{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Local(ish) non-league teams

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Local(ish) non-league teams

Postby eggy » Thu May 03, 2018 10:33 am

I thought it might be interesting to have a look down the leagues and see how some of our neighbours got on.

Level 6 - National League North: Nuneaton were 13th - one place below phoenix club Darlington. Alfreton avoided relegation by 3 points, finishing 17th. Tamworth weren’t so lucky and will be playing in the Northern Premier League next season.

Level 7 - Northern Premier League: Grantham are in the play-off final this Saturday, away to Ashton United. Buxton (9th), Barwell (10th), Mickleover (13th) and Matlock (15th) were part of a very tight mid-table - with just 4 points separating Buxton and Matlock - but all four teams were a fair distance away from either end of the table in terms of points. Coalville Town were 20th but 17 points clear of the only relegated team, Sutton Coldfield.

Level 8 - NPL D1 South: Basford United were promoted as champions with 100 points and just 4 defeats all season. Liam Hearn was their top scorer and the top scorer in the league with 39 goals. Loughborough Dynamo, Sheffield, Belper, Gresley and Carlton all finished in the bottom half.

Level 9: In the NCEL, AFC Mansfield have finished all their games and are in 2nd place, however Pickering still have 2 games left and are four points behind. If Pickering lose tonight AFC will be promoted as runners-up to Pontefract. Heanor and Long Eaton are set for mid-table finishes in the Midland Football League, while South Normanton are 19th but guaranteed safety. Handsworth Parramore (who share Worksop’s ground) are 4th, Rainworth are 9th, Worksop are 14th and Staveley are 15th. Clipstone are dead-last and will be relegated, from their 41 games this season they have 2 points and a goal difference of -133. :shock:

Level 10: Some teams in the East Midlands Counties League have only 1 or 2 games left, while Ashby Ivanhoe still have 9 more to play! The race for the title and promotion is between Dunkirk, Teversal, Anstey Nomads and Selston. Despite amassing 95 points in their first season, the reformed Ilkeston will only finish as runners-up in the Midland League D1. In the NCEL D1, Shirebrook will take on Eccleshill in the play-off semi-finals. Dronfield and Ollerton were mid-table, Bolsover avoided relegation by one point but Retford United finished bottom of the league.
eggy
Manager
Manager

Re: Local(ish) non-league teams

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu May 03, 2018 11:51 am

how are Chesterfield getting on?
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu May 03, 2018 11:57 am

by the way, Rainworth have taken a voluntary step down from step 5 to step 6 for next season (from level 9 to level 10 in the terminology you've used). Details here for anyone interested: http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/rainworth ... 49580.html
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu May 03, 2018 12:17 pm

Interesting info.

If people could add local games that are happening that would be great.

Went to watch Clipstone vs Hall Road Rangers last week, excellent game which saw Clipstone claim only their 2nd point of the season!
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu May 03, 2018 12:52 pm

TBH don’t know however i thought AFC Mansfield played higher than that
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby StagsFan83 » Thu May 03, 2018 12:54 pm

always good to see a local team do well, be great to see a few more represented in the conf north.
One team I always thought should do better, with a great potential fan base, Newark Town, I think they are so far down though!
StagsFan83
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Thu May 03, 2018 1:52 pm

Nuneaton might not be in the National League North next season due to their off field financial problems and therefore Gainsborough might get a reprieve.
We might win against Accrington next time, if we ever play them again.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu May 03, 2018 1:54 pm

part time pete wrote:Nuneaton might not be in the National League North next season due to their off field financial problems and therefore Gainsborough might get a reprieve.

Speaking of Gainsborough...

They have never been relegated or promoted. They’ve moved leagues due to location etc but never due to finishing position
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldnic » Thu May 03, 2018 2:16 pm

Gainsborough my dad, s town of birth but getting back to local team, Shirebrook, young striker with 40 + goals, Kieran Watson. Best season for years
oldnic
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Thu May 03, 2018 4:52 pm

eggy wrote:I thought it might be interesting to have a look down the leagues and see how some of our neighbours got on.

Level 6 - National League North: Nuneaton were 13th - one place below phoenix club Darlington. Alfreton avoided relegation by 3 points, finishing 17th. Tamworth weren’t so lucky and will be playing in the Northern Premier League next season.

Level 7 - Northern Premier League: Grantham are in the play-off final this Saturday, away to Ashton United. Buxton (9th), Barwell (10th), Mickleover (13th) and Matlock (15th) were part of a very tight mid-table - with just 4 points separating Buxton and Matlock - but all four teams were a fair distance away from either end of the table in terms of points. Coalville Town were 20th but 17 points clear of the only relegated team, Sutton Coldfield.

Level 8 - NPL D1 South: Basford United were promoted as champions with 100 points and just 4 defeats all season. Liam Hearn was their top scorer and the top scorer in the league with 39 goals. Loughborough Dynamo, Sheffield, Belper, Gresley and Carlton all finished in the bottom half.

Level 9: In the NCEL, AFC Mansfield have finished all their games and are in 2nd place, however Pickering still have 2 games left and are four points behind. If Pickering lose tonight AFC will be promoted as runners-up to Pontefract. Heanor and Long Eaton are set for mid-table finishes in the Midland Football League, while South Normanton are 19th but guaranteed safety. Handsworth Parramore (who share Worksop’s ground) are 4th, Rainworth are 9th, Worksop are 14th and Staveley are 15th. Clipstone are dead-last and will be relegated, from their 41 games this season they have 2 points and a goal difference of -133. :shock:

Level 10: Some teams in the East Midlands Counties League have only 1 or 2 games left, while Ashby Ivanhoe still have 9 more to play! The race for the title and promotion is between Dunkirk, Teversal, Anstey Nomads and Selston. Despite amassing 95 points in their first season, the reformed Ilkeston will only finish as runners-up in the Midland League D1. In the NCEL D1, Shirebrook will take on Eccleshill in the play-off semi-finals. Dronfield and Ollerton were mid-table, Bolsover avoided relegation by one point but Retford finished bottom of the league.

Of the 33 teams highlighted I've been to see a game in some form or other at 22 of the grounds. It's great to get out and about. Some great little grounds around and about.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu May 03, 2018 10:32 pm

eggy wrote:Level 9: In the NCEL, AFC Mansfield have finished all their games and are in 2nd place, however Pickering still have 2 games left and are four points behind. If Pickering lose tonight AFC will be promoted as runners-up to Pontefract.

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby manssmooth » Fri May 04, 2018 6:02 am

Good to see Liam Hearn scoring for fun again at Basford.

We never got to see him firing on all cylinders, but i'm pleased for the lad that he seems fit and well now.
Fear Naught
manssmooth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby eggy » Fri May 04, 2018 7:33 am

StagsFan83 wrote:always good to see a local team do well, be great to see a few more represented in the conf north.
One team I always thought should do better, with a great potential fan base, Newark Town, I think they are so far down though!

They’ve been playing in the Central Midlands League (Level 11/Step 7 - where AFC Mansfield started) for the last few seasons.

Foresttownstag wrote:If people could add local games that are happening that would be great.

I could do that if people were interested in seeing it on here.
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri May 04, 2018 8:42 am

Good luck to Shirebrook in their semi-final.
I am Spartacus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri May 04, 2018 10:24 am

I am Spartacus wrote:Good luck to Shirebrook in their semi-final.

Shire-napa
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Fri May 04, 2018 11:01 am

Foresttownstag wrote:If people could add local games that are happening that would be great.

I could do that if people were interested in seeing it on here.[/quote]

I for one would be interested
robeyre
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Fri May 04, 2018 11:03 am

My local team, Alvechurch, have just won their 3rd successive promotion to the NPL for next season - they are 'dreaming' of away trips to the likes of Tamworth! Good for them and I'm going to try and take more interest in them next season.
Birminghamstag10
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby robeyre » Fri May 04, 2018 11:12 am

eggy wrote:Level 9: In the NCEL, AFC Mansfield have finished all their games and are in 2nd place, however Pickering still have 2 games left and are four points behind. If Pickering lose tonight AFC will be promoted as runners-up to Pontefract.

In the NCEL D1, Shirebrook take on Eccleshill in the play-off semi-finals. Dronfield and Ollerton were mid-table, Bolsover avoided relegation by one point but Retford United finished bottom of the league.

Does anyone know how Pickering game went and when Shirebrook play?
robeyre
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby eggy » Fri May 04, 2018 11:39 am

Pickering drew last night, if they don’t win their last game tomorrow AFC Mansfield will be promoted. If they win they’ll overtake AFC on goal difference.

Shirebrook are away to Eccleshill next Wednesday.
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Fri May 04, 2018 12:22 pm

Pickering have Hall Road Rangers who I think are 4th bottom, so Pickering should win, but football can be a funny old game at times...
1970Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri May 04, 2018 1:13 pm

1970Stag wrote:Pickering have Hall Road Rangers who I think are 4th bottom, so Pickering should win, but football can be a funny old game at times...

They should.

Watched Hall Road Rangers at Clipstone the other week and Clipstone were the better side and should have won!

AFC Mansfield had a few odd results a month or so ago and looks as if it could cost them!
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Fri May 04, 2018 1:28 pm

eggy wrote:Pickering drew last night, if they don’t win their last game tomorrow AFC Mansfield will be promoted. If they win they’ll overtake AFC on goal difference.

Shirebrook are away to Eccleshill next Wednesday.

Cherrs thanks for update
robeyre
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Fri May 04, 2018 2:41 pm

eggy wrote:
StagsFan83 wrote:always good to see a local team do well, be great to see a few more represented in the conf north.

They’ve been playing in the Central Midlands League (Level 11/Step 7 - where AFC Mansfield started) for the last few seasons.

I could do that if people were interested in seeing it on here.

Save you a lot of trouble and time eggy if you just pointed folk in the direction of t'NLP. Generally it's good for fixtures
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby oldnic » Sat May 05, 2018 2:48 pm

Hall road rangers thrashed one of the top 10 in the week, so Pickering not going to have an easy ride, but to be honest AFC Mansfield still leave a bitter taste
oldnic
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby eggy » Sat May 05, 2018 5:49 pm

Pickering Town won 2-1 today, so AFC Mansfield finish 3rd with 96 points and miss out on promotion.
eggy
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum