{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Quarry Lane Membership 2018/2019

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun May 06, 2018 6:03 am

The non early bird offer for season ticket holders is a major mistake, rethink fast, admit you got it wrong and publish it quick, i do wonder why we don’t consult the SSA on these own goals every bloody time that’s what it’s there for
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun May 06, 2018 6:26 am

If paying a bit more helps the club im not totally against it. Its the way they've done this announcement sneaky on the back of the membership that i dont like.

If DF is staying then the club should announce that,ask the fans to support him and the club next season, explain we need to raise income to challenge and that prices are going up. This way feels insuliting.

That aside ive still got major issue with the membership deal. Why should a casual fan get the cheapest per match price just for paying £20?

To announce this yesterday is also strange. It basically admitted our hopes were over before the game has been played.

They need to back peddle on either ST prices, early birds or the membership deal. Something has to give. Why not limit the membership deal to 15 games, so if someone does that and goes all year it doesn't wizz all over ST prices?
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun May 06, 2018 6:28 am

Oh i also disagree that 60 - 65 is elderly like the Vicar suggests. Changing it isn't good, but 65 isn't elderly. Its not even retirement age.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun May 06, 2018 7:56 am

It’s a typical Mansfield Town omnishambles... how on earth can it be better value to not have a season ticket??!
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun May 06, 2018 8:22 am

I’ll get one but I think the prices are stretching affordability in a place like Mansfield. It also hikes pressure on the club, it’s sounds like many will be going for the membership offer and they don’t have to come if performances and results slide as they have done under flitcroft. I’ll also want to see more value for my money and that’ll affect tolerance levels of results like port vale.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun May 06, 2018 9:48 am

Not sure if its the same for others but without the early bird offer as a family of 4 im seeing an increase year on year 31.3% this includes a change in age category which accounts for roughly 10% but it is still clearly ludicrous.

Broken down as follows.

All in last year (2 adult, 1 youth, 1 under 7) £670

This year (2 adults, 2 youth) £880

Now just for comparison forest season tickets are as follows brian clough upper comparable to ian greaves upper).

1 adults £330 i.e £660 for two adults.
12-17 £50
Under 11 £10

£720 all in. 22% cheaper than stags primarily because of youth prices.

The problem is the short sightedness to do anything about youth prices which in turn makes it more expensive for adults (who pay it) and potentially beyond affordability.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun May 06, 2018 9:54 am

Why do the club have to say DF is staying? He’s our manager. You only say when he’s going!!! What don’t people understand about this?
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon May 07, 2018 7:19 am

Questions - What happens if, should we have the season we all hope for, the Quarry Lane End sells out? Will the offer be extended to other areas of the ground? Will people be willing to pay full price for the West Stand after going as a member for the Quarry Lane End? Is there a limited number of memberships available?

I ask this as my nephew, Spartacus Jnr, is an occasional fan due to playing on a Saturday. By him becoming a member does this mean he will deny a more regular fan the opportunity of going to the game when he can’t?

Will the tickets be transferable, with the appropriate monies paid, from Stand to Stand like they are now?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon May 07, 2018 8:39 am

I am Spartacus wrote:Questions - What happens if, should we have the season we all hope for, the Quarry Lane End sells out? Will the offer be extended to other areas of the ground? Will people be willing to pay full price for the West Stand after going as a member for the Quarry Lane End? Is there a limited number of memberships available?

I ask this as my nephew, Spartacus Jnr, is an occasional fan due to playing on a Saturday. By him becoming a member does this mean he will deny a more regular fan the opportunity of going to the game when he can’t?

Will the tickets be transferable, with the appropriate monies paid, from Stand to Stand like they are now?

I was thinking the same mate.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed May 09, 2018 11:13 am

Can folk get the half-price deal on matchday?

If it's the stupid pre-purchase thingy, then there's little point. Why the club persists with not giving out the deals on matchday is beyond me, and probably anyone else with any sense
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed May 09, 2018 12:06 pm

adamstag wrote:Can folk get the half-price deal on matchday?

If it's the stupid pre-purchase thingy, then there's little point. Why the club persists with not giving out the deals on matchday is beyond me, and probably anyone else with any sense

As i understand it, they have to buy a membership ticket (at half price) before match day. They then pay half of the full match day price, is £12 for QLE next season.

Charging more for tickets on the day of a match is fair enough i think. They require someone to sell the ticket via the kiosk (which costs money), so it rewards people who buy early either online (no staff required) or in the week when the office staff are there already.

Allowing members to buy half price ticket on match day (assuming they can't) just adds to the cost to the club as they have to buy via the kiosk, along with 'match day only' punters.

The membership idea is a good one, but the pricing is a joke as i've said already. The cost per fan of a ST holder vs a Member is much higher for members. They need printed tickets each game, sold by a human at the club. Yet for some as yet unexplained reason, they get the cheapest ticket prices, despite only putting £20 of guaranteed money into the club.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a lot more uproar about this on here and from the wider fan base. We must be the only club in the country where its cheaper not to get a season ticket.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed May 09, 2018 12:27 pm

Jamie wrote:
adamstag wrote:Can folk get the half-price deal on matchday?

As i understand it, they have to buy a membership ticket (at half price) before match day. They then pay half of the full match day price, is £12 for QLE next season.

Charging more for tickets on the day of a match is fair enough i think. They require someone to sell the ticket via the kiosk (which costs money), so it rewards people who buy early either online (no staff required) or in the week when the office staff are there already.

Allowing members to buy half price ticket on match day (assuming they can't) just adds to the cost to the club as they have to buy via the kiosk, along with 'match day only' punters.

The membership idea is a good one, but the pricing is a joke as i've said already. The cost per fan of a ST holder vs a Member is much higher for members. They need printed tickets each game, sold by a human at the club. Yet for some as yet unexplained reason, they get the cheapest ticket prices, despite only putting £20 of guaranteed money into the club.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a lot more uproar about this on here and from the wider fan base. We must be the only club in the country where its cheaper not to get a season ticket.

Maybe fans just got bored of stating the obvious to the club.

I got the feeling that the QLE pricing is partly aimed towards kids, which is fair enough - but as mentioned by others - the club needs to think like a kid of it to work - 12 yo's aren't going to be organised to get a ticket at £20 then go down to the ground (how could they) before matchday, it's silly and doesn't work.

Lower league clubs need to be making it as easy as at all possible to get fans in, yet we somehow manage to make it harder. Kids using the offer should have a kiosk at the ground on matchday where they take the card, get the half price deal and that's that.

There are justifiable grumbles from others about this deal, but surely we would all agree that making it as cheap and easy for kids to get in is the best way forward for all concerned.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Wed May 09, 2018 1:49 pm

Me and our lass were going to do the £20 QLE membership as we will struggle to stump up £700 up front for season tickets this season.

But I've just read that you MUST purchase your tickets BEFORE the day of the game in order to take advantage of the half price tickets. Is this correct?

Makes it completely pointless for fans who don't live in realistic midweek driving distance of Field Mill, and there are plenty of us. If that's the case, it's utterly ludicrous.

Time to pick and choose games then.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed May 09, 2018 2:14 pm

i’m really interested if the SSA or SFU were involved or consulted about these offers ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed May 09, 2018 2:24 pm

Random Hero wrote:Me and our lass were going to do the £20 QLE membership as we will struggle to stump up £700 up front for season tickets this season.

But I've just read that you MUST purchase your tickets BEFORE the day of the game in order to take advantage of the half price tickets. Is this correct?

Makes it completely pointless for fans who don't live in realistic midweek driving distance of Field Mill, and there are plenty of us. If that's the case, it's utterly ludicrous.

It is ridiculous.

I’m going down the QLE route so I’m going to buy bulk tickets in advance so saves me going down or ringing up every week. Ring up and get 3/4 games at once and collect on the day I think will be the easiest way forward
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Wed May 09, 2018 3:17 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
Random Hero wrote:Me and our lass were going to do the £20 QLE membership as we will struggle to stump up £700 up front for season tickets this season.

It is ridiculous.

I’m going down the QLE route so I’m going to buy bulk tickets in advance so saves me going down or ringing up every week. Ring up and get 3/4 games at once and collect on the day I think will be the easiest way forward

How difficult can it be to alter the online system to accept your membership number before purchasing to receive the discounts?

We want to go to as many games as possible, but the club put up so many barriers to actually attending it's getting beyond the realms of a realistic weekend hobby both financially and in terms of planning/time.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed May 09, 2018 3:22 pm

I'm proper Natalie Imbruglia , as I like the simplicity of a ST but can't ignore the savings on a Quarry lane end Members deal.

Need to think.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Wed May 09, 2018 3:26 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:I'm proper Natalie Imbruglia , as I like the simplicity of a ST but can't ignore the savings on a Quarry lane end Members deal.

Need to think.

I also have a Nelly and Kelly. My problem will be that I realistically am only in Mansfield on a match day and at no other time, so the Quarry Lane offer would be pointless.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed May 09, 2018 3:30 pm

Random Hero wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:I'm proper Natalie Imbruglia , as I like the simplicity of a ST but can't ignore the savings on a Quarry lane end Members deal.

Need to think.

I also have a Nelly and Kelly. My problem will be that I realistically am only in Mansfield on a match day and at no other time, so the Quarry Lane offer would be pointless.

Same for anyone who doesn't live in Mansfield, and there's quite a few of us.

Do the board think when they make these offers, or do they just pull them out of a tombola and hope for the best?

Why do they have to be purchased before matchday? As said in a different thread, lots of other clubs have great deals for the kids - but they can just turn up and go like what most of us used to be able to do. It's such a bizarre and totally daft implementation from the club

Maybe you can ring with your membership number and pick up on the day? can you still get them cheap, or do you have to pay full whack then?

Thing is we all care for the club, it's ours, but jeez the club loves putting up barriers
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed May 09, 2018 3:32 pm

Got told on Saturday that they should post tickets out to you if you call up in advance, is this true?
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Wed May 09, 2018 3:35 pm

James wrote:Got told on Saturday that they should post tickets out to you if you call up in advance, is this true?

Good news if true and you can do this with the QLE membership... costing the club money though!
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed May 09, 2018 4:06 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:i’m really interested if the SSA or SFU were involved or consulted about these offers ?

not consulted
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sheffieldstag » Wed May 09, 2018 7:38 pm

With the membership card, can you purchase your tickets in advance online and print out at home?

I don't think that one has been answered or have I missed it?
Sheffieldstag
First Team
First Team

Postby 1966Stag » Wed May 09, 2018 7:50 pm

Not saying I agree with the offer or the issues it creates but having to buy before the game shouldn't be too hard (even without going online) don't you just buy tickets for the next game when you attend the one you are at hence only out of pocket for one game (the first you go to) at the worst.
1966Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby SINA STAG » Wed May 09, 2018 8:47 pm

1966Stag wrote:

Not saying I agree with the offer or the issues it creates but having to buy before the game shouldn't be too hard (even without going online) don't you just buy tickets for the next game when you attend the one you are at hence only out of pocket for one game (the first you go to) at the worst.

Unless you can't make the next home game n your back at square one lol
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum