{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Ricky Miller

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed May 09, 2018 4:41 pm

Totally agree. I often wonder what world some posters live in and who they actually believe we can realistically sign.
He is a prove n goalscorer albeit a league lower but his goals to game ratio was ridiculous. There ain't much difference in quality from league 2 to conference as we know.
You either know how to score or don't.
He could've gone to numerous clubs on loan as he was in hot demand but chose us.
He would be a brilliant signing and would score a hatful if we continue to create the amount of chances we do under Flitcroft.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2711
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed May 09, 2018 4:41 pm

stagmanrob wrote:These recent bucketloads of chances we've been missing, would have been put away by Miller had he been on the end of them in my opinion.


He was on the end of one against Newport and he missed.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2536
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby Random Hero » Wed May 09, 2018 4:42 pm

Real intent from us would be to give Ricky Miller a whole pre-season to get fit, and start him up front alongside Kane Hemmings on the first footballing Saturday in August.
User avatar
Random Hero
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1980
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: The wrong side of the M1

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby stagmanrob » Wed May 09, 2018 4:43 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:These recent bucketloads of chances we've been missing, would have been put away by Miller had he been on the end of them in my opinion.


He was on the end of one against Newport and he missed.

You can let him off with one, when compared to the double figures that the other 3 are on in only a handful of games.
User avatar
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1944
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Newbold

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed May 09, 2018 4:43 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Totally agree. I often wonder what world some posters live in and who they actually believe we can realistically sign.
He is a prove n goalscorer albeit a league lower but his goals to game ratio was ridiculous. There ain't much difference in quality from league 2 to conference as we know.
You either know how to score or don't.
He could've gone to numerous clubs on loan as he was in hot demand but chose us.
He would be a brilliant signing and would score a hatful if we continue to create the amount of chances we do under Flitcroft.


Ahem :lol:

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2536
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed May 09, 2018 4:45 pm

I was waiting for that :lol:
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2711
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby oldweststander » Wed May 09, 2018 5:25 pm

Sorry guys, if we sign Miller the only thing it says to me is we will fail again.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2362
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby Billythegoat » Wed May 09, 2018 6:28 pm

Not sure where this apparent lack of fitness comes from, he looked fit to me. I think it was more a case of DF simply not fancying him, i also remember him telling us all how much he was going to work with and improve Angol instead!!

Can he do well out our level, who knows, but checking some records, as far as I can work out, he had two goals in three starts for Luton,, (one of them against Tranmere is a belter) and one goal in no starts for us, tells us little, but does 'suggest" if nothing else that he could be just what we need and a goal every 80+ minutes in the conference last year, which smashed Vardy's is quite staggering.

All that said if DF didn't fancy him when he got here its probably even less so now, especially as am guessing a fee of some kind will be involved to make it happen, Can't see this panning out any more than I can see SE coming back for Rose or McDonald.
With the money the sale of Marriot and Madinson will give him, surely he will be buying proven quality, which he may now be able to afford but like DF he certainly can't afford a bad start!
Billythegoat
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:46 pm

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed May 09, 2018 7:20 pm

I reckon Evans will be in for Whiteman Hylton Collins and Otis Khan.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2711
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed May 09, 2018 7:49 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:I reckon Evans will be in for Whiteman Hylton Collins and Otis Khan.


And Yaya Toure
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5600
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby oldweststander » Wed May 09, 2018 7:52 pm

We will soon know, Evans always does his business early.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2362
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby Grendon Stag » Wed May 09, 2018 9:19 pm

Unless there's a lack of interest from other parties I'll be amazed to see him here next season. He was in The Red last Thursday night with CJ and Rhys Bennett and intimated that he doesn't see eye to eye with Flitcroft.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1081
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:35 pm

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby DogsDoDahs » Wed May 09, 2018 11:25 pm

Ricky Miller will not be a Mansfield Town footballer or a Peterborough footballer next season. Depending on his court case he may be playing in against a SE side though.
DogsDoDahs
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:09 pm

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed May 09, 2018 11:31 pm

From his time here alone I’ve heard a few undesirable stories of his off the field activities. I don’t think we ought to sign him.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2536
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby DogsDoDahs » Wed May 09, 2018 11:43 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:From his time here alone I’ve heard a few undesirable stories of his off the field activities. I don’t think we ought to sign him.

I heard the same things about his friend Charlie too just hope that hasn't rubbed off on the likes of the younger players who will remain at this great football club
DogsDoDahs
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:09 pm

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby oldweststander » Thu May 10, 2018 7:49 am

To be fair chaps, its all a bit of a mess isn't it?

Rumours about knocking off training early, devides in the changing room, boozing until 1am before a crucial game, all very unprofessional, all very unnerving IMO.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2362
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu May 10, 2018 7:53 am

A big thing I have noticed about our attacking players is they don't anticipate things. Countless times Rose has won a header and the other players have not gambled on it. The supposed lack of fitness has probably had an impact on that, as well as them lacking the mental aptitude.

If the rumours about lack of fitness training are true it certainly makes a fool of those who were in mourning the departure of Lee Taylor.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2536
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby Bradders » Thu May 10, 2018 10:52 am

Anticipation doesn't require fitness, quite the opposite really. Rhead and Akinfenwa always seem to be on the end of speculative forward balls as their reading of the game is excellent - but they're hardly the most mobile, and never charge about hoping to get into position.
I suspect that Flitcroft believes that at this level players can't read the game very well so they have to run around more. There's probably some truth in that - look at all the balls put in by CJ and MacDonald into good channels that come to nothing because strikers aren't anticipating.
User avatar
Bradders
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3016
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu May 10, 2018 10:59 am

Bradders wrote:Anticipation doesn't require fitness, quite the opposite really. Rhead and Akinfenwa always seem to be on the end of speculative forward balls as their reading of the game is excellent - but they're hardly the most mobile, and never charge about hoping to get into position.
I suspect that Flitcroft believes that at this level players can't read the game very well so they have to run around more. There's probably some truth in that - look at all the balls put in by CJ and MacDonald into good channels that come to nothing because strikers aren't anticipating.


I don't necessarily mean stamina, I meant sharpness.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2536
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Ricky Miller

Postby SINA STAG » Thu May 10, 2018 7:56 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Bradders wrote:Anticipation doesn't require fitness, quite the opposite really. Rhead and Akinfenwa always seem to be on the end of speculative forward balls as their reading of the game is excellent - but they're hardly the most mobile, and never charge about hoping to get into position.
I suspect that Flitcroft believes that at this level players can't read the game very well so they have to run around more. There's probably some truth in that - look at all the balls put in by CJ and MacDonald into good channels that come to nothing because strikers aren't anticipating.


I don't necessarily mean stamina, I meant sharpness.



They all play in division 2 for a reason it's only players that come through the youth team that move on to bigger n better things the rest just arn"t good enough or on the spiral decline to ending their career n looking for that management chance
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3426
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:48 pm

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aspleystag, Bing [Bot], MTFCMusings, MutinyOnTheCounty, patstag, sw19stag, Tippy Tappy Football, west country stag and 34 guests