tough as well ,in all honesty most people buy a season ticket because its value for money i know theres an emotional tie ,but its all about the best deal for you ,and the best deal for the club ,jr has decided that he thinks the best deal for the club is his QLE members card and no early bird deal its his decision

Half the people who claim they can't afford a season ticket turn up to every match half cut. If they had 1 or 2 less pints every match for a season they would nearly have enough for next years season ticket. Then the money they save on each match that season pays for next years. It only takes one season of pain to get on the gravy train !!
I buy a season ticket through emotional attachment, to support the club, and to guarantee my seat when I attend and a ticket for big games. Due to other commitments, some years I don't even attend enough matches to break even.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:12 pm

halifaxstag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:“Yeh but no but ...”

No, we can’t :roll: :lol:

DogsBollox is assuming that all of last season’s ST holders would buy one this year if the QL membership offer wasn’t available. I don’t believe this. Our core ST numbers have been around 1800 and the extras came last season from the Scottish ones effect and some good backing from JR making us favourites to get promoted. Even though JR has backed Flitcroft this season I don’t think it has the same “wow” factor, especially with lack of early signings, and we would have had reduced numbers of ST holders anyway.
I understand his point about the pre season cash flow, so making an adjustment for Stagsnet number of ST sold at 2409 pre-22/8/17 the cash generated would have been approx £725k compared with the estimated this season of £700k based on sales of 2000.
25k would only get you a decent youth team/ young professional player.

Please note that I have made the same assumptions as before about adult prices because I don’t have the breakdown of age group sales. If Martin , or anyone else, does have them I will re-calculate( and re-estimate this season)
My use of the early bird price is not 15% out- it is the ACTUAL price of the adult ticket sold. Similarly my use of £340 is not 3% out- it is the actual price of the adult ticket sold.

You really don't get what im trying to say at all. My point has absolutely nothing whatsoever with last years ST prices in any way shape or form or if the manager is a turd or useless.
The adult ST price for this season is £350.
Lets assume the attendance for home fans is a total of 2300 made up of 1800 core ST holders and 500 QLE members all being adult payers. If there was no QLE offer or at offer of any sort and they all attend the first game then income from 2300 adults would be 2300 x £350 = £805000.
But there is a QLE offer so the income is only (1800 x £350) + ( 500 x £20 ) = £631000
The difference on cash flow is £805000 - £631000 = £174000 before a ball is kicked.
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum