{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Quarry Lane Membership 2018/2019

Postby Sutton Amber » Sat May 05, 2018 11:11 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
Hitchcocks size 10s wrote:
James wrote:
Stoney wrote:I'm moving over to the QLE for next season then. That's better value than buying a season ticket.

Am i working this out right?

£20 for the membership.

Half price ticket £9.

£9 x 23 games = £207

Total price, £227.

Why would anyone buy a season ticket?!

It says £25 for quarry lane on match day or £23 if you get it before. So with a £20 memberships card and half price ticket it would be £12.50 a ticket and over 23 games that would be £307.50 . Still cheaper than a season ticket. Think someone has dropped a right clanger with this idea.

It’s £22 before the day of the game so it’s £11 with the membership card

£24 on the day of the game making it £12 with the card

It'll always be £12 as the discount is based on match day prices and the ticket will always have to be purchased at least the day before.
Sutton Amber
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat May 05, 2018 11:14 am

£6 for kids in QLE is pretty decent to be fair
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat May 05, 2018 11:23 am

steve-hymas wrote:The whole quarry lane is open for half price .That includes kids....but at mansfield we still moan it’s too expensive .still the family stand offer on .We can’t really win .Come on you lot ,just pay the membership and away you go .i really ,really despair at times.why do we even put these offers on which cost the club thousands to help those on lower incomes .

Are.you having a laugh Steve who ever as thought this offer is a fantastic idea wants to get his/her ass off their boardroom seat n really have a look at what's on offer at other local clubs never mind the stupidity of charging more money for a season ticket than to someone who's going to turn up now n again because they've got a membership card.

For goodness sake man stop managing a 5ft by 4ft office desk n take a walk around the stadium or town were the fans will give you a true reflection on match day prices.....

How can you pay less to.watch a game than a seasòn ticket holder only at Mansfield Town.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat May 05, 2018 11:28 am

I've done the QLE membership for two seasons now and it is a very good offer.

One word of caution though (unless theve changed it), you need to buy the ticket before the day of the game, otherwise normal prices apply even with the membership card.

It is worth considering.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat May 05, 2018 11:41 am

Can you use the Quarry Lane Membership to buy online? I don't live in the area so cannot just pop to the ground, hence have purchased a season ticket in the past. But seen as there is now zero incentive to do that, may get the membership.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat May 05, 2018 12:00 pm

At Notts County it is £5 or £1 in three of their stands for kids.

That's on the gate. Turn up pay and get in. Not some stupid pre-purchase card scheme followed by alternative prices depending on what day you buy your ticket.

Fact remains that MTFC is open to youngsters - as long as they can be arsed to negotiate the anti-teenage method of actually getting in.

Whilst the club continues to employ this way of attracting customers it will fail to reach its customer potential.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat May 05, 2018 12:15 pm

steve-hymas wrote:The whole quarry lane is open for half price .That includes kids....but at mansfield we still moan it’s too expensive .still the family stand offer on .We can’t really win .Come on you lot ,just pay the membership and away you go .i really ,really despair at times.why do we even put these offers on which cost the club thousands to help those on lower incomes .

People are moaning Steve because if you actually want a decent view of the football you have to sit in the West Upper, for which season tickets have risen when more than likely we will be watching League Two again next year, as have matchday prices.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat May 05, 2018 12:18 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:At Notts County it is £5 or £1 in three of their stands for kids.

That's on the gate. Turn up pay and get in. Not some stupid pre-purchase card scheme followed by alternative prices depending on what day you buy your ticket.

Fact remains that MTFC is open to youngsters - as long as they can be arsed to negotiate the anti-teenage method of actually getting in.

Whilst the club continues to employ this way of attracting customers it will fail to reach its customer potential.

Spot on Doomy but eh ho what do we know about looking after today's customer n tomorrow's potential because there won't be a footprint for tomorrow customers to follow
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby tiptop » Sat May 05, 2018 12:18 pm

For me cheaper for season tickets...

3 x kids 270 at 90 each...
1 x adult 350...
= 620... ian greaves upper....

Quarry lane offer..

4 x 20 = 80 one off fee..
Have to pre purchase to get half price offer,be careful offer dont count on the day....

So pre purchase to get half price offer = 3 x 18 for kids and 11 for me works out 29 per week, works out 667 then add 80 works out 747 with the added messing about sorting tickets out before saturday,as i dont live in mansfield its hard for me too get down... plus its the extra cost of postage....

For me its getting to expensive to watch league 2 games,so gping to have a long think about what to do...
tiptop
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jamie » Sat May 05, 2018 12:54 pm

The offer with the membership is good but is a right royal kick in the teeth, again, for loyal season ticket holders.

When the membership deal works out cheaper than the ST something has gone wrong somewhere. I've had a ST for years and years but will probably not bother now.

Hymas needs to sort his attitude out and read what people are saying. Moaning yes, but fully justified.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat May 05, 2018 12:59 pm

Perhaps Steve or someone else can explain why as a loyal ST holder putting my money in up front, I'm charged £54 more than a member who goes to every game in the same stand whilst also taking up office staff time each week to get there ticket.

Is the benefit of priority tickets for cup games / big away games and a fixed seat really worth £54?

QLE ST holders have been shafted.

Agree with Doomy as usual on this issue. The kids prices are a joke.
Last edited by Jamie on Sat May 05, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat May 05, 2018 1:00 pm

Jamie wrote:Perhaps Steve or someone else can explain why as a loyal ST holder putting my money in up front, I'm charged £54 more than a member who goes to every game in the same stand whilst also taking up office staff time each week to get there ticket.

Is the benefit of priority tickets for cup games / big away games and a fixed seat really worth £54?

Spot on
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat May 05, 2018 1:03 pm

Jamie wrote:The offer with the membership is good but is a right royal kick in the teeth, again, for loyal season ticket holders.

When the membership deal works out cheaper than the ST something has gone wrong somewhere. I've had a ST for years and years but will probably not bother now.

Hymas needs to sort his attitude out and read what people are saying. Moaning yes, but fully justified.

Not very often I agree with Jamie but this time I do.
No early bird for season tickets (unless you include free tickets for something I have no interest in whatsoever).
No discount for existing ST holders. Does loyalty count for nothing ?
And as an added bonus, yet again, despite match ticket prices being cheaper in IGL than in IGU there is no difference in ST prices meaning less of a saving if you sit in the lower tier.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat May 05, 2018 1:13 pm

I don’t think the club think it through before they announce it.

For kids in the QLE just make it £6. No stupid ticket before, no having to pay on the day. Just make it £6 on the day. Simple. But oh no, it’s Mansfield.

If it means it’s £6 for kids in the away so be it, they won’t bring many anyway

Come on think it through
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Sat May 05, 2018 1:19 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:Can you use the Quarry Lane Membership to buy online? I don't live in the area so cannot just pop to the ground, hence have purchased a season ticket in the past. But seen as there is now zero incentive to do that, may get the membership.

Not unless they change it this year. Never could in the past
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat May 05, 2018 1:22 pm

robeyre wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:Can you use the Quarry Lane Membership to buy online? I don't live in the area so cannot just pop to the ground, hence have purchased a season ticket in the past. But seen as there is now zero incentive to do that, may get the membership.

Not unless they change it this year. Never could in the past

So not an option for everyone...But I guess I am just moaning Mr Hymas?
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat May 05, 2018 1:36 pm

Cheapest option should always be for season ticket holders... the fact they have to pay more than the QLE membership thing is ridiculous if you ask me..

I don't see how you can justify putting prices up, the football is the same and the league is.

whats the thinking here, lets fill up the quarry lane end and have a massive empty stand whilst making less money?

£25 on a match day for a ticket at a league two game?? but £2 cheaper when bought in advance, whats the big thing about buying in advance???

Time and time again its been said, a £2 discount for buying in the week isn't a big enough incentive to work. You need to catch the fans who will wake up Saturday and think shall we go stags today? at £25 you're putting so so so many people off, because a lot of stags fans and football fans in general don't decide until a saturday, to all those fans you're saying don't bother.

Wouldn't the club rather have cheaper tickets, more fans, a better atmosphere and still make the same money? if not more because people spend while they're there. LISTEN TO THE FANS!!!
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat May 05, 2018 4:52 pm

If Flitcroft is in charge i predict the lowest amount of season ticket holders since we came back in to the football league next season in light of this new QLE membership offer.

It's going to be difficult for people to fork out £350 when they don't believe that the manager is capable of bringing success, especially when they can pay 20 quid and just pick and choose games as they please and pay considerably less.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat May 05, 2018 4:56 pm

Jamie wrote:Perhaps Steve or someone else can explain why as a loyal ST holder putting my money in up front, I'm charged £54 more than a member who goes to every game in the same stand whilst also taking up office staff time each week to get there ticket.

Agree with Doomy as usual on this issue. The kids prices are a joke.

Spot on Jamie but for some reason our board member can't see the logic in it..... two hats
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat May 05, 2018 7:29 pm

Tell you what Mr. Hymas, after today, take your offers and your £ 23-25 entrance fees and shove them where the sun don't shine.
The cost for 2nd division football is beyond a joke. We've just endured another season of disappointment and we get this rammed down our throats.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Sat May 05, 2018 9:28 pm

My season ticket will be around 20% more expensive than last year.

Seriously thinking about just sacking it off and picking & choosing games next year.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat May 05, 2018 9:44 pm

I actually think at £350 the season ticket price has hit the ceiling of affordability for me.

I will get one and one for my daughter. My eldest, who is now a casual attender, will not be coming anymore due to the gate prices.

Any higher than £350 and I would have to seriously consider my approach to attending Stags as a regular. That's quite sad when I have no desire to cease my support.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat May 05, 2018 10:03 pm

It is the absence of the early bird offer and the high children match day lrices which seem to rum against what is proven to have worked in other clubs.
Forest are offering great prices for kids and this will have an impact on our fan base in years to come.
The lack of early bird would appear.to suggest a view that the regulars will continue buying season tickets no matter what.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Sat May 05, 2018 10:33 pm

Why has the club raised seniors from 60 to 65, we have started money grabbing at the expense of the elderly
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sun May 06, 2018 12:42 am

We have started money grabbing full stop. The prices are a disgrace and the fact steve hymas comes on here telling fans otherwise shows how out of touch he is. I love the club. I love going to games. As do many others. The fact i may have to stop doing so due to expense is a sad state of affairs.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum