{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby Conker » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:05 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:Membership scheme has just converted the more casual ST holders into members with the choice to stayway

Disagree.

Been a season ticket holder for 15 years, changed to QLE membership this season due to financial reasons. I will miss 2/3 games due to holidays etc so makes perfect sense for me and other Stags fans I’m sure

You can afford a holiday though, disgusting, get a grip etc etc.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:13 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:We've not had any success yet though Tippy. Not made a play off spot in last five attempts.

We've gone close twice though Doomy. The Mansfield and Ashfield public need to step up. I'm fed up of listening to excuses. JR is doing his best to support the Stags and he needs people to get behind him instead of being plastic Premier League glory hunters.

Are you tater in disguise?

It's not a case of the public stepping up at all. If we're doing well people will come. We have no right to expect people to come and watch mediocre, expensive local football. Talk about arrogance...

I'm know one thing. If your product isn't selling as you'd expect or want. Putting the prices up doesn't usually help that. The product itself has to improve...
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:39 am

If fans really supported the club, they would just buy a season ticket no matter how many matches they attend.

I will go and get my tin hat and bullet proof vest on now. ;)
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Binghamstag » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:49 am

Well after 7 years of not getting a season ticket I pick mine up today. Bring it on
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:52 am

Going to order my season ticket today.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:55 am

I’m mulling over selling up and moving back home and retiring early. If I do, I’ll be getting a season ticket
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:57 am

bellwhiff wrote:I’m mulling over selling up and moving back home and retiring early. If I do, I’ll be getting a season ticket

Big decision to make in ten days Belly!
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:22 am

bellwhiff wrote:I’m mulling over selling up and moving back home and retiring early. If I do, I’ll be getting a season ticket

Yes think of the cultural advantages :D PS Pleased you called it home :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:24 am

I’ve been thinking about it for a while. It’s going to happen, I just don’t know when. My military pension goes up a fair bit in a couple of weeks on my birthday and I could live on it if I had no mortgage and with house prices being low in the area, I could do that.

And it’s still home despite me not living there for over 2/3rds of my life. Still watch BBC East Midlands and I can count the number of people I know here on the fingers of one hand. Just need to get the daughter moved into her own place and that changes it completely.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:08 am

bellwhiff wrote:I’ve been thinking about it for a while. It’s going to happen, I just don’t know when. My military pension goes up a fair bit in a couple of weeks on my birthday and I could live on it if I had no mortgage and with house prices being low in the area, I could do that.

And it’s still home despite me not living there for over 2/3rds of my life. Still watch BBC East Midlands and I can count the number of people I know here on the fingers of one hand. Just need to get the daughter moved into her own place and that changes it completely.

Happy 55th in a couple of weeks ;) All those years waiting and loads of increases all at once, good old 75.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:09 am

Cheers bud. It’ll be welcome.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:21 am

bellwhiff wrote:I’ve been thinking about it for a while. It’s going to happen, I just don’t know when. My military pension goes up a fair bit in a couple of weeks on my birthday and I could live on it if I had no mortgage and with house prices being low in the area, I could do that.

I really like how you still feel connected to this area, and never delay in putting people who badmouth Mansfield in their place.

It's a shame certain other, faux-American posters on this forum don't feel the same... ;)
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:57 pm

Random Hero wrote:

I really like how you still feel connected to this area, and never delay in putting people who badmouth Mansfield in their place.

It's a shame certain other, faux-American posters on this forum don't feel the same... ;)

Think you can see from my interactions on FB with my army mates, how proud I am of coming from the area. I still bump into mates I’ve not seen for literally decades and they still tell me they look out for Stags scores.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Ronaldo10 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:14 pm

Does anyone know why we have to have photos done again ? In fact why do we need photos to start with ?

I went down Friday to renew my ST to find out i have to go back in a few days to have photo done.With open day being cancelled i reckon come Saturday morning a queue will be formed just for photos never mind day ticket sales.
Ronaldo10
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:21 pm

Data protection stuff I think. You will or will have to sign a form when having photo done or paying for it.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Ronaldo10 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:44 pm

Spiritater wrote:Data protection stuff I think. You will or will have to sign a form when having photo done or paying for it.

Pay for photo too ? :shock:
Ronaldo10
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:03 pm

No silly, your ST.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Ronaldo10 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:05 pm

Spiritater wrote:No silly, your ST.

ha thats paid for :D :D
Ronaldo10
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:02 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2018/july/prices-altered-in-ian-greaves-lower-tier/

Oh dear. Got a feeling that with the Quarry Lane offer the lower tier will be very sparse this season.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:20 am

Shouldn't try to milk the life out of travelling fans anyway. Why should away fans be expected to pay more for the same product as those in the opposite end?

We'd be the first to bemoan being stung as away supporters - and quite rightly too.

My issue here is that prices should have been lowered in the away end, not raised in the home stand.
This club cannot grumble if home gates are troubled by this.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:30 am

DoomMerchant wrote:Shouldn't try to milk the life out of travelling fans anyway. Why should away fans be expected to pay more for the same product as those in the opposite end?

We'd be the first to bemoan being stung as away supporters - and quite rightly too.

My issue here is that prices should have been lowered in the away end, not raised in the home stand.

It's all wrong across the football league though Doomy and we have been stung.
Last season at Morecambe I paid around £21 to sit as that's what the home fans paid to sit. Yet Morecambe home fans paid about £15 to stand behind the goal yet they never used the away terrace so we weren't given that cheaper option, that in my eyes is totally against the rules??
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:34 am

DoomMerchant wrote:Shouldn't try to milk the life out of travelling fans anyway. Why should away fans be expected to pay more for the same product as those in the opposite end?

The club is not a charity. You understand that ? It’s economics. The club needs to generate revenue.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:16 am

We are now following EFL rules, fair enough.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:18 am

They need a better, fairer way then Belly. It can't be right that any club is fundamentally attempting to rinse one set of patrons over another set. That goes for every club. Especially when you take travelling costs in to account.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum