{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:48 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Well I don't unfortunately, so I must be a whinger, despite spending most of the time being in the top 5% most positive people on a board full of whiners.

There must be a difference between whinging and whining, then. :D
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:53 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Well I don't unfortunately, so I must be a whinger, despite spending most of the time being in the top 5% most positive people on a board full of whiners.

Don't worry Doomy, folk just can't get their heads around the idea of someone wanting to get a better deal for someone other than themselves.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:39 pm

Beano wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Beano wrote:No ones been shafted - because everyone has a choice.

If you don't think a season ticket is a good deal, buy a membership card :roll:

Yes they have. If you're a regular season ticket holder in Quarry Lane; you've sat in there for years, stayed loyal by buying a season ticket and like the idea of holding a season ticket to put you in the rightfully advantageous place of being first in the line for potential fixtures, and, to avoid messing about queuing for advanced tickets for every individual game, then you're being done over. It's not about choice it's about simplicity and being rewarded for throwing your all in for the season when some membership card holders will chuck it in.

Eyes rolled a thousand times.

ST holders get guaranteed seat (members don’t)
ST holders get first dibs of their seat at big cup games (members don’t)
ST holders don’t have to organise a match ticket prior to game (members do)

If you want those advantages buy a ST, if you want to save a few quid and lose those advantages get a membership card.

How is anyone shafted/kicked in the nads here???

Neither scheme is compulsory btw ;)

A million eye rolls to anyone thinking they’re shafted, You’re not (you have a clear choice same as anyone else!)

That's exactly as I see it. It's a choice. Just go for the one which suits your circumstance
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:14 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Beano wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Beano wrote:No ones been shafted - because everyone has a choice.

If you don't think a season ticket is a good deal, buy a membership card :roll:

Yes they have. If you're a regular season ticket holder in Quarry Lane; you've sat in there for years, stayed loyal by buying a season ticket and like the idea of holding a season ticket to put you in the rightfully advantageous place of being first in the line for potential fixtures, and, to avoid messing about queuing for advanced tickets for every individual game, then you're being done over. It's not about choice it's about simplicity and being rewarded for throwing your all in for the season when some membership card holders will chuck it in.

Eyes rolled a thousand times.

ST holders get guaranteed seat (members don’t)
ST holders get first dibs of their seat at big cup games (members don’t)
ST holders don’t have to organise a match ticket prior to game (members do)

If you want those advantages buy a ST, if you want to save a few quid and lose those advantages get a membership card.

How is anyone shafted/kicked in the nads here???

Neither scheme is compulsory btw ;)

A million eye rolls to anyone thinking they’re shafted, You’re not (you have a clear choice same as anyone else!)

That's exactly as I see it. It's a choice. Just go for the one which suits your circumstance

Correct. Hardly rocket science, is it?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:07 am

Missing the point completely

This is about deciding what you want and pricing accordingly.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:50 am

I'm staggered that quite a few just don't get it.

Clearly little sympathy for QLE season ticket holders amongst the Stagsnet crowd.

I never bought a season ticket until Haslam left the club; the reason for eventually getting one, and continuing to get one, was simple - I wanted to financially back and show my support for my club. That's part of the deal with purchasing a season ticket - "I'll look after you if you look after me." It's not all about feathering your bed with the best deal for yourself, at our level in particular it's a thumbs up and providing guaranteed money, no matter how the season pans out.

If you don't understand that then you sadly don't fully understand the concept.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:18 pm

It looks to me that JR doesn’t want season ticket holders in the QLE.

If there aren’t any season ticket holders in that end then if he wishes he could easily decide to close the QLE to home fans as he hasn’t any season ticket holders to move.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:06 pm

part time pete wrote:It looks to me that JR doesn’t want season ticket holders in the QLE.

If there aren’t any season ticket holders in that end then if he wishes he could easily decide to close the QLE to home fans as he hasn’t any season ticket holders to move.

How would he do that Pete when approx 500 fans to date have bought QUARRY LANE membership, why close it when it will have the most in it for years?
I think you are barking up the wrong tree with that theory.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:08 pm

part time pete wrote:It looks to me that JR doesn’t want season ticket holders in the QLE.

I don't think so Pete. He has explained why he has done it.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:46 am

;) Photo

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:00 pm

I fully appreciate all the arguments for and against the various options, but the fact still remains that season ticket holders are the ones who make a financial commitment to the club up front with no knowledge of how the season will pan out, often not even knowing who more than half of the squad will be.
For that reason alone there should be no other option that will allow somebody to attend every match of the season for less outlay than a season ticket holder.
The membership scheme is a great idea but has been priced incorrectly. If they had kept the initial fee at £20 but then made it £15 per game, instead of the 50% discount, then somebody attending every match would end up paying £365. This would still be a saving of nearly £150 on normal prices but £15 more than a season ticket. Therefore everyone could, or should, be happy.
Even the occasional fans would still benefit from the membership card as you would only have to attend 3 matches to be in profit.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:11 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:I fully appreciate all the arguments for and against the various options, but the fact still remains that season ticket holders are the ones who make a financial commitment to the club up front with no knowledge of how the season will pan out, often not even knowing who more than half of the squad will be.
For that reason alone there should be no other option that will allow somebody to attend every match of the season for less outlay than a season ticket holder.
The membership scheme is a great idea but has been priced incorrectly. If they had kept the initial fee at £20 but then made it £15 per game, instead of the 50% discount, then somebody attending every match would end up paying £365. This would still be a saving of nearly £150 on normal prices but £15 more than a season ticket. Therefore everyone could, or should, be happy.
Even the occasional fans would still benefit from the membership card as you would only have to attend 3 matches to be in profit.

Why??
JR has decided to use the SKY subscription model this season.
Give bigger discounts to new customers (pay as you go) and maybe take the long term subscribers for granted (me and IG and IGU season ticket holders in this example who make up the majority).
Of course savvy customers tend to find ways around this but this will require moving to another stand, most will just stump up the cash.
I agree with Dave Wayne on this topic but are not too emotive either way.
I just think it could have been done better even though probably with good intentions.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:04 pm

ST4GS wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:I fully appreciate all the arguments for and against the various options, but the fact still remains that season ticket holders are the ones who make a financial commitment to the club up front with no knowledge of how the season will pan out, often not even knowing who more than half of the squad will be.

Why??
Give bigger discounts to new customers (pay as you go) and maybe take the long term subscribers for granted (me and IG and IGU season ticket holders in this example who make up the majority).
Of course savvy customers tend to find ways around this but this will require moving to another stand, most will just stump up the cash.
I just think it could have been done better even though probably with good intentions.

You’re being unnecessarily cynical, my friend.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:52 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
ST4GS wrote:

Why??

You’re being unnecessarily cynical, my friend.
Maybe but ticketing is so important. We are 10/10 on most things but pricing structures are not a strong point. We are probably 24th in our league for this. Name another of our peers with a poorer ticketing structure in term of loyalty, value and fan base protection.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:18 pm

So you want to charge people more for not being , a precious season ticket holder , my god you say you and your st holders are the backbone of the club ,but want to charge maybe less fortunate people than yourself more hang your head in shame
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:42 pm

spanishstag wrote:So you want to charge people more for not being , a precious season ticket holder , my god you say you and your st holders are the backbone of the club ,but want to charge maybe less fortunate people than yourself more hang your head in shame

And there encapsulated in one single post is someone who doesn't get it.

Top draw blinkering.

I wonder if some fans understand that if it wasn't for people buying season tickets during the Conference years, there might not be a club to support now.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:28 am

I went to plenty of conference games and paid ,full whack to gain admission ,my main gripe with the post was that he was advocating QLE members paid more to watch matches than is being offered in the present deal ,hardly helping the club to attract more fans is it :coys:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby edwinscott » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:16 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
spanishstag wrote:So you want to charge people more for not being , a precious season ticket holder , my god you say you and your st holders are the backbone of the club ,but want to charge maybe less fortunate people than yourself more hang your head in shame

Top draw blinkering.

I wonder if some fans understand that if it wasn't for people buying season tickets during the Conference years, there might not be a club to support now.

And there we have stagsnet going full circle, some fans see themselves as class A and others as class D.
edwinscott
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:21 am

:mtfc: This is getting BORING!

You pays your money and you makes your choice
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:42 am

edwinscott wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Top draw blinkering.

And there we have stagsnet going full circle, some fans see themselves as class A and others as class D.

Really?
So you reckon that this is an "I'm a better fan than you" argument?

I'm sorry but the club was gasping for funds during the summer months of the non-league days. Folks buying season tickets helped it survive through its most difficult period. That's not those people thumbing their nose and being high and mighty, it was those people wanting to keep their club alive.

If that annoys you, tough raspberry.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:50 am

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:59 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:Ken Wagstaff on modern game

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/k ... nd-1661630

I've not even read that and i know it'll mention something about money ruining the game, and having a go at the style of football PL teams play.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:09 pm

Maybe we'd have done better in the tight Conference days if we hadn't lost so much money on the Westlife concert?
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:21 pm

1970Stag wrote:Maybe we'd have done better in the tight Conference days if we hadn't lost so much money on the Westlife concert?

Or chucking money at Holdsworth to sign a player a week.

Bet he was Yorkie's favourite manager.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:40 pm

Bought my QLE membership card, bargain! Thanks JR
Stoney
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum